Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Shaigan...  
Full Name Thomas Decroyère
Nickname Shaigan 
State/Province, Country Brabant   Belgium
GD Gathering City Nivelles, Brabant, Belgium
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://thomas.decroyere.be 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Senior Developer 
Job Description Lead .net Web Developer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/18/2000 12:58:45 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Game Engine UI Manager I'm currently developping my new 3D game engine from scratch. It runs on windows (Direct3D 11) and on Xbox 360 (Xna 4.0). I have implemented the UI Manager. In my previous attempts, I simply positioned all the elements with absolute c... 
Posted October 1, 2010 11:22:45 AM
Perspective Shadow Maps Transformation Matrix Hi, I’m currently trying to implement the Perspective Shadow Map paper located at http://www-sop.inria.fr/reves/publications/data/2002/SD02/?LANG=gb. I have already implemented the standard shadow map algorithm but I don’t understand how... 
Posted August 4, 2003 4:39:43 AM
Static Vertex Buffers Hi, Static vertex buffers are good to store static geometry but when you have a big world with a lot of polygons, you don’t want to store all your static geometry in vram. So a dynamic vertex buffer is better because you can upload your stat... 
Posted March 21, 2003 9:20:23 AM
High order primitives Are they better than doing adaptive tesselation in software and upload the vertex data to a big dynamic vertex buffer at each tesselation ? 
Posted March 21, 2003 2:33:01 AM
Batching polygons and state change Hi everyone, I have read a lot of topics about DirectX and I know that I must batch my polygons so I can minimize the DrawIndexPrimitive calls into my main game loop. I don’t understand how I can batch polygons that have different textures,... 
Posted March 5, 2003 2:18:25 AM
Lock vertex buffer or use vertex shader Hi, I’m programming a sprite system for my engine. A sprite is a quad with texture applied to it. The quad is composed by 4 vertices and each vertex is can have is own color. Now, I want to change the color of the vertices of my sprite in... 
Posted December 23, 2002 4:32:11 AM
Just a little DirectX / Win2k Question Hello everyone. I have just a little question. When I run my game in fullscreen in windows 2k, and then I exit the game, the shadow of the windows cursor disappear. I use DirectInput in exclusive mode for the fullscreen mode. I know it’... 
Posted September 2, 2001 9:14:19 AM
Php and C++ ? Hi, I would like to know if there is any kind of way to execute a php or perl script on a remote machine in a c++ program. For example, in my c++ game, execute a php script : http://www.foosite.com/foo.php Pass it some parameters and receive a... 
Posted August 22, 2001 9:59:23 AM
2d game with 3d acceleration PLEASE TEST Please test my 2d game. It uses DirectX 8.0 and you need a 3d card. To download go here... In advance, a big thanks Shaigan 
Posted May 3, 2001 4:17:28 PM
Screenshots of my tetris game Hi everyone, I have begin to make the site of my first game : a tetris-clone. You can check-out some screenshots. I will release the 1st beta of the game very soon. Please, go to my web site and say what you think about the screenshots. Thank yo... 
Posted April 25, 2001 4:53:12 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
XNA problem with my game... It is because the Random default constructor uses a Time dependant initial seed value. So when you are debugging, if you set break points, the initial seed will change. But if you run your game, because the loop is executed really quickly, the ran... 
Posted September 30, 2010 9:58:26 AM
Real Time Virtual Worlds Looks great! I will download it to give it a try! 
Posted September 28, 2010 4:03:33 AM
Buttons, Textboxes etc in XNA XNA doesn't support any controls by default. You could try to use some third party libraries that use XNA SpriteBatch internally like http://www.tomshane.cz/neoforce/default.aspx  
Posted September 21, 2010 6:15:52 AM
Atmospheric Scattering Wrong Value Driving Me Nuts! I had some trouble implementing the shader of Sean O'Neil in my engine. The problem I had, was the camera not properly positionned in between the inner radius and outer radius. (I only implemented atomesphere from earth) The inner and outer r... 
Posted November 27, 2007 4:51:51 AM
[YANN] Sliding Slot... I was thinking of invalidate the next slots but what happen if for example I need to join 2 64K slots into a 128K slot but the next slot is not a 64K slot? When my video memory manager makes several joins/splits, the vertex buffer fragment itself.... 
Posted May 28, 2004 6:24:53 AM
[YANN] Sliding Slot... The problem that I have with the sliding slot approche that I have tried to implement is when I need to join slots of the same granularity into a bigger slot. In order to join two slots, they must follow each other in the vertex buffer. So before... 
Posted May 28, 2004 5:45:10 AM
Dot product bump mapping theory. Here is a really good paper : http://esprit.campus.luth.se/~humus/Articles/PhongIllumination.pdf [edited by - shaigan on June 24, 2003 3:03:54 AM] 
Posted June 24, 2003 3:03:23 AM
So... wha??? (Vertex buffers, transforms, and HW T&L) Suppose you have a forest on your terrain. Is it better to have ONE vertex buffer for a tree and then make multiple DrawIndexedPrimitive calls or have put ALL the tree in one big vertex buffer and then make one DrawIndexedPrimiti... 
Posted March 20, 2003 1:43:31 AM
Why my 3D cube is blinking? I have the same problem...for me, it’s the Z-Buffer...because when I desactive it, all work very well. If someone get an idea to fix this problem, because the Z-buffer is really cool 
Posted November 24, 2001 7:42:43 AM
Php and C++ ? Thank you very much for your replies. I will try that 
Posted August 22, 2001 11:47:20 AM
View All Replies Made By This User