Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know RAZORUNREAL...  
Full Name David Olsen
Nickname RAZORUNREAL 
State/Province, Country Unknown Region   New Zealand
GD Gathering City Auckland, Unknown Region, New Zealand
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.razorcode.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1257  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/18/2004 6:41:09 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Tetrahedral interpolation I'm working on a voxel renderer (have a look if you want) and an important part of the algorithm is 3d interpolation. As in, without the interpolation it doesn't work properly. I'm not too worried about the quality, it just has to be there. At t... 
Posted November 27, 2007 3:07:57 AM
Photon Arena These images (well, most of them) chronicle the last 3 days, which I spent making Photon Arena. This is the start of my month of games. I'm foolishly attempting to see how many games I can make in roughly a month (till my holidays end). It was all in... 
Posted June 23, 2007 1:33:47 PM
Projectile motion I'm attempting to find the angle to fire a projectile at such that it lands at a specific point. I have only done (in fact, I havn't even completed) high school level physics and calculus, so please bear with me. Here's what I've done so far: ... 
Posted October 4, 2006 2:08:56 AM
Critique my catapult First off, I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a programmer (meaning this is programmer art) and I'm only 17. But I spent a lot of time making this catapult for my 4E5 entry (like 4 full days) and I'm quite proud of how it's... 
Posted July 8, 2006 8:45:55 AM
[4E5] Workspace pics Post a pic of your workspace! This is where you can show off your awesome development system, and how close it is to your fridge. I got this idea from ludumdare 48h by the way. Anyway, I guess I should start this off. So here it is, Junk Central (... 
Posted June 21, 2006 1:20:30 AM
Template classes in container I'm having problems creating a map of templated classes. It seems to have no problem with the map itself, but doesn't like iterators for it. Here's as simple as I can get it: template<class T> class A { }; template<class T> cl... 
Posted June 23, 2006 6:03:04 AM
Disabling after trial I'm working on a game in c++, and I got to thinking: how would I get it to disable itself after a 14 day trial? I guess I'd need to store the time and date it was installed in a file somewhere obscure, and check it against the current date. But... 
Posted January 1, 2006 9:00:50 PM
JIT compiled scripting language features Hi, I'm working on a JIT compiled scriptingish language thing, and it's got to the stage where need to think about what sort of language it's actually going to be. I'm not sure if it's technically a scripting language, but it's meant to be embe... 
Posted January 11, 2006 7:03:01 AM
Can't host a java phone game I followed a tutorial here, and although I wasn't too impressed with how he'd hardcoded in the resolution, it was very helpful. But now I'd like to try it out on my new motorola E770v. So, I got compiled it and packaged it into a .jar, a .jad, a... 
Posted December 26, 2005 5:05:25 AM
Progressive texture loading Since it seems to be the only thing I've done that makes people go wow I'm considering writing an article on loading textures (interlaced png specifically) over several frames. It's useful because you can load textures on the fly witho... 
Posted August 11, 2005 5:58:22 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
JSRay - Realtime Preview Raytracer Believe it or not, this works on android 2.2! (nexus one) It's impossible to navigate and I had to push render twice before it did anything, but it did render. Claims to have taken 28829ms.... But I really don't think it did. 
Posted July 4, 2010 11:48:25 PM
Faster Collisions Circles or Squares? Advice. (Fixed) Ah, you want to test between hollow squares rather than solid boxes? I don't see why you need that for asteroids. Anyway, lets look at determining that they don't intersect. There are only a few options: 1. The squares are separated on t... 
Posted September 8, 2009 7:56:10 AM
Faster Collisions Circles or Squares? Advice. (Fixed) For circles, you don't need the square root. Just compare the square of the distance with the square of the radius. You also don't need to make sure you're subtracting the smaller value from the larger when finding the distance, because if you do it... 
Posted September 7, 2009 9:54:03 AM
AngelScript JIT/AOT implementation details (technical) Is there a reason you can't simply have the JIT code natively call a function which then executes the correct script function? So all calls to script functions in JIT code would be compiled as a call to this single wrapper function, with arguments de... 
Posted July 4, 2009 10:31:53 AM
Seed Random, Global objects, and SDL_Threads There are several options. Option 1: Pass anything you need to into the thread. That data pointer is there for a reason. You'd just have to do something like: if (data == NULL) ; // Die horribly EnemyShip* myEnemy = (EnemyShip*)data; myEne... 
Posted April 17, 2009 5:42:18 AM
Quaternion, again You shouldn't have to extract the x axis like you're doing. For an fps camera you should be able to just create quaternions representing rotations on the x and y axes and combine them in the correct order (I'm not sure which order that is, but... 
Posted April 15, 2009 10:18:07 AM
Quaternion to Euler There are several different sorts of euler angle (you can do the rotations in different orders). Are you sure that both of your conversions deal with the same flavour? 
Posted April 15, 2009 8:23:20 AM
rendering with distance fields That really is cool then! Can you give me any more info about how you've done it? CSG with primitives is straight forward enough, but I'd like to know how you managed the smooth surfaces and noise. I'd thought about noise before, but couldn't see how... 
Posted July 31, 2008 6:29:10 AM
rendering with distance fields That's really cool! Do you generate the entire volume at program load? I ask because I've been working on a similar near realtime renderer, and the biggest issue seems to be memory usage. If you've come up with a way of representing the volume p... 
Posted July 29, 2008 6:22:41 AM
Time of intersection? Swept test between circles is fairly simple. First, testing for intersection between 2 circles is the same as testing for intersection between a larger circle (radius r1 + r2) and a point. Say the point was moving and the circle was stationary. The p... 
Posted April 20, 2008 4:09:30 AM
View All Replies Made By This User