Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Shrew...  
Full Name Robert Swan
Nickname Shrew 
State/Province, Country Greater London   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Kingston upon thames, Greater London, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.aahgames.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Lead Developer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/4/2002 10:11:36 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Aah Little Atlantis XBLIG game Aah Little Atlantis started off as an entry on PC for the recent Ludum Dare 17 competition. The theme was "islands" and you had one weekend to make the game from scratch, including design, art and audio. I spent 14 hours on it and the... 
Posted June 15, 2010 6:57:32 PM
Can't upload on Image of the Day I've tried three times in FF and once in IE to upload five images in one post for image of the day. Each time I've got back (FF) error '80070002' /community/forums/post_info.asp, line 0 (IE) The website cannot display the page ... 
Posted October 9, 2007 10:34:41 PM
Mml Stitcher v0.5 After 10 years plus in commercial games, I've taken a relaxing break and am working on my own project. Motivation is key, and I find bad placeholder graphics has a particularly strong negative effect. My answer is to use screenshots of scenery f... 
Posted October 12, 2007 9:52:11 AM
Help with render to texture required DX8 I am trying to set up the following rendering order in a DX8.1 app: 1) Render to back buffer as normal and using z buffer 2) Render to a texture (same size as back buffer) and USING the same z buffer as from 1) (but not the colour channel) 3) Copy... 
Posted April 13, 2003 2:25:51 PM
How to report an apparent Nvidia driver bug? hi there, following on from my other post http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=150706 I have found what appears to be a major deviation from the REF rasteriser of DX8.1 and the HAL rasteriser. What I would now like to d... 
Posted April 13, 2003 3:30:06 PM
Texture region tiling - is it possible? Im working on creating a world that is made up of tesselated sections, such that I can stream in data to have an infinitely sized world. I have made decisions to make this simpler, ie: bilinear filtering for textures is off texture usage sh... 
Posted February 6, 2003 8:25:30 AM
Smart Pointer Constructor help required Hello there. I am currently writing a smart pointer class to fulfill my specific needs. These are 1) explicit ownership. There are two types of pointer, strong and weak. strong can only own scoped data, and weak can only manipulate t... 
Posted February 3, 2003 7:22:28 AM
Clarification on DPlay connections Because the Winsock or DPlay thread was closed I’ll clarify one point here which isnt related to that question: DirectPlay8 and onwards does not use TCPIP at all. (this in relation to the ’why limit yourself to TCPIP with DPlay?) Th... 
Posted April 22, 2002 10:43:30 AM
DirectPlay SendTo + DPNSEND_NOLOOPBACK problem This is a copy of a message I put up on the DirectX forum - but got no answer so thought Id try here: I hope that referring to DirectPlay isnt too specific for this forum! Thanks... hi there - I have a peer-to-peer netwrok game running, and it inv... 
Posted March 10, 2002 9:09:47 AM
DirectPlay SendTo + DPNSEND_NOLOOPBACK problem hi there - I have a peer-to-peer netwrok game running, and it involves each peer broadcasting its joypad moves to everyone (DPNID_ALL_PLAYERS_GROUP) each tick. I used to use hr = m_pDP->SendTo( dpnid, &messageDesc, 1, 1000*5, NULL, NULL, DPNSE... 
Posted March 4, 2002 10:19:43 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Aah Little Atlantis XBLIG game Quote:Original post by kudi This is not innovative, this exists already as a game: http://bilder.tauschticket.de/bilder/artikel/0421/xxl/8418505_xxl.jpg Thanks for the reply. I look forward to your in-depth discussion of the similarities and d... 
Posted June 16, 2010 10:36:05 AM
Exposing existing C++ objects to Lua There is also tolua - a tool that takes a file defining the interface you want to expose to lua (called a package .pkg file) that is used to autogenerate the c++ binding code. This is then compiled with the rest of your project. http://www.tecgra... 
Posted September 5, 2008 10:05:45 PM
Mml Stitcher v0.5 No it doesn't do that, but it does have that in mind. In the new group pane (not shown) you get to set the offset of the group. This is required because sometimes the screengrabs dont include the top left corner of the map, which is where a tiling... 
Posted November 3, 2007 6:54:47 AM
Mml Stitcher v0.5 Most emulators are more helpful in grabbing screenshots, so you dont have to rely on Print Scrn. So what I do is run around about 3 areas, grabbing screenshots definately from the corners, some from the edges and a few from the middle, switch... 
Posted October 15, 2007 12:59:18 AM
Mml Stitcher v0.5 I don't mind passing this one on to you, with the usual caveats that there are bugs in it or quirks or whatever. The one thing it doesn't do is get layering info - as it works with screenshots if you want to layering info (ie tree t... 
Posted October 14, 2007 1:21:07 PM
Mml Stitcher v0.5 I'm using the latest demo from www.dotnetmagic.com. There are some bugs with the lib (saving layouts to xml, reloading them doesnt always work, and the resizing of window contents can go wrong too, doesn't handle non standard font sizes). So if I... 
Posted October 14, 2007 9:15:58 AM
Mml Stitcher v0.5 Funny you should say that. I was playing Scrabble as I read your post. Yes its me, hi. As you can see I'm doing my own stuff (finally). I'm trying to work quick, so I've got a couple of days to finish this tool before I do the next one (a sprite... 
Posted October 12, 2007 8:27:43 PM
Can't upload on Image of the Day Roger Roger. Done. 
Posted October 10, 2007 9:05:16 AM
Help with render to texture required DX8 ive just double checked with caps viewer - bearing in mind im not using any esoteric parts of DX (just setrendertarget which has to be supported!) and all the formats are valid and supported. None of the documentation suggests any caps that requir... 
Posted April 13, 2003 6:45:24 PM
How to report an apparent Nvidia driver bug? Thank you both. Youve made an ill person happy with your quick responses. Shrew  
Posted April 13, 2003 5:48:54 PM
View All Replies Made By This User