Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know kylecrass...  
Full Name Joel Bruce
Nickname kylecrass 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City Highland, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.jabitech.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Owner 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1042  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/9/2002 2:04:09 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Sending messages for a mmorpg I am working on an open source mmorpg and tools engine and would appreciate some help sending and receiving messages. Currently I have a message table that looks like this in sql: CREATE TABLE [Message] ( [Id] INT PRIMARY KEY IDENTITY, [O... 
Posted July 29, 2007 2:47:37 AM
Salt Lake Game Programmers Meeting Hello! I am writing because I would like to start having a meeting once a month or so (if interest prevails) in the Salt Lake City Utah area to discuss game programming. I would have posted in gd gathering forums, but it looks like no one p... 
Posted July 28, 2007 2:37:02 AM
New Open Source Game Toolkit! Hello all! I am proud to release news of the beginning of a new Open Source project on sourceforge.net called JABTools. It is in early stages of development and is still highly conceptual, but has a basic framework for making pieces of games. Th... 
Posted July 17, 2007 8:48:12 PM
Using AJAX I was wondering if anyone knew if AJAX would be efficient enough to use in a graphical web browser game, where players' states would be sent via httprequest? 
Posted February 7, 2006 2:30:48 AM
Help with acceleration Hi! Okay I have been working on my game for awhile and its been nmissing something crucial, acceleration. The game would be fine if it were just characters moving around, but i am making a sci-fi game that uses space ships, and they need to mo... 
Posted March 11, 2006 7:35:12 PM
Bullet/Ship Conundrum Ok, this may be very complex, or very simple (and I am overlooking something) but here it is! :D Ok I have a ship that can fire bullets. Lets start off easy and build up :D If my ship can travel at 1km / second, and my bullets can fire at 2k... 
Posted March 13, 2006 4:11:27 PM
Foodgasm O my! I just had another foodgasm! Wendy's has done it to me again lol. Screw the noid, make a game about wendy having to taste test food! You create a variety of 'foods' and get points on tastieness and originality!! HAHAH!! Well anyway... 
Posted March 14, 2006 4:56:08 PM
Please help with my javascript Hello! I have been working on my game for quite awhile, and it works as intended in netscape, opera, and firefox. In internet explorer however, it doesnt, to my frustration. In internet explorer,it will not show my graphics, it will keep sa... 
Posted March 7, 2006 4:47:35 PM
Trouble preloading images with javascript I am having trouble loading images in Internet Explorer. The code runs as intended in Netscape, Firefox, and Opera, but not IE :( I would like help fixing or making my code more compatible w/o breaking it in the other browsers (I hope its possibl... 
Posted February 28, 2006 4:38:53 PM
Vivid War (New Space Shooter RPG) Please check out the demo of my new video game alpha! The link takes you directly to a playable demo, no installers or executables need to be downloaded to play, the entire game is online! Vivid War Game Vivid War Manual Browsers Teste... 
Posted February 3, 2006 7:46:23 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Sending messages for a mmorpg I appreciate the feedback, it is helping me think about this in such a way i hadn't imagined. I would use 3-rd party stuff, but I was aiming this project as an open source learning project. Unless you know of some good open source 3rd party messaging... 
Posted July 30, 2007 10:31:14 PM
Sending messages for a mmorpg Ahhh now we are getting somewhere useful to help me figure this stuff out! Thank you for your post Antheus, that is some stuff I hadn't even thought of :D 
Posted July 29, 2007 4:21:59 PM
Sending messages for a mmorpg If i understand correctly u would do messages peer to peer? I am curious, if I were to go p2p, how would I be able to broadcast messages to groups of people, whose inclusion I could fine tune too? :/ I am trying to come up with a somewhat new way... 
Posted July 29, 2007 7:31:48 AM
Sending messages for a mmorpg Messages like players talking to eachother through either tells, party, group, raid and the like. Well there are a few reasons I can think of for sending through a database. One is in case I would like to implement a logging feature of what pe... 
Posted July 29, 2007 7:08:36 AM
MMORPG client/server structure idea I am currently doing something very similar to what you propose! So far I have had only anecdotal evidence to support its scaleability and security. Basically I have the DBMS perform most of the actions a client can take through stored procedure... 
Posted July 29, 2007 2:00:43 AM
Salt Lake Game Programmers Meeting kewl :) hopefully we can get a few more peeps and set up times and places we can meet :D I am good on weekends just about anytime, sometimes after 6:00pm during the week, what about you? 
Posted July 28, 2007 4:49:11 AM
New Open Source Game Toolkit! JABTools is proud to announce some great updates and revisions! Inside the C# solution there are now two projects, Game/Client and Server. The client is mostly a graphical shell of the game, that just sends requests to the DBMS to do things. Th... 
Posted July 25, 2007 3:05:44 AM
The Ion Adventures I really enjoyed the game! The controls were not intuitive at first, it took me awhile to figure out that the shift key was to progress, but other than that, it was alot of fun! I enjoy the cut-scenes and music, grade A! 
Posted July 23, 2007 3:42:26 AM
New Open Source Game Toolkit! The game development toolkit now includes some basic database management for multiplayer! What exactly does this mean? Easy to use to create your own MMORPG! It is not fully implemented yet, but some basics are, so please check out the project ... 
Posted July 22, 2007 5:56:00 AM
Wicked Defense is now online! its a really fun game! There is one thing though, I don't know if this is a glitch or intended. I will be playing level 2, and be on a roll killing guys, and then alla sudden the screen will go black, and the music plays and said i was... 
Posted July 18, 2007 12:34:36 AM
View All Replies Made By This User