Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ldramire...  
Full Name Luis Ramirez
Nickname ldramire 
State/Province, Country IL   United States
GD Gathering City Chicago, IL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID SpideyLu 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Software Engineer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1077  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/28/2004 10:34:56 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Need Help Recovering From A Hard Drive Crash Hey peeps. So I went to restart after an anti-virus update and all of a sudden I couldn't load up Windows. Some error about the boot sector being unreadable. I ran the disk check utility and it reported some bad sectors on my drive. I just re... 
Posted June 4, 2008 11:06:24 PM
Call base class functions in multi-level inheritance chains Quick question: Is it possible to explicitly call any base class function from a derived class in an inheritance chain? For example, given three classes as such: public class BaseClass { public virtual void Foo() { /* Do something */ } } ... 
Posted July 11, 2006 4:02:46 PM
C# 2.0: Can't debug without rebuilding ... and a question on TabControls Hey peeps, Ok, so I recently upgraded to VS 2005 and started working on a C# tool and have come across these two issues. 1 - If I clean the project and then hit F5 to debug, it gives me an error telling me that it can't find the .exe file.... 
Posted April 19, 2006 11:40:13 AM
Referencing unmanaged C++ static class variables from Managed C++ Hey peeps, I'm having quite an annoying issue that perhaps someone here has encountered (and hopefully solved [grin]). Ok, so I've come to work on this project that's been going on for a while. It has an unmanaged C++ core that does all... 
Posted January 15, 2006 3:56:28 PM
Need drivers for a PlayStation to PC Converter USB thingy Hey peeps, I was hoping someone on here could help me out. I have thing (as pictured, 'cept that mine's more of a solid blue) that I let's you use a PlayStation (original) controller on the PC through a USB slot. Works great, but I just se... 
Posted December 1, 2005 8:42:44 PM
My PC died over the weekend :( ... help So I get home this afternoon, powered on my PC, and walked away to get something while it booted. I come back, and my monitor is still off, though the tower's power light (and for some reason the main CD drive light) are on. Checked the mon... 
Posted September 5, 2005 5:55:23 PM
These are the voice actors for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess... ...according to IMDB. Anybody find something odd about this, or is it just me? 
Posted August 18, 2005 6:06:40 PM
Made a tool you C++ guys may be interested in Hey peeps, So I got tired of C & P'ing code and / or starting from scratch when writing source and header files so ... I made a program to do it for me! I thought I'd post here, get some feedback, and see if anyone would find it useful. You can fi... 
Posted June 3, 2005 9:04:44 PM
Can I get MSDN Help w/ out the CDs? Long story short: is there any way I can get the MSDN Help portion of VS.Net 2003 if I already have the IDE? Short story long: I got MSVS .Net 2003 from MSDNAA (free ... yay!). I got the download, not the CDs, and installed it ... so far so good... 
Posted March 27, 2005 3:16:43 PM
"Dynamic" transparency in DX? I've Googled my @ss off and can't find the answer to this. Making a 2D sprite-based game and been curious about this: So you can make something COMPLETELY transparent by setting a color key, but is there a way to make it PARTIALLY transparent a... 
Posted January 28, 2005 12:03:27 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Need Help Recovering From A Hard Drive Crash Quote:Original post by Andrew Russell Regarding your internal drive: It is a permissions error. ... I know what you're talking about. I had to do the whole "take permission" thing when I moved an old drive to a new computer a while back. I don't th... 
Posted June 6, 2008 1:50:17 PM
Need Help Recovering From A Hard Drive Crash Hey, sorry for the slow reply. I've been messing around with this trying to get things to work and not having much luck. Quote:Original post by Jarrod1937 Reinstalling windows was a mistake. You probably could have gotten by by running fixboot, whi... 
Posted June 6, 2008 2:04:46 AM
Debugging in Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition Sounds like your project might be set to dll or lib. Make sure it's set to Application(.exe) in the project properties (Configuration Properties). 
Posted April 21, 2008 7:33:46 PM
level export tool Maybe Mappy will work for you? 
Posted April 1, 2008 2:15:13 PM
Implementing my::list for education Quote:Original post by ToohrVyk Quote:Original post by ldramire Actually, no, it's not. How visual studio shows std::list, as well as most of the other standard library types, is defined in a file called "autoexp.dat" located in the "Common7/Packag... 
Posted March 29, 2008 1:44:07 PM
Implementing my::list for education Quote:Original post by ToohrVyk Quote:Original post by Cantos Quote:When I mouse over a std::list in the debugger, I get the values that are stored in the list, but when I mouse over my::list I get the members and what they point to. How did they... 
Posted March 29, 2008 3:38:41 AM
VC++ tabs displaying CRTL+R, CRTL+W or Edit -> Advanced -> View White Space Edit: Actually this is for 2003, but it should be similar, if not identical. 
Posted November 6, 2006 8:12:46 PM
loading a texture from file Read this, particularly where width and height are concerned. Basically, yes, DX will stretch your image to a power of 2 unless you tell it otherwise. Hope that helps. [Edit]: Typo. 
Posted October 3, 2006 6:15:08 PM
Sprite problem Try commenting out the matrix transformations. I believe the sprite interface takes care of setting that up for you when you pass in position, center, etc, for parameters. 
Posted September 29, 2006 3:04:36 PM
Sprite problem Make sure your render calls are between the DirectX device Begin() and End() calls. IE: Device->Begin(); Sprite->Begin(0); // Stuff Sprite->End(); Device->End(); Device->Present(); ... or something like that ... this is... 
Posted September 29, 2006 2:23:50 PM
View All Replies Made By This User