Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know NicolasJay...  
Full Name  
Nickname NicolasJay 
State/Province, Country Ontario   Canada
GD Gathering City Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1000  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/21/2010 5:59:12 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SDL_OpenAudio() conundrum =/ Hello! I am trying to finish up a school project using SDL 1.2, but I have hit a snag that I can't get by. The game has several game state modules, each with a function int Run(SDL_Surface *screen); In each module, Run() initializes audio,... 
Posted January 4, 2011 1:51:31 PM
using Codesourcery G++ toolchain? Hi....I was wondering if anybody had a link on a howto for setting up the Codesourcery G++ toolchain? There are like 20 different include and lib folders and I couldn't find anything in the docs about which one I am supposed to use. I am... 
Posted December 8, 2010 2:53:22 PM
Intersection Code (math help) Hi. I have a question here if anyone has got a second. I am trying to learn more about how the intersections in the posted code work. The code below shows two types of intersection. Ray triangle intersection, and intersection of two line segme... 
Posted November 21, 2010 7:51:29 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
SDL_OpenAudio() conundrum =/ I actually found the answer to this in one simple formula. SDL 1.2 = fail. 
Posted January 6, 2011 12:49:58 AM
using Codesourcery G++ toolchain? ya, from here: http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lite/arm/portal/release858 I understand how to use their command line compiler, but the exact issue that I am having, is trying to develop with vs2010. Right now, I can test run my project in vs2010... 
Posted December 8, 2010 3:59:06 PM
object culling Quote: I think it's easier to compute the view frustum in world coordinates and then determine if the bounding volume intersects it or not +1 void GEOM::SetupFrustrum(UINT16 fov_deg) { int safeframe = 2; FOV = (float)fov_deg; FOCAL_... 
Posted December 4, 2010 5:20:20 PM
Data structure for storing polygons this is from a little game I made in OpenGL ES(mobile version) but I assume there is something similar for the PC version of OpenGL: glVertexAttribPointer(0, 3, GL_FLOAT, 0, 0, (void*)objects[i].frames[f].vertices); glVertexAttribPointer(1, 3, GL... 
Posted December 4, 2010 5:10:47 PM
3d human model with list of vertex coordinates? there is an export menu..I think it is under file..I forget =/ export to "MilkShape 3D ASCII" 
Posted December 4, 2010 12:57:59 AM
3d human model with list of vertex coordinates? you will have to google your own model, but once you find one you like, Milkshape3D can import almost any type of model, and can export the vertex data in plain text http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/ms3d/download.html 
Posted December 3, 2010 11:38:22 PM
Data structure for storing polygons First question would have to be, which graphics platform do you plan on developing for? OpenGL? DirectX? Mobile game, Console, or PC? in most cases it wont really matter how you store them unless you try sticking them in an std::vector or someth... 
Posted December 3, 2010 11:16:42 PM
Intersection Code (math help) Thanks for the response, but I am trying to poke at something kinda specific. I know how to use barycentric coordinates to find a point in a triangle, or find t along a line, but these two algo's seem to be actually finding those u and v values. The... 
Posted December 3, 2010 10:38:52 PM
Intersection Code (math help) bump!? T.T edit: mod move this to math for me plz? [Edited by - NicolasJay on November 24, 2010 9:17:07 PM] 
Posted November 24, 2010 9:17:39 PM
Projecting points that are behind the camera?!!?! Quote: cannot even come up with a good analogy to describe what you are trying to do! I actually had this same issue when I programmed a software rendering engine. I finally understood why rendering behind Z is not mathematically possible, when... 
Posted November 21, 2010 9:17:22 PM
View All Replies Made By This User