Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know FlyingSpork...  
Full Name  
Nickname FlyingSpork 
State/Province, Country NC   United States
GD Gathering City Old Fort, NC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://cfprogs.faafoundation.org/CFHome.php 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1078  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/7/2005 9:23:16 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
RTS Technology Tree Editor using F# with WinForms The aptly named RTS Technology Tree Editor was a program I wrote for an RTS game I'm working on to easily see and edit a tech tree. It is written using Microsoft's F# and compiled with .NET Framework 2.0. Although I wrote it to edit tech trees,... 
Posted August 31, 2009 10:09:12 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
RTS Technology Tree Editor using F# with WinForms Quote:Original post by ZachMeyer Quote:Original post by tamat Interesting. So why F#? Perhaps just to play around with the new language variant for .NET? I know I wanted to experiment with F# sometime soon because it looks really neat, especiall... 
Posted September 1, 2009 12:13:10 PM
Sleep pattern algorithm You could also give your pets an "energy" variable that is full at, say, 100 and decays over time. When the energy is below 25% or so, the pet can display fatigue and encourage the user to make it go to sleep, which will restore this value. That way,... 
Posted August 24, 2009 8:42:16 PM
Gratuitous Space Battles That looks great! Any idea on when this game will be completed? 
Posted May 3, 2009 11:34:44 PM
RTS jittering I am working on an RTS too, and for generation of things like developed AI cities here's what I do: 1. Keep a 2d array of values (an influence map): the higher the value, the more likely a building gets placed. Initially the whole array is fi... 
Posted April 18, 2009 10:29:35 PM
[4E4] Post yer Screenshots Quote:Original post by Spoonbender Quote:Original post by MSalley Quote:Original post by FlyingSpork with his BA concept artIn this case, the shrimp stands for a person or small group going up against hopeless odds... Wow, sounds like Halo. O... 
Posted July 19, 2005 1:52:07 AM
[4E4] Post yer Screenshots It's kind of hard to explain.. All of the game characters(enemies, etc.) are symbols for a real world(well, sort of) event. In this case, the shrimp stands for a person or small group going up against hopeless odds... Following that, I'm hopi... 
Posted July 14, 2005 3:25:31 AM
[4E4] Post yer Screenshots Ok, my turn : p Until I get the rest of my 2D engine finished, you can call these pictures concept art :). The first one is a concept drawing of the main character, highly detailed artwork, that is :)... Next is a different version... 
Posted July 14, 2005 2:38:32 AM
VB Function Question Try this... If intResponse=vbOk Tthen form3.show ElseIf intResponse=vbCancel Then form1.show End If The GoTo statement simply goes to a different line, not a form. Like in this while loop... While True MsgBox "This is nor... 
Posted June 10, 2005 9:32:23 PM
View All Replies Made By This User