Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mother...  
Full Name  
Nickname mother 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1059  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/3/2000 9:58:45 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Brass Hats - turn-based war game Brass Hats is a turn-based war game, available for Mac and PC. It is similar to games such as Panzer General, Military Madness, and Advance Wars. After working for a large company in the games industry for 4 years, I decided to create my own game... 
Posted September 24, 2007 8:35:52 PM
Brass Hats beta (turn-based strategy war game) Brass Hats is a war game similar to Military Madness or Advance Wars, for PC (Windows) and MacOSX. I've been working on it full time for a year, and finally it is ready for a public beta test. You can download the beta version here. I'm cu... 
Posted June 13, 2007 5:32:29 PM
suspending a script Hi. I've been thinking about how to use Python as a way of programming conversations between the player and an NPC in an RPG game. So what I'd like is the ability to write a .py file which corresponds to a conversation. When the player talks to an... 
Posted November 4, 2004 12:50:10 AM
Landscape Auto-Texturing Hi everyone, I’m writing a 3d landscape engine (isn’t everyone? ) and I’m trying to decide how to make the landscape. I’ve already decided on making the landscape myself, rather than randomly generating (using noise fu... 
Posted October 4, 2000 12:03:40 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Rotating moving object towards point float UnwindAngle(float angle) { while(angle < -180.0f) angle += 360.0f; while(angle > 180.0f) angle -= 360.0f; return angle; } float AngularDistance(float fromAngle, float toAngle) { return UnwindA... 
Posted November 18, 2010 2:47:16 PM
Deleting objects Just make an empty destructor. class IModel { public: virtual ~IModel() {} ... }; class CSkyBox : public IModel { public: virtual ~CSkyBox (); ... };  
Posted October 6, 2010 2:25:38 PM
getting GNUstep to work in Windows I don't know anything about GNUstep, but I think I know what the problem is. sh and csh are two different shells, with different syntax. The file extension is .csh, so I'm guessing it's meant to be sourced from csh. Try using csh as your shell. 
Posted September 27, 2008 9:26:00 PM
cross platform It's probably syncing to the screen refresh. 17 ms is 60HZ, 60 frames per second. (1000/60=16.666) Why are you trying to run your game at 1000 fps, anyway? That's way, way too high. 
Posted September 22, 2008 1:04:05 AM
Avatar upload broken? I just tried to post an IOTD and got the same error. Any word on when this will be fixed? 
Posted September 20, 2007 6:23:31 PM
Enums and classes Because the enum is declared inside the class, you need to do: player1.Playerpic playerpic = Player::none;  
Posted May 3, 2006 9:07:54 PM
Finding the forward vector This code hasn't been tested, but it should work. Depending on your conventions, you may need to change it around slightly. Vector3 CalcForward(Vector3 up, float yaw) { // The right vector will always be parallel to the xz-plane. ... 
Posted March 30, 2006 1:31:49 PM
[C++] union - defenition & implementation Unions are not a good solution to your problem. Here's one fairly simple way to do what you want: [code] class GameMessage { }; class GameMessageHurt : public GameMessage { public: int healPoints; int paralyzedTime; };... 
Posted February 20, 2006 9:02:19 PM
normal calculation Quote:Original post by mother To average the normals, simply add them all up and scale the result by 1/numNormals. No. To "average" the normals, you add them and then normalize the result. Dividing by the number of vectors will not give you a unit... 
Posted February 2, 2006 1:10:01 PM
normal calculation First you need to calculate each triangle's normal: Vector CalcTriangleNormal(Vector p1, Vector p2, Vector p3) { Vector edge1 = v2 - v1; Vector edge2 = v3 - v1; Vector normal = CrossProduct(edge1, edge2); return normal; } ... 
Posted February 1, 2006 11:11:13 PM
View All Replies Made By This User