Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know soconne...  
Full Name  
Nickname soconne 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 75  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/23/2003 5:10:59 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
need a really fast jpeg decoding library I'm currently developing a photo editing application for a client and one of the feature requests they had was to be able to flip through a series of images in a directory really fast. Most of the images they will be viewing are jpegs. I start... 
Posted March 27, 2007 10:51:36 AM
redistributing custom version of opengl32.lib I've been recently told you are not allowed to redistribute your own compiled version of opengl32.lib on windows platforms. Is this true, and if so, where can I find relevant information stating this? Here is the link to the Visual Studio 20... 
Posted April 12, 2010 5:58:38 PM
what tablet PC is this? Anybody recognize what brand/model this tablet is that Huang is using?  
Posted November 10, 2009 2:03:03 PM
OpenGL Connected Component Labeling For my Master's thesis, I designed and implemented Connected Component Labeling on the GPU using OpenGL. The implementation makes use of framebuffer blending operations, GLSL vertex and fragment shaders, occlusion queries and stencil routing.... 
Posted October 19, 2009 1:43:19 PM
Clipmaps interior trim question I'm not understanding how the interior trim compensates for the gaps between level L and level (L + 1). What happens when the inner patch moves 1.0 units? Since the L shape is 2.0 units in height, the inner patch would then overlap it. Further... 
Posted September 28, 2009 11:32:17 PM
glBindVertexArray freezes app I'm working with an NVIDIA 8600m GT notebook card with the latest 190.56 drivers w/modified inf. Running realtech's OpenGL extension viewer, it states that I have OpenGL 3.2 support. I've tried creating OpenGL 2.1, 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 contexts, with... 
Posted August 29, 2009 9:29:28 AM
How to calculate # of pixels per world coordinate unit? I'm implementing the screen space error equation discussed in this old paper, Continuous Level of Detail Rendering of Height Fields. On page 4, 3rd paragraph of section 4.1, the author says that the gamma (or whatever that symbol is called), is... 
Posted August 27, 2009 9:47:55 PM
web development language statistics? Does anybody know of a site that lists statistics on what languages and environments are used for web and server development? So x% .net, y% linux, z% php, ect.... 
Posted August 25, 2009 8:55:17 AM
Looking for infrared reflecting paint or marker I'm working with a very large multi-touch table that uses 3 infrared cameras to pick up fingers touching the surface. The surface is an acrylic transparent plastic material with infrared LEDs on the sides shooting light into it, so when you pre... 
Posted July 16, 2009 10:38:22 AM
Word 2007 plugin for source code formatting? I'm looking for a Word plugin that will format source code, preferablly with syntax highlighting and line numbers. Does anybody know of one? 
Posted June 22, 2009 4:37:11 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Which is faster: binding another shader program or another FBO (diff res) You can always easily benchmark this yourself by creating an extreme test example, where you have 100+ FBOs and 100+ shaders. 
Posted April 12, 2010 9:34:09 PM
what tablet PC is this? Well I want one! 
Posted November 10, 2009 2:09:55 PM
Help! Playing video in OpenGL I tend to use OpenCV. Here's the basic code for loading and reading frames of video. CvCapture* video = cvCaptureFromFile("video.avi"); ... IplImage* frame = cvQueryFrame(video); ... cvReleaseCapture(&video);  
Posted October 26, 2009 11:14:45 PM
OpenGL Connected Component Labeling Quote:Original post by remdul Cool. At those framerates, it starts to become interesting to simulate visual perception of AI. Finally I'll be able to hide in shrubbery from braindead mercenaries and their lazer-accurate aim. I know! I've alw... 
Posted October 26, 2009 1:07:12 PM
OpenGL Connected Component Labeling Well there are plenty of papers detailing the theory and I have an except from my thesis on sourceforge you can take a look at for implementation details. As for applications, there are a wide variety such as object tracking, object segmentatio... 
Posted October 20, 2009 9:48:05 PM
How to perform Multi-Pass / Ping Pong filtering? // Set up FBO glBindFramebuffer(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, fboID); glFramebufferTexture2D(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0, GL_TEXSTURE_2D, texID[0], 0); glFramebufferTexture2D(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT1, GL_TEXSTURE_2D, texID[1], 0); //... 
Posted October 4, 2009 9:10:38 AM
How to perform Multi-Pass / Ping Pong filtering? http://www.m3xbox.com/GPU_blog/?tag=ping-pong 
Posted October 3, 2009 4:48:38 PM
texture mapping Here's sample code for DevIL. ILuint image; ilInit(); ilGenImages(1, &image); ilBindImage(image); ilLoadImage("image.jpg"); GLuint texID; glGenTextures(1, &texID); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texID); glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D... 
Posted October 1, 2009 12:19:08 PM
Problem in Primitive drawing What does your rendering code look like? Do you have depth testing disabled? Are you calling glViewport? What does the full code look like when you set up your projection? 
Posted September 30, 2009 2:59:33 PM
How to "move" object in perspective ? Once the mouse is over your object, you need to retrieve the world coordinates at that location. You can use gluUnProject, along with glReadPixels for sampling the depth value, for this. Once you have the world (x,y,z) coordinates, you can (in a... 
Posted September 30, 2009 2:58:48 PM
View All Replies Made By This User