Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Astrofra...  
Full Name Francois Gutherz
Nickname Astrofra 
State/Province, Country Centre   France
GD Gathering City Orleans, Centre, France
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.astrofra.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID astrofra@gmail.com 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1007  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/8/2005 3:37:41 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Medicross Mini-Game Mediécross is a mini-game that was made for a one month contest held by the website www.TigSource.com. The topic of this contest was to create a game inspired by a so-called “fake game cartridge” of the Japanese Famicase collection. Our game... 
Posted August 15, 2010 5:31:44 PM
Flyin' Island Recently, I became sort of addicted to the competitions organized on www.tigsource.com. Those are short contest (1 month), on various topics, aiming to create a game. Some games are made with GameMaker, some in Java, some in Flash/AS, so... 
Posted April 22, 2009 12:01:33 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
A choice of engine by its package size In my opinion, GameStart is one of these. The editor itself takes around 20Mb, but the the full standalone engine binary fits in 1,8Mb (in Windows format). The engine comes with most of the modern features you need (physics, audio, deferred s... 
Posted November 3, 2010 6:13:22 PM
Medicross Mini-Game Hey Guys! The engine that helped us to make this game is now in Public Beta. Feel free to download the Windows Binary and test it ! http://www.gamestart3d.com/ 
Posted September 28, 2010 10:42:05 AM
my 3d next-gen engine for Nintendo DS The result is sort of ugly, but the technique is very clever. Looks like the good old 2D "bump" of the Amiga Demoscene age :) 
Posted September 10, 2010 12:36:24 PM
Dynamic Tree Library Quote:Original post by klhurley Try OpenTree. full library and not afraid of open sourcing their project. What happens with the OpenTree project ? Any recent update, is anyone succesfully using it ?  
Posted August 30, 2010 2:41:58 AM
Medicross Mini-Game Hey guys. A quick post just to let you know that the source code of the game (all written in Squirrel , btw) is available here : http://gamestart3d.com/content/mediecross-tig-game-entry Enjoy :) 
Posted August 25, 2010 2:34:35 AM
Medicross Mini-Game Hey guys! Thx for the Nice comments. Indeed, the gameplay is not accurate partly because of this odd camera angle. Regarding the models, everything was done "by hand" with a mouse :) you will find a rather incomplete explanation of the modeling... 
Posted August 21, 2010 2:04:07 PM
Deferred Renderer - Early development Interesting ! I'm always curious to see how Deferred rendering is implemented and how a workflow can be delivered on top of it, toward artists. How do you plan to handle shaders ? Thru abstract definitions (more artist-friendly) or with ha... 
Posted August 2, 2010 4:40:11 PM
Pollo Engine Updates Interesting, but, the way it handles light seems a bit confusing. For example, the shadows of the column remain black, even when lit by a color spotlight. How is that possible in real life ? The overall lighting is completely grey, even those co... 
Posted August 24, 2009 6:20:46 AM
Flyin' Island Thanks !!! As a matter of fact, I'm not very proud at this, esp. regarding the "game" value. But I learned some nice stuff working on this, maths basic techniques to handle the enemies, bullets, navigation ... As you say, you can't basi... 
Posted August 18, 2009 10:06:04 AM
CUDA real time ray tracing tutorial Sounds goodn seen from the screenshots ! 'Tried one of the demo binay on my box, it claims about a "side by side configuration problem", sounds like it needs some microsoft redist :) I ended up testing it on a developper's PC, it... 
Posted August 18, 2009 9:58:09 AM
View All Replies Made By This User