Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know nicovize...  
Full Name  
Nickname nicovize 
State/Province, Country Ile-de-France   France
GD Gathering City paris, Ile-de-France, France
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.vizerie3d.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1023  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/15/2007 11:32:55 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
MLAA (MorphoLogical AntiAliasing) on the GPU using Direct3D9.0 Here's my try at adapting MLAA on the GPU MLAA (MorphoLogical AntiAliasing) is a recent technique developped by Intel, that apply antialiasing on a image by using a shape recognition strategy, after edge detection has been performed o... 
Posted October 24, 2010 2:54:09 PM
ice attack! (an iphone game) Ice attack! is a frenetic game which alternates between action and puzzle based levels. - Build strategies to defeat your enemies - Solve intricate puzzles - Dwelve into the 29 levels of the game - Fight ghosts, pumpkins, and other monsters, that... 
Posted January 29, 2010 3:39:16 AM
Normal Mapped Screen Space Diffuse Occlusion Hi, With everyone doing SSAO these days I decided to give it a try too. I developped an extension of the algorithm, that shows how to add high frequency details to the ambient occlusion term. The technique uses 3 color components to store the occl... 
Posted August 31, 2009 10:08:54 AM
Soft shadow volumes D3D demo Hello everybody, This is a project that was done after having read the paper "soft shadow volumes using penumbra wedges", and its optimized version "An optimized Soft Shadow Volume algorithm with realtime performance". It uses Direct3D as the rend... 
Posted November 15, 2007 11:50:36 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
MLAA (MorphoLogical AntiAliasing) on the GPU using Direct3D9.0 Thanks for the numbers !. Well the technique require a quite powerful GPU with good support for branching in the shaders. The demo just applies to a still image. It would be better to see it on an animated scene of course :) you can change th... 
Posted December 11, 2010 5:35:33 AM
MLAA (MorphoLogical AntiAliasing) on the GPU using Direct3D9.0 Thanks for the comments! Remdul : It may help to smoothen normal map aliasing, indeed. I did not test it on an animated scene, but I guess it would. Because the edge detection uses image color only, there are a lot of "false" edges detec... 
Posted October 28, 2010 7:34:49 AM
ice attack! (an iphone game) Promo codes ! With those you can get a free version of the game. (Each code can be only used once so don't wait!) HY6XP376AW7L APFNRPMPXP33 J9FLE6KX9M4P Go here to use these codes.  
Posted February 24, 2010 12:03:25 PM
Normal Mapped Screen Space Diffuse Occlusion Fiddler : I've got a hit of 25% compared to the version without normal maps. With diffuse bleeding it becomes much slower, however. In this case, 3 RGB buffers need to be blurred, which becomes overkill ... Tobberian : About the racoon look, maybe... 
Posted September 3, 2009 2:58:07 PM
Normal Mapped Screen Space Diffuse Occlusion hi Martin, Actually, each (random) ray can contribute to all 3 values (most of the time, there may be clamping). The base vectors are defined by (HLSL) : static float3 NMFrame[3] = { float3(-1.f / sqrt(6.f), 1.f / sqrt(2.f), 1.f / sqrt(3.... 
Posted September 2, 2009 2:49:26 PM
Normal Mapped Screen Space Diffuse Occlusion hi Schrompf, Glad you liked it :) The effect is done at full screen resolution. The normal map is applied at the end of the blur pass (taking in account sampling for each third of the hemisphere), so a version with initial sampling at half-resolu... 
Posted September 1, 2009 1:43:47 PM
Soft shadow volumes D3D demo thanks for the good reviews :) 51mon : - I think many of the artifacts are caused by precision problems. Moving from a fp24 gpu like the 9800 pro to fp32 gpu like the Geforce FX already reduced artifacts a lot. Those problems particularly arise... 
Posted November 15, 2007 3:08:46 PM
View All Replies Made By This User