Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know cannonicus...  
Full Name Emil Jonsson
Nickname cannonicus 
State/Province, Country Ostergotlands Lan   Sweden
GD Gathering City Linkoping, Ostergotlands Lan, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1024  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/9/2004 12:07:16 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Render to multiple textures Hello! Im new to opengl but not to 3d rendering concepts. Im using opengl 2.0 + GLSL to render some stuff. I want to render to one or more off screen surfaces, possibly of different pixel formats. Can i do this in standard ogl2.0 or do i h... 
Posted February 8, 2009 9:54:31 AM
Boolean operations for 2d areas Hello Im looking for good ways to perform boolean operations on 2d areas. Say i have 2 2d shapes, defined by their outlines (as a list of lines between vectors) and holes (defined in the same way). Both the outer outline and the holes out... 
Posted June 4, 2008 1:33:05 PM
Using a camera as a mouse (Image recognition) Hello Im trying to use a webcamera as a mouse-like device. My idea is to put the camera on a rigid structure that holds the camera at an even height and angle over the tables surface (or whatever i use it on). This way only 3... 
Posted February 1, 2008 10:26:37 AM
Evolving ANN controlled racing bots Hello This post turned out to be pretty long, so for the people who dont want to read it all the actual questions are at the bottom of the post. Im working on a small car racing game and im trying to implement bots using NNs trained using... 
Posted December 9, 2007 9:59:59 AM
C++ Bindings Hello Im not studying scheme in this workshop, but ill post my question here anyway since it is scheme related. If this is inappropriate please say so. How do i use a c++ function from a scheme application (developed in drscheme)? My goal is to... 
Posted November 29, 2006 5:41:28 AM
RTS AI Hello I want to learn how to program RTS game ai. Now, ive found lots of articles and such on the web about this topic, but the perfect thing for me would be a simple, opensource rts where i can try everything out in the fine spirit of trial... 
Posted October 28, 2006 8:54:46 AM
Textures turning white... Hello Im working om my first project using opengl. Basicly what im doing is im rendering 6 textured quads with different textures. I generate the textures using glGenTextures(6). When rendering, I set the textures using glBindTexture outside the g... 
Posted November 1, 2006 2:31:59 PM
DirectX in Scheme Hello Im working on a school project in the language scheme, and im thinking about doing some nice graphics application (a simple game). Are there any wrappers for the DirectX API or other ways of using hardware accelerated graphics efficient... 
Posted October 23, 2006 8:46:25 AM
Why Why is this so much faster than this, ever though the triangle count is roughly equal? Thanks //Emil 
Posted September 3, 2006 5:02:33 PM
Stencilbuffer in Pixelshader Hello Is it possible to use a texture of format D3DFMT_D24S8 in a pixelshader? If so how will I access the depth/stencil data in the texture? Something like this? //HLSL shader code sampler Tex; sampler DSTex; ... vector ds = t... 
Posted August 31, 2006 5:01:40 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Calculating the length of a bezier curve Double check your math a couple of times! A few hints: c_2 never appears in the dx_dt and dy_dt functions. Third term in the expressions for x and y. Next last term in your and expressions. Also what iMalc said, but thats probably just a... 
Posted October 27, 2010 2:21:46 AM
Recursion in C++ Recursion and tree structures go hand in hand. And tree structures (such as file systems, as in gretty's example) are very useful. [edit] Very deep recursion in c++ can be a problem though since it has limited stack size, especially if you're deve... 
Posted October 1, 2010 3:09:01 AM
Transform Vertex Coord: How? You cannot translate 3d vectors with matrices. You have to use 4d vectors with the 4:th component = 1 (homogeneous coordinates).  
Posted April 16, 2010 2:14:42 AM
[GL] Transparency Issue Because of filtering of your texture. Try disabling it with: glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST); glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST); //Emil 
Posted February 8, 2009 11:05:32 AM
Verlet Integration Problem Im unsure how this works. Ive never worked with quarternions. The way i understand quarternions they're like complex numbers only with 3 imaginary parts instead of one. In that case the notation should be: orientation *= orientation /... 
Posted December 9, 2008 2:22:49 PM
Verlet Integration Problem Yeah, no problem. You can use verlet for any function you know the second derivative to. Orientiaion(t) is no exception. 
Posted December 9, 2008 1:33:39 PM
Verlet Integration Problem Thats correct behaviour. Your just changeing the acceleration, but maintain the velocity, so when you start the simulation the second time the particle will still have whatever velocity it had when the simulation was paused. If you want the partic... 
Posted December 9, 2008 12:22:09 PM
Verlet Integration Problem No, just no. I cant reproduce your problem. Maybe ive missunderstood something. I tried putting the acceleration to +4, and the particle moved upwards as expected with what looked like 2 m/s initial velocity and some acceleration. The position never... 
Posted December 7, 2008 3:04:25 PM
Verlet Integration Problem No, i really cant see the particle moving downwards at all with acc = +10 and vel = 2. Are you sure youre using the same version of the program as i am? Quote: And for my code its: potensial energy = particle.getMass() * particle.getAccel().y... 
Posted December 7, 2008 1:40:18 PM
Verlet Integration Problem Quote: When i change acceleration does it need to do before simulation thing: prev_position = position - velocity*Integration timestep, or not? No, dont do that. You only need to do that before you start the simulation. When the simulatio... 
Posted December 6, 2008 3:25:57 PM
View All Replies Made By This User