Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know frca...  
Full Name  
Nickname frca 
State/Province, Country Moravska Nova Ves
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://frcadev.tym.cz/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1029  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/28/2005 1:41:49 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SDL - non game loop app Hi, I'm looking for an example of an SDL app that would not take up 100 % CPU and at the same time never use SDL_Delay. I think that it will be necessary to use SDL_ExposeEvent, but I need to know more (therefore, a working example would be the best... 
Posted May 23, 2010 5:45:30 AM
openal buffer data Hi, is it possible for a given buffer to get back the actual sound data as specified by the third parameter of the alBufferData function? Thanks. 
Posted May 22, 2010 5:15:09 AM
ODE - force in contact Hi, does anyone have an idea how to get force between two colliding objects in ODE? I'm seriously stuck with this problem ;) Thanks  
Posted June 1, 2008 7:20:51 AM
Account name change Hi, I would like to change my account name. This is written in registration page: Quote: If you wish to change your account name or other details that are not editable via your control panel, please contact a staff member. Who exactly should I... 
Posted June 7, 2008 9:59:49 AM
audiere fade in/out Hi! I'm using audiere for the sound output, but this problem applies to other sound libs as well I think. I play some looping sounds. When I stop them and then then start after a while from the position where it stopped, it makes some nasty clickin... 
Posted December 30, 2007 5:24:17 PM
OpenAL buffer length in seconds Hello! How do I get a length (in seconds) of a sound loaded in openal buffer? Thanks  
Posted December 26, 2007 11:07:51 AM
Audiere master volume Hello. Is it possible to set global volume somehow for a certain device in audiere? I didn't find anything in docs nor google. Yeah, it's possible to set the volume for every output stream, but it's quite inconvenient. (As you can see, I started us... 
Posted December 26, 2007 1:44:34 PM
Custom projection matrix How to make a frustum type projection matrix, but with the eye coordinate not in the (0, 0, 0)? I want to have a different values for x and y eye coords, z may stay 0. For example, I'd like to have a projection with eye coordinates (-0.5, 0.5, 0) to... 
Posted September 5, 2007 7:09:53 AM
OpenAL - Source doesn't start playing Hi, I've tested OpenAL a little, but in the beginning I found some strange behavior. When I start playing a looped sound like this: alSourcePlay(Source); It starts to play only very rarely. But when I tried this, it worked pretty we... 
Posted July 23, 2007 9:40:30 AM
SDL_mixer advanced sound playing Hi, I've started recently playing around with SDL_mixer. I'd like to know if it is possible to play chunk from certain position, not from the beginning. What I plan is to play some sound as an infinite loop, then get current position of the playing... 
Posted July 21, 2007 3:04:24 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Un-named iPhone Game Looks good. What programming language and physics library do you use for development? 
Posted October 8, 2010 6:45:48 PM
Voxel-based Terrain with deferred rendered Material-Layers It looks fantastic! 
Posted August 6, 2010 2:53:19 AM
Sam Center architect demo: 16 bit HDR lightmap Very nice. 
Posted July 14, 2010 5:43:58 PM
PC indie game: Fear of Floating It looks nice, but I don't like the blurry background. It's distracting as my eyes want to focus it and it is impossible. Check Abe's Exoddus, they done it right. The background is sharp, but less contrast. 
Posted March 30, 2010 8:24:46 AM
Download Opengl 2.0 You need to download GLEW library or similar, it adds functionality of newer versions of OpenGL. It's a wrapper around OpenGL extension mechanism. That means you can only use the functionality your graphics card/driver supports. 
Posted March 15, 2010 10:42:07 AM
R5: Trees It looks really nice, the effect of density is unbelievable. It even runs on Linux with Wine. 
Posted January 13, 2010 4:21:54 PM
Final version of Candy World are out Nice music. Kinda Irish I think.  
Posted January 2, 2009 6:02:05 AM
R5: Deferred Rendering approach Hi, I tried to run it on my NB Asus A6VM/GF 7300 Go/WinXP. It displays the first frame of particles only and then the system freezes (only hard reset is helping then). My drivers are quite old [OT]because there are no updates available... 
Posted December 3, 2008 5:34:21 PM
Duke Nukem Forever Sneek Peek See this The developers weren't too enthusiastic about shooting their game ;) [Edited by - typek on June 8, 2008 12:19:45 PM] 
Posted June 8, 2008 11:19:00 AM
Duke Nukem Forever Sneek Peek Quote:Original post by AndreTheGiant Dont get too excited because its not a whole lot, but Jace Hall gets into 3DRealms headquarters, talks to George and Scott, and plays around with DNF. For those of you that dont know, any DNF news is kind of a... 
Posted June 7, 2008 3:58:01 PM
View All Replies Made By This User