Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know wortel...  
Full Name  
Nickname wortel 
State/Province, Country Free State   South Africa
GD Gathering City Suidelyn, Free State, South Africa
Contact Info
Homepage URL n/a 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1049  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/10/2005 1:31:17 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Compiler/Linker problem (DevC++/mingw) Hi, Basically, I'm writing a 2D networked arcade type game, with players shooting each other soldat - style, using Allegro and Enet, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting my program to compile using Dev-C++/ Mingw. I really think I've tried... 
Posted December 2, 2005 9:41:37 AM
Enet/dev-c++ Hi, I'm having some problems getting ENet to work with Dev-c++/mingw. Whenever i try to compile my project I get strange errors in the ENet files themselves (in the vein of "trying to convert *int to *u_int32", more or less, though other weird co... 
Posted November 25, 2005 2:48:34 AM
Server/Client architecture Hi, I'm planning to write a game over Dec/Jan break, basically a 2D action shoot-em-up in the vein of soldat/liero. I've done 2D action games before, but i want this one to be playable over a network. I have someone to help me with the phy... 
Posted November 15, 2005 8:09:14 PM
Cities lacking I just registered, but I couldn't enter my real city, because your database knows of about 2 cities in south africa. 
Posted November 12, 2005 7:22:53 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
networking engine question I'm also currently busy with my first networked game, got it to send packets back to 127.0.0.1. For help starting, look at the networking forum's FAQ, they've got some great links. I'm using the ENet library and i really like it. It's easy to use a... 
Posted December 10, 2005 2:26:20 PM
I want to know how much advantage about game development in java! I know Java and C++, and the difference isn't *that* big (compared to basic etc). I like C++ more because it feels like I have more control over the pc, and it's easier to hack code :)). Also just the number&variety of libraries available are rea... 
Posted December 5, 2005 4:12:31 PM
Picture war (56K Warning) Quote:Original post by ViLiO  
Posted December 5, 2005 3:50:10 PM
Dev C++ and DirectX 9 There is a devpak for directx 9, although i don't believe there's one for the october version. I have it on my pc, although i didn't use it (I chickened out and switched to allegro =]). Should be easy to use though, i haven't encountered... 
Posted December 5, 2005 2:16:32 PM
Enet/dev-c++ I didn't want to post a new thread for this, still getting enet to compile. In the meantime, how does the polling system work? i.e. what happens if a packet arrives in a time outside a enet_service_host timespan? do net events just queue up so th... 
Posted November 25, 2005 3:29:53 PM
How do I detect key presses Get a nice library, i recommend allegro, i think it's probably the most underrated game library out there,especially for beginners. It has nice examples & very good documentation. Good luck 
Posted November 23, 2005 3:49:26 PM
Newbie Problem Just for future reference, a more specific topic would be nice :) 
Posted November 12, 2005 6:55:15 AM
beginner, college.. I'm pretty much at the same point, except I pwn maths & CS :))). I'm first year B.Comm Maths with CS as my major, but I don't think i'll learn enough here about game programming (don't think we're doing any 3D), so if i want to get into game desig... 
Posted November 12, 2005 6:48:55 AM
Animating Sprites in Java Help Hey man, first of all don't be ashamed to ask stupid questions. All of us were noobs at one time or another and we're here to help. animation is not too tough, i had a counter to count the loops and id % it with the number of frames i were w... 
Posted November 11, 2005 2:37:31 PM
View All Replies Made By This User