Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ildave1...  
Full Name David McGraw
Nickname ildave1 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City Rohnert Park, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.david-mcgraw.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID aim marine 
Yahoo IM ID ildave1 
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1306  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/1/2004 9:54:08 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Braindump! Need help brainstorming tools... This semester I have a game project to complete, and I'm trying to come up with an idea for a tool that I can develop within these 15 weeks or so. Who knows, the tool could actually end up helping you some day. So if you need something, be sure to h... 
Posted September 3, 2008 1:39:58 PM
Setting up SDL for Visual C++ 2005 Gamedevers, Hey fellas, I am having a rough time making sure that im setting SDL up correctly for Visual C++ 2005 'Beta' edition. I copied the two *.lib files to my windows\system32 directory. I copied the two *.lib files to C:\Program Files\M... 
Posted July 12, 2005 3:30:31 AM
[unsolved] Setting up Allegro in Visual C++ 8 (2005 Express Edition) Here I am, attempting to get Allegro to work and while I figured I was -SO- close, I still managed to get an error. -- I went to allegro.cc and downloaded the binary pack for VC7.0 (close enough to my version) -- I copied the files within INCLUDE... 
Posted August 5, 2005 4:07:03 AM
Audio Talent Wanted Team name: No Team Name Project name: Scottish Insurrection Brief description: The project is being built to a demo stage, which from there we are going to determine if we wish to go through the entire project. The project is going to be... 
Posted February 27, 2007 8:51:43 PM
Breakout Returns I have been working on this project for the last month, off and on, between summer school and the small break before the fall semester starts. This is my first solo completed game project and I believe everything turned out rather well. T... 
Posted August 17, 2006 4:39:27 PM
Breakout Returns Released Description Breakout Returns has been a project of mine that I have been working on for the past month, off and on. This is my first completed solo game development project and I believe it went rather well. Here, I wanted to bri... 
Posted August 17, 2006 1:20:14 PM
Active Dave Project Cancer It was requested that I should move this link into the Lounge. Direct your attention to: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=382087 Thank you for your Time! -Dave 
Posted March 20, 2006 12:14:58 PM
Active Dave Project Cancer This is not Game Related, but it truely is a serious issue that deserves some attention. The reality is that some of us could be living with Cancer right now or we may be living a life toward a life of Cancer. I want to help as much as I can to t... 
Posted March 19, 2006 4:00:47 PM
PDAs Just a few questions about PDAs 1: What would be the best bang for your buck? 2: What brand has made their mark on the PDA world? - I am currently looking at the iPAQ 4700 LINK 3: What features are the best thing to be taking a lo... 
Posted October 2, 2005 2:07:35 PM
... Ugh... Another Year Noooooooooooooooooooooo! B-Day's suck! Time fly's fast I almost forgot where 22 went. ;| Anyhoo. Say Hi to the hermit that I am... Oh, and send all gifts media mail to..... erm.. nm ;p Linkyfied to Journal Land 
Posted August 26, 2005 10:48:30 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Starcraft 2 dev = 100 Mil. You should see how much we spend in the visual effects industry for a project that lasted a quarter of the development time Starcraft II did... 100M doesn't sound bad, but I'm willing to bet it's much more than what is led on to be. I know m... 
Posted July 19, 2010 4:43:06 PM
Stack Exchange - Game Development Q&A Site Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ I'll wait for GDNet v5, thanks. I never liked the Crap Overflow community all that much. Fair enough, move along. You do realize that a SO community would differ from a SO Game Development community? Anyway. A... 
Posted June 22, 2010 5:11:51 PM
Game Developers Conference 2010 Just registered for the Summit/Tutorial pass myself. iPhone/Indie summits. Very excited. Especially since I live in the area now and I don't have to deal with the horrid parking situation (hey, wifey, could you drop me off in the city? kthx) 
Posted February 4, 2010 2:33:09 AM
Moving back into C++ to use with Python I would just use Google on an as needed basis. I'm sure you're already aware of the concepts that are inherit to C++. If you've forgotten everything, then I would look at some places online for a quick refresher - www.cplusplus.com is a g... 
Posted July 13, 2009 3:55:14 PM
Problem creating a window with OpenCV You need to be showing an image in order to open up a window. OpenCV GUI doesn't work like your typical GUI. So what you need to do is to create an image, and while your stream is open to your camera, you capture an image, show the image. So..... 
Posted October 22, 2008 2:32:35 PM
DOW Keeps Falling Basically, this is a phenomenal buying opportunity if you're in for the long-term. I really wish I was employed and had an income because I'm not going to get a chance to take advantage of the discounted share prices. If you're not retiring anyti... 
Posted October 12, 2008 3:04:08 AM
[C++]NPC Movement in a Text Adventure God, my eyes hurt... Really... The days are over where we smash together single letter variables, sometimes triple, as names. When other people read your code, it makes it 5x harder for them to really recognize what values are what. And practi... 
Posted August 19, 2008 2:59:02 AM
Just "Knowing" how to do things? It's experience. Unless your some sort of prodigy, nobody just "knows" how things work without experimenting and reading information in books or on the internet. Taking it one step at a time and piecing together the puzzle at every st... 
Posted August 19, 2008 2:46:44 AM
The Lost City of Malathedra reaches beta stage! THE DAY HAS COME! My obligatory, congratulations to you. Keep it up! I can't believe it's nearly been 2 years... Woofa, time flys! 
Posted March 31, 2008 3:38:06 PM
Indiegame dev and piracy Most of the people I know, pirate just to 'try' the game. They never had the desire to actually purchase the game. I also find that they try it for one day, for a few hours, and never touch it again. For the games that they were really inte... 
Posted March 4, 2008 12:46:28 AM
View All Replies Made By This User