Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know coldacid...  
Full Name Christopher Charabaruk
Nickname coldacid 
State/Province, Country Ontario   Canada
GD Gathering City Pickering, Ontario, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://chris.charabaruk.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Founder, Lead Developer 
Job Description Programming, technical design, business and project management 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1407  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/4/2001 7:36:23 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
The Anatomy of a Design Document: Templates
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Anyone know a good, free MSI editor (not Orca)? Does anyone know any good (user-friendly) and free MSI authoring packages? I've seen Advanced Installer, but its free edition misses out on some features I'd like to use. izfree isn't that good, either. 
Posted November 15, 2005 3:33:04 PM
Gimme ur podcasts! So, which podcasts does everyone listen to? I'd like to know what podcasts might be of interest to add. Currently, I'm already listening to the following: Hanselminutes this WEEK in TECH Buzz Out Loud CBC Radio: Search Engine The Ongoing H... 
Posted January 2, 2009 5:30:38 PM
Stack Overflow (not the bug) Anyone else here using Stack Overflow, now that it's in public beta? I know there's some hate here at Spolsky and Atwood, but still... So who's using it and what's your profile link? (Here's mine.) What do you think about it? 
Posted September 19, 2008 5:31:50 AM
Solitaire sucks. This probably belongs in the Game Design forum, but since I'm so used to posting in here all the time (probably because the Lounge gets the best/funniest/most absurd comments) and because it's also promoting my blog (read mah bloggy!!! ). Anyway,... 
Posted September 3, 2008 10:05:18 AM
Free will or predestination? Science News / Do Subatomic Particles Have Free Will? It comes down to this, people: Either at some level, subatomic particles are nondeterministic and therefore we have free will, or they are deterministic and free will is nothing but an illusion... 
Posted August 16, 2008 11:19:57 PM
Second Life, the creation of a crazed stalker So has anyone else heard yet about the woman who tried to kidnap a guy she met on Second Life? WTF? Excuse me for laughing my ass off about the whole thing, but it's not the first time she's tried it. However, I do believe it's the first time... 
Posted August 23, 2008 5:52:03 PM
OpenGL 3 released, GameDev slashdotted So, OpenGL 3.0 has been released, and as part of Slashdot's coverage, we've been linked. Enjoy the resultant fail! 
Posted August 11, 2008 7:20:49 PM
OpenGL turned over to Khronos Group OpenGL turned over to Khronos GroupPosted by: Christopher Charabaruk at August 1, 2006 8:50:10 PMThe Khronos Group announced yesterday that the OpenGL ARB has voted to transfer control of the OpenGL standard over to the Khronos Group. In turn, the... 
Posted August 1, 2006 8:50:10 PM
Hey Aussies, you'll be getting Fallout 3 after all! Too bad it'll be censored, though. So you'll probably still torrent it anyway. I think all the game developers in Australia should move to the South and freak Atkinson into quitting, or something. Or start shaming him with PSAs in games that show... 
Posted August 5, 2008 12:36:29 PM
A textual starving cow simulator I wrote a crappy little program which gives you a bunch of plants, and a few ruminants to devour them. It's pretty dumb, and atrociously written, but I'd love to see what you guys could do with it, or suggest for me to fix or otherwise change. Hav... 
Posted July 31, 2008 1:20:56 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
XNA platformer help It's been updated for 4.0 as well. 
Posted October 10, 2010 9:57:52 PM
Total Beginner here. Have a few questions Quote:Original post by Zahlman Quote:Original post by Quasimojo The over-sensitivity to the general use of the term, "C/C++" here just cracks me up. Someone needs a latte...hmm...that does sound good about now... :P ... So I was working on... 
Posted October 4, 2010 6:40:23 PM
floorcaek, bears, and EAT ROPE Quote:Original post by Programmer One Pouya == nes8bit ಠ_ಠ 
Posted March 2, 2010 2:29:28 PM
How do I make a visual novel? Anything that helps you learn how to write better fiction is useful for improving one's skills for developing a visual novel, at least from the writing perspective. The important elements of a visual novel aren't really all that different from t... 
Posted March 2, 2010 2:03:39 PM
floorcaek, bears, and EAT ROPE Anyway, does anyone want some dating advice? 
Posted February 24, 2010 4:31:18 PM
Plot and Dialog Tracking Software For tracking the plot tree, SLang might be helpful. However, I can't even remember how long it's been since it's been updated or anything. I keep thinking about writing my own clone of it, but... 
Posted January 17, 2010 11:29:07 PM
AnkhSVN Has anyone tried out the 2.1 daily builds yet? Are they stable enough for regular use? 
Posted May 12, 2009 1:00:50 PM
(Canadian) Leaders' Debate Quote:Original post by Bregma Quote:Original post by Promit So which one of your candidates kills moose and field dresses them? Stephen Harper. Or at least that's the story that's been approved for public consumption. The not-so-public stor... 
Posted October 3, 2008 3:06:12 PM
The Daily GameDev.Net So CD checks are now considered DRM? I just considered them an annoyance. 
Posted October 2, 2008 5:05:12 PM
Stack Overflow (not the bug) WAT 
Posted September 19, 2008 1:49:42 PM
View All Replies Made By This User