Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know EnemyBoss...  GDNet+
Full Name Mujtaba Hasni
Nickname EnemyBoss 
State/Province, Country Ontario   Canada
GD Gathering City Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://enemyboss.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1082  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/13/2004 2:03:06 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/enemyboss/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Double spaced text in GDS showcase description This isn't a serious issue, and it probably only affect me. If you look at two of my GDS entries here and here in Firefox, you'll see that I use the <pre> tags to format my ASCII decorated descriptions. The system inserts <br> t... 
Posted June 9, 2005 6:28:26 PM
EnemyBoss presents: Pong, Breakout, Space Invaders, Asteroids and Tetris clones. Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm new to game programming, but I do have experience in in C/C++ and Java. In fact I've used OpenGL and SDL, but not to make a game. I probably know more about game SDKs and graphics programming than a newbie really sh... 
Posted June 3, 2005 2:02:16 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Blender buttons Yup, Just zoom into it like you would zoom in the 3D editor pane. For example, hold Ctrl, Alt and the left mouse button and move the mouse up and down. Try also using the scroll wheel if you have one. 
Posted July 21, 2005 9:38:56 PM
GD Showcase suggestion Or maybe even a "showcase(s) of the day" section, updated daily on the GDS page? But yes, I see how the system could encourage frivolous updates just to get on the top of the list. Sometime ago, I just corrected the genre of Enemy Aste... 
Posted June 21, 2005 3:00:22 PM
Best type of game to start with Pong. It will get you familiar with your chosen language and toolkit. It won't take too much time to make. 
Posted June 20, 2005 1:38:21 AM
Mixing Java 2D and OpenGL I haven't used it myself, but it appears JOGL lets you combine AWT/Swing with OpenGL rendering. For example, you can have an OpenGL viewport inside an AWT/Swing component. I don't think you can do this with LWJGL. I'm not 100% sure if any of this h... 
Posted June 17, 2005 7:43:25 PM
Breakout Collisions Here's a nice way of doing it: int left = brick->x; int top = brick->y; int right = left + BRICK_WIDTH; int bottom = top + BRICK_HEIGHT; /* * Which side of the brick we are bouncing off? First, we determine the * horiz.... 
Posted June 16, 2005 12:55:16 PM
My Tetris Clone Nice work! I can see you put a lot of work into it. Presentation is sharp; your photoshop skills are very good. Its one the nicest looking tetris clones I've seen on GDNet. I didn't put half the effort into my tetris clone, but our platfor... 
Posted June 16, 2005 12:56:54 AM
Online high scores Thanks. I just remembered, there is also SDL_net. Its an easy to use, cross platform socket wrapper library for making and managing TCP connections. It was designed for implementing most network related features used in games. I doesn't actually de... 
Posted June 9, 2005 4:44:38 PM
Completed Pong clone - please test I wouldn't worry too much about the bugs (there's quite a number) in this game. Is this your first game? Pong is the first step in game programming, but not one I would care to do perfectly. I think you now know enough about C programming and SD... 
Posted June 9, 2005 4:20:56 PM
Online high scores Do you really need one though? HTTP is a very simple protocol. Especially if you're just using GET to post your scores. You should be able to get by using Berkley sockets. Infact, if you are just using GET, and you're on the Windows platfo... 
Posted June 9, 2005 3:31:20 PM
Online high scores Yup, a number or a secure identifier scheme exclusive to the build release. Thats what I and I think markr mean by official binary builds. The client can still be open-source, but unofficial builds can't post high scores on the official server.... 
Posted June 8, 2005 8:36:59 AM
View All Replies Made By This User