Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Makaan...  
Full Name Raxvan 
Nickname Makaan 
State/Province, Country Cluj   Romania
GD Gathering City Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, Romania
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID raxvan_00@yahoo.com 
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 779  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/20/2008 7:57:24 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
parser generator only Hello, I'm interested in a parser generator for c++. It is very important for the generated code to do only the parsing because the scanning had to be done by hand. Is there a generator that be integrated with my code? Thanks, Raxvan. 
Posted September 1, 2010 9:05:18 AM
fractal coloring Hello, Today o made my first fractal by following the this tutorials. As far as i understood fractals work in the folowing way: take a complex number C; For each point in your final image , compute the complex point P and iterate in the folow... 
Posted August 18, 2010 8:18:50 AM
Another raytracer This is a simple raytracer i have made for my thesis. Features: -Reflections -Refractions -Shadows -Texture mapping -Depth of field -Fog -Support for distributed rendering -Interface for interactivity with the environment -Bounding interva... 
Posted July 2, 2010 2:39:30 PM
java, eclipse jar problem Hello , i'm kind of new to java. I use eclipse and i imported some jar files with some classes by going to properties -> Add External Jars; The problem is that when i try to use a class from the jar i get the following exception: Exception in... 
Posted May 25, 2010 4:02:50 PM
trivial garbage collection question Is gc more efficient than manual use of new/delete?  
Posted May 24, 2010 3:49:58 AM
randomized Trapezoidal decomposition Can anyone help me with a good article possibly with implementation(or detailes on it) on the subject? thanks. 
Posted May 15, 2010 3:33:11 PM
raytracing questions Hello, i have a couple of questions on raytracing: q1: How do i compute the final color using phong illumination plus reflections and possibly refractions. Is there another better way to compute final material color with light other than ph... 
Posted April 7, 2010 9:11:41 AM
fluid physics Hello, I'm interested in a good article or tutorial for accurate fluid physics. I would like it to have some implementation details. I am not interested in making a real time algorithm because want to create a raytracer to simulate fluids. Anyo... 
Posted March 28, 2010 4:21:25 AM
linux get Cpu Count? How do i get the physical Cpu count in linux? Thanks, Raxvan 
Posted March 30, 2010 11:49:54 AM
raytracer problem Hello, My raytraces uses for all the computations double variables. My triangle intersection code is the following: bool Triangle::Intersect(const Line& line,const double maxDist, IntersectionData& data) { Vector edge1 = _b - _a; ... 
Posted March 5, 2010 1:42:28 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
static const templates You need to specify to the compiler where the static variable is defined , so for a normal class you would write in the .cpp file var_type your_normal_class::your_static_var = some value; at this point the variable is referenced. Ok but you... 
Posted October 17, 2010 9:50:28 AM
What would you say would be the strengths and weaknesss of c++ IDE's? Quote:Original post by speciesUnknown But have you tried 2010? Intellisense rarely breaks in this version. No i haven't so i can't judge the new version. But taking into account the diffrences between 2003/2005/2008 i guess 2010 can't be really t... 
Posted September 22, 2010 1:16:47 PM
What would you say would be the strengths and weaknesss of c++ IDE's? Quote:Original post by jpetrie You're conflating many IDE issues with C++ issues, to be honest, such as: Quote: every time you make a modification you have to recompile again and again This is how the C++ compilation model works. You can, actua... 
Posted September 22, 2010 7:04:40 AM
What would you say would be the strengths and weaknesss of c++ IDE's? Quote:Original post by jbadams Quote:2:Bad code management. If you try to reuse some code from another project you have to warp your head around libraries, dll and endless linking problems.Not really any different from doing the same with any other... 
Posted September 21, 2010 2:28:54 PM
What would you say would be the strengths and weaknesss of c++ IDE's? Here is my opinion on what i used: Ulitame++ IDE: advantages: 1:Very good,rock solid intellisense that never failes. 2:Cross platform,very easy installation. 3:Very good code management (using packages) resulting in very fast compilation.... 
Posted September 21, 2010 9:40:26 AM
parser generator only wow , thanks i had no idea about this page.  
Posted September 1, 2010 9:13:00 AM
fractal coloring thanks, I figured it is something like you explained. I used a 256 color array obtained by interpolating 5 base colors equally distributed. I figured there is a bit of a problem with this technique because a color might be covering 20 % of the pal... 
Posted August 18, 2010 11:19:59 AM
Another raytracer Quote:Original post by szecs Aren't you planning to add smoothing to the meshes? i don't really know how to do that, besides my triangle intersection isn't working well, so any interpolation is out of the question. That's why i didn't used textur... 
Posted July 3, 2010 6:32:58 AM
Another raytracer Quote:Original post by Darg Looks great! Do you use any sort of acceleration structure for the scene? I'm working on a real-time hybrid rasterisation/raytracer for my dissertation and I need any tips I can get on the best acceleration meth... 
Posted July 3, 2010 5:15:14 AM
#include string not recognised sry , remove this. 
Posted June 8, 2010 4:08:15 AM
View All Replies Made By This User