Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ErUs...  
Full Name Tom 
Nickname ErUs 
State/Province, Country Greater London   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Catford, Greater London, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://crazyball.hlgaming.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1024  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/22/2005 6:29:57 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
color blending I am trying to write a function that blends two colors together. like this: Color BlendColor( Color base, Color blend, float factor ); the factor can be a float from 0 to 1. if its 0 then the returned color will be the same as base , if its 1... 
Posted December 21, 2006 1:02:00 PM
random number guessage problems here is the problem. I am making a (single digit) random number Guesser, it tries to guess the next number based on the preveous numbers and how many numbers have been entered since the start of the session. random numbers are entere... 
Posted August 12, 2006 12:15:30 PM
NLP questions and statements. def IsQuestion( message as string ) as bool: strlist = self.Tokenize(message) if( strlist.Length < 2 ): return false word = strlist.GetValue(0) as string word = word.ToLower() if( word == "whats" or word == "what's"... 
Posted July 10, 2006 9:08:00 AM
BOO porblems I am trying to draw faster with boo (GDI+) and i came across this self.Setstyle(OptimizedDoubleBuffer, true) self.Setstyle(UserPaint, true) self.Setstyle(AllPaintingInWmPaint, true) self.Updatestyles() ... 
Posted June 17, 2006 5:32:42 AM
how to ... C# maximize a window programaticly in C# ? 
Posted May 24, 2006 2:55:38 PM
masm midi playback i am trying to play a midi from a dll i am writing in masm. ; ллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллл .486 ; create 32 bit code .model flat, stdcall ; 32 bit memory mode... 
Posted April 8, 2006 11:07:17 AM
fixed point as a type im trying to implement a fixed point type like a float: typedef struct { long actual; long operator == (void) { return (actual>>1024); } } fint; have i got totaly the wrong idea? also im not too sure how todo the other operators... 
Posted March 7, 2006 8:19:50 PM
single + multiplayer game hello, I am about to start work on a single and multiplayer game and i would like some advice on how to work this out. I figured i would need a like 2 seperate base classes - client and server. So the client would start and if need... 
Posted February 16, 2006 9:05:58 AM
intellegent game playing bot how pheasable do you guys think it would be to create an ai bot that could not only learn from what people say but relate what they are saying to events happening around them. like a game bot that can control itself at a high level (attack/de... 
Posted January 26, 2006 7:30:31 AM
small math question how can i turn a/x into a power of x or a power of a? for example: 48 -- How can i turn this into a power of X or a power of 48? X 
Posted November 27, 2005 6:59:37 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
color blending cheers Kambiz :) finished function: Color BlendColor( Color base, Color blend, float factor ) { return Color( (base.r()*(1.0f-factor)) + (blend.r()*factor), (base.g()*(1.0f-factor)) + (blend.g()*factor), (base.b()*(1.0f-factor)) + (... 
Posted December 21, 2006 8:09:19 PM
random number guessage problems HERE is a version that works fairly well for me. After about 200 entries it gets %20 of my random numbers and it get 35-40% when spazzing out on the number keys. [edit] fixed a silly counting problem :) 
Posted August 12, 2006 2:32:31 PM
random number guessage problems ah thankyou, i think i get it :) 
Posted August 12, 2006 12:32:30 PM
Same post second time bcz of lack of help it appears that you only have to set the color-key (to pink) and it should not draw the pink pixels when you draw the image/sprite 
Posted August 12, 2006 12:18:03 PM
NLP questions and statements. thanks Kylotan, the language is 'Boo' i dont really wanna go down the 'propper' NLP route because i think its a bit over-kill for the simple question / statement info-bot i am trying to write. Some good tips here thanks :) 
Posted July 10, 2006 7:47:13 PM
NLP questions and statements. Made the two earlyer functions a bit better: def IsQuestion( message as string ) as bool: # Based on the idea that a question is "* wh* [is [the]] %s" strlist = self.Tokenize(message) i = 0 while( i < (strlist.Length -1) ): #-1... 
Posted July 10, 2006 2:17:19 PM
Embedding an intelligent assistant into real-time strategy. amazing work :) I hope you make this technology available to others. Once again great stuff. 
Posted July 8, 2006 2:25:23 PM
Neural nets playing tic tac toe First of all shame on you for making me download libpng13.dll and zlib1.dll secondly ... nice work 
Posted July 2, 2006 12:40:16 PM
BOO porblems turns out i had a couple of spaces instead of tabs :| 
Posted June 17, 2006 5:46:19 AM
how to ... C# nice one cheers. one more though - i cant identify the event for when someone closes the form. It isnt deactivate is it? i thought that makes it grey [EDIT] forget that - i thought this.Created was only set once. but it seems it... 
Posted May 24, 2006 3:10:32 PM
View All Replies Made By This User