Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know __Daedalus__...  
Full Name  
Nickname __Daedalus__ 
State/Province, Country City of Edinburgh   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1254  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/12/2002 8:36:54 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Creating A PAK File Format
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Mailinator [Free Anti-Spam Service] Just wondering how many of you use Mailinator? It is an free anti-spam e-Mail service. If you want to "Sign Up" for something (e.g. to download trial software) use a temporary Mailinator address from their site. The e-Mail account is created when a m... 
Posted January 21, 2005 2:53:05 PM
Content Filtering Software Can anyone recommend some resonably priced web content filtering software for me, please? I am looking for something suitable to a small - medium sized business. We have looked at Cyber Patrol but are not really impressed with it (it was way off a lo... 
Posted January 17, 2005 8:54:12 AM
Water Reflection Issue I am having problems with my planar reflection to a water plane in my scene. For the most part I think I have got this correct including the projection of the scene (render texture) to the water plane itself. I have read through this thread as a as w... 
Posted January 1, 2005 12:07:21 PM
Conversion of ASM grass vertex shader to HLSL I am in the process of converting the ATI grass shader which is in ASM to the HLSL. One part is stupming me from the ASM shader which is: frc r0.xy, r0 // take frac of all 4 components frc r1.xy, r0.zwzw // mov r0.zw, r1.xyxy... 
Posted December 23, 2004 8:29:40 AM
D3D Debug Output Message I have the DirectX applet in the control panel set for maximum debugging output and am using the DirectX debug libraries. I get this error message when I run my program: "Direct3D9: (ERROR) :Stage 1 - Texture coordinate index in the stage must be... 
Posted November 7, 2004 4:22:38 PM
Static Libraries and Templates I was reading in Ron Penton's book "Data Structures For Game Programmers" about how template classes need to be defined entirley in the one file (a .h file) due to the way they are compiled. This is opposed to how I normally write classes by put... 
Posted October 23, 2004 8:39:34 AM
Private Message Preview What do people think about having the ability to preview private messages before you send them? If you make a mistake when posting a thread message you can always go in and edit it after having posted it but with PM's you can not. You just look like... 
Posted September 12, 2004 4:03:38 PM
Doom 3 Server Just curious but is anyone here regularly running or interested in running a Doom 3 server for mutiplayer deathmatch I could connect to? I keep getting my arse handed to me by the folks on the net so I would rather get it handed to me by people... 
Posted September 3, 2004 12:34:40 PM
4 GMail Invites... I have four to spare. I was very pleased to get mine from here and would like to return the favour. First come first served etc [smile] 
Posted August 30, 2004 6:03:59 AM
Doom 3 leaked online BBC Link Well it didn't take long at all for the pirates to get their hands on this one. I really wonder who these people are that get access to it before it is even released! Disgraceful! 
Posted August 2, 2004 6:15:51 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
so............the mushroom kingdom James Brown sums this up: "Too funky, funky in here! Gimme some air! Open up a window, man!" 
Posted February 9, 2005 6:16:42 AM
Want to see my bird? ... the chicken... We have a cockatiel and it is the most miserable, mean, spiteful bird in the entire world. I want to wring it's neck but I don't think it has long to go so I'll let it live out the rest of it's gloomy existence [grin] 
Posted February 9, 2005 4:08:00 AM
free service that lets you host exe/zip? Doesn't your ISP give you some web space with you package you could use to host files? 
Posted February 8, 2005 6:09:19 AM
Anyone else anxiously awaiting April? Quote:Original post by Nietsnie Quote:Original post by _Daedalus_My birthday is on April 5th :D Wow me too :D BTW: Do you play Soldat _Daedalus_? Cool! [smile] Never played Soldat but just looked at the website. I may come back to that... 
Posted February 7, 2005 4:48:46 PM
Has anyone tried this: Heh, a while ago at work I put the power connector in to a hard-drive while the PC was on. There was a small bang and the whole thing went off. Fortunatley it was only the fuse in the plug. You live and learn! 
Posted February 7, 2005 4:29:04 PM
So know we know everything! (Simpsons) Quote:Original post by Coward Quote:Original post by Etnu I can't believe it took them 16 years to think up a name for that guy. As this picture clearly indicates he had a name all along: Where? I am blinded by that huge specular highlight &#... 
Posted February 7, 2005 4:08:36 PM
abstract classes Quote:Original post by DMINATOR 2 kSquared Tnx for example, but I am still confused. Has anyone been working with abstract classes in real projects ? What advantages it had , any examples ? I used an abstract base class in my event-driven Dir... 
Posted February 7, 2005 3:55:34 PM
Anyone else anxiously awaiting April? My birthday is on April 5th [grin] 
Posted February 7, 2005 8:45:13 AM
Single Line-of-Code Game while(1) { } 
Posted February 6, 2005 2:46:02 PM
I hate hangovers Just drink a huge glass of water after your session before you go to bed. Ever since I started doing that I have never had another hang-over. 
Posted February 6, 2005 2:39:07 PM
View All Replies Made By This User