Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know _damN_...  
Full Name  
Nickname _damN_ 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1006  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/6/2008 11:16:47 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Galactica Hi! This is just a small game i would like to show off called Galactica. A 2D horizontal scroller created using the Twilight Game Engine, a 2D Game engine ive been working on for quite some time now. Battle multiple different enemies and c... 
Posted January 5, 2011 8:55:38 AM
Detecting a Key Release?? Hi... Im trying to write a function that detects when a specific key is released after it has been pressed. I can detect when a key is pressed like: bool KeyPressed(UINT uiID) { if(m_uiKeys[uiID]) return true; return false; } I... 
Posted November 5, 2010 2:38:01 AM
Screenshots released of our new DX10 engine!!! Hello everyone! This would be our second post regarding our projects on this forumn. Previously we started our new facebook page for our projects and showed off our 2D game engine. Now Im happy to reveal some of our early screenshots of the... 
Posted April 15, 2010 1:31:34 PM
Slow DX10 shader loop? Hi, in my basic 3D engine ive added the ability to add multiple lights to the scene. My shader contains a loop that applies a new light based on its light ID. All lights are stored within an array. But doing it this way is EXTREMELY slowww! And... 
Posted April 8, 2010 3:56:56 PM
Multiple D3D10 Descriptors? Hi! I was just wondering. Is it a good practice to have multiple descriptors of the same type in a project. For example, Im trying to programme a very basic engine and i have D3D10_BLEND_DESC structure. But i find that there is no way to get aroun... 
Posted March 24, 2010 4:08:54 AM
Follow our projects on Facebook Hi all! This is just another shameless ploy to round up more support and fans for our facebook page! Carbon Software is busy with 2 projects at the moment, both are game engines. Twilight 2D Game Engine - This promises to be an extremely easy... 
Posted March 22, 2010 3:30:35 AM
Creating a new sampler state without a shader? Hi! Im trying to create a new sampler state using D3D10,so i can add texture filtering but i dont want to do it within a shader. I dont think its working because i cant seem to see a difference at all? This is what it looks like... Quote: ZeroMe... 
Posted March 19, 2010 9:50:39 AM
Game ENGINE vertex TYPES?? Hi! Ive been working on a 3D game engine using DirectX10 for the past couple of weeks and ive. Its going to be a pretty basic engine, but i want to develop it as far as it can go for the next year or 2. And i was wondering, when developing a... 
Posted March 15, 2010 1:48:50 PM
Book - Intro to 3D Game Programming with DX10 Hi! Ive purchased a book by frank D. Luna and im stuck on tutorial 6. Basically the book shows you how to create and render lights seperately in the scene, but for the life of me i cant get 2 lights to render at the same time. Here are the sh... 
Posted March 13, 2010 3:46:37 PM
Pong AI? Hi! Im currently writing a ping pong game and wanto add some AI for the CPU paddle? But i dont know the best way to do this. How can a add movement the the computer paddle to make it seem alsmost as if a human is controlling it. Any ideas would help... 
Posted February 16, 2010 3:45:44 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Detecting a Key Release?? What do you mean? 
Posted November 5, 2010 3:25:27 AM
Skydome depth and Daytime Shader Question You should post some of your code so we can see exactly the way you made your skydome. 
Posted April 17, 2010 9:47:42 AM
Screenshots released of our new DX10 engine!!! Thank you... What that cube is doing is blending the alpha channel of the texture. I do realize that its a bit hard to see the effect in full though because its only a screenshot.:-) 
Posted April 16, 2010 9:15:59 AM
Screenshots released of our new DX10 engine!!! At the moment no... This is going to be exclusively DX. However in the future this could be different. 
Posted April 16, 2010 2:43:00 AM
Slow DX10 shader loop? Quote: I don't know what's in lighthelper.fx, but it looks at first glance like you're mixing Goraud shading with Phong. Is the result ok? Well the shader is based on Frank D Lunas book and from what i can tell it only uses phong shad... 
Posted April 9, 2010 10:45:35 AM
Slow DX10 shader loop? I am definately working on a slow machine. The thing is i am working on a laptop, that isnt specifically for gaming. I cant get to my proper PC at the moment because i am away. Im expecting it to be slow and i have considered that this is t... 
Posted April 9, 2010 10:40:19 AM
Slow DX10 shader loop? Do you have any tips or ideas how i might stop my loops from unrolling? - Ive tried taking out the loops and filling in the array with literal values and it makes a huge different speed wise. But that wont do because i think i need it to be dynami... 
Posted April 9, 2010 9:55:06 AM
Slow DX10 shader loop? Well, I added the [loop] attribute in front of the 3 light loops and it speeds up the application by about 3 frames per second. At the moment i only get +- 35 FPS. If i use no lights in my scene i get about 200 FPS. -Does the compiler automa... 
Posted April 9, 2010 7:14:38 AM
Multiple D3D10 Descriptors? Thanks that helps alot. But i was wondering, Since im programming an engine, i would need some way of handling all the states. Would it be a bad idea(Or slow) to store them all in an array? And then the user could activate them using the syntax: ... 
Posted March 25, 2010 1:37:40 PM
Follow our projects on Facebook Wow! Thanks! I couldnt have asked for me. I shall return the favor by adding a link to both the facebook page and to the website! Thank you! 
Posted March 23, 2010 3:45:37 AM
View All Replies Made By This User