Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know errcw...  
Full Name Eric 
Nickname errcw 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City Sunnyvale, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://ericw.ca 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1045  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/20/2007 9:33:30 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Fishing Girl Fishing Girl is an arcade fishing game for the Xbox 360. At its heart there is a simple, fun fishing mechanic. And built around it is lots of structure like equipment upgrades and badges to keep the game fresh and interesting. There's also a cute sto... 
Posted September 20, 2009 2:17:47 PM
Batching in a 2D renderer I have been struggling for the past several days to come to grips with batching in my 2D renderer. I am uncertain how to best handle two scenarios, both of which I have outlined below. First, some background: My renderer sorts geometry into batche... 
Posted August 19, 2007 9:21:05 PM
Copy polygon region from one image to another (C#) I would like to copy a polygon region out of a source image, scale it up by a factor of two, then draw that scaled polygon to a destination image. Some context: this function is designed to copy a region of a user-created drawing to a print templa... 
Posted June 21, 2007 11:08:42 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Crashing The Video Card Your hardware is fine. A TDR means something caused the hardware to stop responding past some timeout point. Except for exposing a hardware bug (exceedingly rare), you're really only going to encounter this problem when you have a shader or comp... 
Posted January 11, 2010 12:44:34 AM
Fishing Girl Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like the Fishing Girl. If you're interested in learning more I did an interview recently where I talk more about the game and my development process. hymerman, yes, there is another version of the Fishing Girl premise... 
Posted September 21, 2009 11:02:26 PM
BH Game Store/Showcase! New Games Up! Come Check Them out! A few thoughts: - Sponsor is misspelled "sponser" consistently throughout the site. - Sign up is incorrectly joined as "Signup". - And various other grammatical and spelling errors. - On Chrome (and other WebKit browsers?) the last line of... 
Posted September 10, 2009 9:26:40 PM
freeware sprites Danc, from Lost Garden, has a variety of excellent free sprite sets: Danc's Miraculously Flexible Game Prototyping Tiles Free game graphics: Tyrian ships and tiles More free game graphics Also take a look at his prototyping challenges for... 
Posted May 2, 2009 11:06:06 PM
can I overload return types? As noted above, overloading the return type of a function is generally not allowed in most scenarios in programming languages. I just wanted to point out that, in object-oriented programming, some languages support covariant return types. Useful, but... 
Posted December 8, 2008 1:59:13 AM
[Postponed] XNA Workshop - Introduction One notable omission I see from the workshop timeline is a discussion of the content pipeline. Unless, that is, you planned to file it under Week 10. I'd like to see the content pipeline in the schedule because handling and processing a variety of... 
Posted December 2, 2008 3:28:53 AM
Why is javascript so slow in IE? First, it needs to be said that the IE javascript engine is an awful relic. The WebKit (SquirrelFish), Gecko (SpiderMonkey) and Chrome (V8) javascript engines are vastly more performant. So no matter what you do your performance in IE will be... 
Posted November 24, 2008 7:43:54 PM
Scheme Help So, uh, I'm pretty sure the policy here is no homework solutions. I'll solve the problem in Haskell, then, and leave the extrapolation to Scheme up to you. (Heh, which conveniently solves the problem of not being familiar enough with Scheme to help y... 
Posted September 21, 2008 3:04:33 AM
C# in industry I've worked on a few commercial games in C#. I did a (brief, thankfully) contract stint working on the Fisher Price Digital Arts and Crafts Studio and the client was written in C# with Managed Direct X. I used C# on the .NET Compact Fr... 
Posted September 20, 2008 6:17:26 PM
Force us n00bs to think in algorithms (and better code) Continuing with the theme of manipulating numbers: write a function that counts from 1 to MAX but only prints numbers whose digits do not repeat. For example, part of the output would contain 8, 9, 10, 12 (11 is invalid) then later 98, 102, 103... 
Posted July 6, 2008 1:57:18 AM
View All Replies Made By This User