Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know cyph...  
Full Name  
Nickname cyph 
State/Province, Country Tyne and Wear   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Newcastle upon tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/13/2005 3:18:21 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Component Velocities [solved] Hi, im busy making a micro-machine style game and am a little confused on getting the velocity in both Y and X directions when the car is travelling at an angle... The car is made up of a series of Seven Sprites, pointing at certain angl... 
Posted July 25, 2005 6:50:57 AM
Redistribution of Game Problems.... Hi, ive just finished a 2d program in DirectX, and find that it wont work on some computers... Reading other posts suggests that they dont have the correct Direct X files installed, however after downloading the latest DirectX and even running... 
Posted June 4, 2005 3:37:51 PM
Feedback Request: Lennie the Lemon!! Hey, I've been working on this as my first full 2d game, its all basically there, and i'm still making better graphics etc. for it. Please take a look and give me some feedback!! Thanks!! DOWNLOAD LINK First things first, screenies... ... 
Posted June 3, 2005 2:21:41 PM
Best way of Storing Terrain Data Ok so im in the process of creating a 2d platform style game, and in my previous one i simply used an image as platforms and detected if my ball had hit the top, bottom or side edge of one and performed the correct action... So my q... 
Posted May 11, 2005 4:22:57 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Object destructor As far as I know destroy_bitmap() will call free() on the bitmap object, unless it is sent a null pointer.. In your code you are making "current" point to one of your bitmaps. Then, in your destructor you freeing the object pointed to... 
Posted October 21, 2007 4:52:27 PM
Component Velocities [solved] Well i got it working, had to include an extra if statement because when I was adding the accelleration to the negative movement it was cancelling out the movement instead of adding to it... // move forward if(pTheInputEngine->KeyPressed(S... 
Posted July 25, 2005 8:43:30 AM
Untitled Ok i *think* he's saying this (ive been to the pub so bear with me ;)) At the beginning all of the mines are invisible (obviously) When the use clicks a mine, if there isnt a mine there then he wants to show which adjacent spaces have no mines... 
Posted June 17, 2005 6:30:34 PM
Video Game Developers List Gamasutra Clicky! Has a list of loads of different developers, you will have to sign up to see it but it only takes a minute... You can find it here... http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/contractor_display.php?category=1 Or Click -> ... 
Posted June 13, 2005 7:22:17 AM
building a good programming environment Afaik windows has now officially stopped supporting Windows 98, at least their technical support has definately.... I used to run a Win 2000 box and found it was faster than 98 also :) Then again it also depends how tidy you keep your system,... 
Posted June 13, 2005 6:25:56 AM
She's only 15, should I ask her out? No... 
Posted June 7, 2005 7:12:59 PM
Redistribution of Game Problems.... Yeah its a release build..... i'll put a load of debug logs in tonight I just thought someone might have a quick answer ;) 
Posted June 4, 2005 3:55:48 PM
Feedback Request: Lennie the Lemon!! Thanks for the replys!!! i'll check the alt - tab thingy out... I think i'll add some powerups and then maybe it would be more fun if it had a 2 player competing against each other option?? Thanks again!! 
Posted June 3, 2005 2:52:03 PM
me need game back stages for like scrolling beamt em up Theres a sticky at the top of this forum for sprites and backgrounds etc... Click Me There you go! 
Posted June 2, 2005 12:58:34 PM
Try my webbcambattletank with paintball, laserdom and red dot aim over the web....... Thats an amazing project, the possibilities for that are unlimited!! Contratz to you and I hope it develops into something amazing in size :) 
Posted June 1, 2005 5:49:05 PM
View All Replies Made By This User