Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know b1gjo3...  
Full Name  
Nickname b1gjo3 
State/Province, Country WV   United States
GD Gathering City Huntington, WV, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1043  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/6/2008 7:29:04 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
everything stopped working? I have been working on a project in Visual Studio 2005 for the past few days. Everything was going great... i finished an initial release and made a backup of it. I continued to refine/optimize the code and the compiler does not complain of a... 
Posted December 4, 2009 9:26:43 PM
Code Injection... 32-bit and 64-bit Hello Earlier this summer i learned that in using windows hooks you cannot inject 32-bit dll into a 64-bit process, and vice versa. I have been searching for sources explaining why this is not possible. Most sources i come across simply state that... 
Posted November 5, 2009 9:31:13 PM
MSVC Weird Problem After working on my project, making a few changes here and there, i re-compiled with 0 errors/warnings and now my application crashes when not run through msvc. (i.e. go through windows explorer double click .exe, crash) this is the case for bot... 
Posted July 10, 2009 6:01:31 PM
Global KeyboardHook Problem Hi all, i have a global keyboardhook library being opened by my main program through my dll file. im using it so that whenever a user would hit a key combination they specify in the app, it would take a certain action that they specify. it works perf... 
Posted July 5, 2009 10:24:30 PM
CreateThread Question If my thread function runs on an infinite loop, if i use CloseHandle on that thread, will it terminate the loop? thanks 
Posted July 8, 2009 12:55:53 PM
Take Screenshots Easy Hi everyone, i just finished a very small project in c++ to take screenshots of the entire screen with one simple function. It uses GDI+ lib heres a link to download, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2ZOYGT4B heres some sample code #include... 
Posted July 2, 2009 3:40:18 PM
Static Library Question Hi everyone, if i make a static library that has in the code #pragma comment(lib, "gdiplus") will the library i create have the gdiplus library built in, so that in another project if i wanted to use gdiplus i could just use my custom made lib.... 
Posted July 1, 2009 3:24:12 PM
Help, Query Information from Amazon I have looked online to try and figure out how to query some information from amazon.com. I found simpledb, but im not sure if this is just a service that allows you to host a db with amazon, or if it will actually let you query some useful info... 
Posted April 25, 2009 5:34:00 PM
Implementing Login Help Im using JSP's and servlets with a mysql database to implement user login, i know how i can let a user identify oneself by just checking to see if the hashed password is the same as database along with their email. But after they login, how do t... 
Posted April 18, 2009 4:43:04 PM
Database Design Question Hey guys its been a while since ive posted on gamedev. After taking my database class i found my self working on a project where a user could keep track of their games using mysql database. i just have a question how the schema should be... 
Posted April 16, 2009 10:40:47 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
everything stopped working? i did do a clean build, and after a while i realized i was debugging in release mode. Even after i went back to debug mode though it still did it. Idk what i did though but after a while it started working again... thanks for the input everyone 
Posted December 5, 2009 12:39:59 AM
Code Injection... 32-bit and 64-bit Just realized my pseudocode was not possible. I believe the solution to the problem requires 3 executables, and 2 dlls. 1 32-bit/64-bit exe to delegate whether the process is 32-bit or 64-bit and depending on which it will load and unload 1 o... 
Posted November 8, 2009 11:14:30 PM
Code Injection... 32-bit and 64-bit Quote:Original post by Rycross Quote:Original post by b1gjo3 Would there be much overhead if i used IsWow64 to determine whether the process is 32-bit/64-bit... and depending on which one it is unload the incorrect dll ver and load the co... 
Posted November 7, 2009 9:04:42 AM
Code Injection... 32-bit and 64-bit Would there be much overhead if i used IsWow64 to determine whether the process is 32-bit/64-bit... and depending on which one it is unload the incorrect dll ver and load the correct one. Here is some pseudocode... 32bitdll 64... 
Posted November 6, 2009 9:23:28 PM
Code Injection... 32-bit and 64-bit Thanks guys 
Posted November 6, 2009 9:04:41 PM
MSVC Weird Problem I fixed the problem, i didnt have any project settings changed either but i did you what you all suggested. I ran the program outside the environment and it crashed, after stupid vista runs through its "checking for solution" i can hit debug and it t... 
Posted July 10, 2009 7:32:44 PM
Global KeyboardHook Problem Just for future reference, i learned that since i was using a 32-bit dll, i was going to encounter issues on a 64-bit machine, which is probably why explorer crashes. So i went to test it on my 32-bit xp machine and it works perfect Now... 
Posted July 10, 2009 9:34:02 AM
Global KeyboardHook Problem Quote:Original post by Adam_42 You might want to try RegisterHotKey() for a simpler way to implement a global keyboard shortcut. wow i didnt even realize there was a function like that, thanks this helps a bunch 
Posted July 6, 2009 2:03:25 PM
Global KeyboardHook Problem Anybody see why windows explorer would freeze? 
Posted July 6, 2009 1:09:20 PM
Global KeyboardHook Problem all my main program does is SetKeyboardHook, then goes into an infinite looping checking for GetHookState(), and loops out when GetHookState() == -1, then UnsetsKeyboardHook, terminates program #include <windows.h> #pragma data_seg("Sha... 
Posted July 5, 2009 11:39:25 PM
View All Replies Made By This User