Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know FenrirWolf...  
Full Name David Grace
Nickname FenrirWolf 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.gapingwolf.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer, Artist, Etc. 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1125  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/7/2002 4:37:57 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Cloudburst released For those who like Adagio, I am pleased to announce that I have released a mini-game based on the Adagio universe. It is called Cloudburst and it has very similiar gameplay mechanics, but with vastly increased resolution and graphics detail. :)... 
Posted March 18, 2005 1:07:16 AM
Blue Meanies -- for the Mac! Just ported Blue Meanies over to the Macintosh and OSX. Works pretty good, too! Though those with Powerbooks need not apply! (The game uses the keypad, and so is very difficult to play on systems without one. Yes, I should make a key re... 
Posted February 3, 2005 3:08:07 AM
Adagio: v2.00 demo release Well, unfortunately, due to a lot of changes in my recently life I haven't been able to complete Adagio as I had intended. I'm putting the finishing touches on version 2.00, and now I ready to release a new demo. I hadn't planned on rel... 
Posted January 8, 2005 5:14:02 PM
Interfacing with USB devices Hmm, not sure what's a good place for this, so I am dumping it here... I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with interfacing with HID devices via USB. I've got a dance pad I would like to hook up to my game, and it's USB. I have no clue... 
Posted November 24, 2004 8:57:08 PM
Blue Meanies remake -- need help! So, just as a little aside project, I decided to dust off a game I worked on for a day or so about a year ago. It's a remake of an old Commodore VIC-20 game called Blue Meanies From Outerspace. I spiced up the graphics a bit and then got it... 
Posted November 13, 2004 2:26:04 AM
Copy texture from format changes? Hi, just a quick question. I've got a bitmap that is stored in a certain D3DFMT_xxx format. I'd like to upload this to the card as a texture, but I don't want to have to do the conversion by hand and try to support all 20-odd formats that DX suppor... 
Posted August 14, 2004 4:39:56 AM
Thoughts of a debugger "Damage before normal block 0x09B28028 (#1444)" Argh! Have you ever had a memory corruption bug that only, rarely, and I mean RARELY shows its nasty head? This little tidbit has been annoying me for several days. The game plays fine. Ev... 
Posted July 24, 2004 6:39:33 AM
Adagio v2.0: Full version coming along nicely. :) Adagio v2.0 Progress Update Adagio Game Website Here's an update on Adagio, the 2D scrolling shooter game that I have been working on. What's changed? Recently, I yanked out all of the SDL code and replaced it with Allegro. While... 
Posted July 21, 2004 2:21:07 PM
Boredom + Cool toys = Stupid movie ROBOT MONSTER THE MOVIE: THE TRAILER Y'see, this is what happens when computer technology becomes so cheap that even no-talent hacks like me can make movies. :) PS: Feel free to mirror and share amongst friends. My lil DSL is dying a horrible... 
Posted July 8, 2004 9:21:19 PM
Adagio Demo v1.00 Whee! Finally, a new version of Adagio. I’m still hard at work on the full version. It’s coming along nicely and so far there hasn’t been many snags. The new demo can be found on the download page of the GWS website, or if y... 
Posted May 5, 2004 2:36:21 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
My first actual game I concur with above. People aren't going to be playing your code, they'll be playing your game. If the internals are ugly, who cares? As long as the final product works and is fun. As you become more experienced and work on future projec... 
Posted September 7, 2009 4:07:49 AM
Game Scripting Quote:Original post by Matt_D while nifty, i cant really recommend this approach, as debugging two layers at once (ie your VM, and your script code) can be a royal PITA. and using a large switch statement will more than likely introduce a cache... 
Posted August 17, 2009 6:29:57 AM
Cloudburst released Dang, sorry that it's giving so many problems. Can you run the game with the -log option and then send me the resulting console.log out to fenrirwolf@gapingwolf.com? 
Posted March 19, 2005 2:38:51 AM
Cloudburst released Anony, sounds like you're using the D3D renderer? I recommend not doing that, as it's currently really broken. 
Posted March 18, 2005 6:37:55 PM
Cloudburst released Anony: Thanks for pointing that out! I threw in some support for alternate firing keys and forgot to check to see if the firing routine was already engaged. Fixed, I've got a v1.02 to v1.03 patch on the website now. Because, you know, real... 
Posted March 18, 2005 5:12:14 PM
LPGL Legal Issues - Utterly Confused (SDL & OpenAL) I admit I am a bit confused by section 6 (your code is isolated from the LGPL license) and section 5 (your code is now under the LGPL license), too. There was some rumblings about how that various interpretations of section 5 and 6 of the LGPL cou... 
Posted February 15, 2005 5:50:45 PM
Allegro driving me mad Ooops, my bad. :) Nevermind then! 
Posted February 11, 2005 6:05:42 AM
Allegro driving me mad Hombre, a little more information would be nice. What's the problem? What errors are you getting? I love Allegro to death, but I admit it's not the easiest game library to install. This is because they encourage you to make your own compiled DL... 
Posted February 11, 2005 4:47:31 AM
Adagio: v2.00 demo release Ack! There is unfortunately a problem with the demo -- if you play the two levels sequentially, the game dies when it tries to load up level 3. (You'll get an error about unable to find level file in a dialog box.) Oversight on my part; In... 
Posted January 25, 2005 5:28:35 PM
Adagio: v2.00 demo release Luke: Thankies! :) Roots: A Linux version *is* planned, since I'm using multi-platform tools to make the game. There's a Mac OSX version planned too, now that my roomie has one and has promised me some time alone with it. 
Posted January 11, 2005 3:00:17 AM
View All Replies Made By This User