Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ManaStone...  
Full Name  
Nickname ManaStone 
State/Province, Country IL   United States
GD Gathering City Springfield, IL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1024  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/13/2000 1:59:06 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Getting lines in JTextArea Is there anyway I can figure out the number of lines of text on a JTextArea if the lines there are because I set the line wrap property to true? The getLineCount() function only seems to get the number of lines that are due to a "\n" charac... 
Posted December 22, 2010 1:23:35 PM
Anyone play Magic: The Gathering when it first started? I'm just curious how much the power 9 cards such as Black Lotus and the Moxes were worth on the market when mtg first came out. How long did it take for the prices to sky rocket? 
Posted December 16, 2010 9:23:45 AM
How do I set margins with a border? I am trying to use the setMargins function on an JTextArea object, but it doesn't work when I give it borders. Is there a way to correct for this without having to do something like rewrite the functionality? 
Posted December 14, 2010 11:05:57 PM
The Young Turks on Obama's weakness The Young Turks had a very good show today. Cenk Uygur went off on how the Obama administration constantly cowers to Fox News. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with Obama? What does he expect to gain by appeasing right wing trolls? They are ju... 
Posted July 22, 2010 12:14:23 AM
How do I make JFrame respond to a resize? The WindowStateListener and PropertyChangeListener Listeners don't seem to be responding when I resize a JFrame dialog box. What do I need to do? 
Posted July 7, 2010 2:57:22 PM
Was there a practical reason Java wasn't designed this way? Let's say instead of just providing a virtual machine, Java also gave us the option of making an installer that would run on a virtual machine and install the program on the computer in its native environment to make it faster. Are there an... 
Posted July 5, 2010 1:00:51 PM
Best Buy Computer Optimization Service I just got a laptop from Best Buy and I think I was duped into buying their “Optimization Service.” I left the laptop over there and it will be ready to pick up tomorrow. When I got home I looked it up in on google and it appears to be a scam a... 
Posted July 2, 2010 5:50:22 PM
How screwed am I? Ok, so I graduated from college with a B.S. in computer science almost four years ago. Since then I have been unemployed and have been basically leeching off of my dad. My chief goal had been to do my own projects and maybe eventually sell shareware... 
Posted April 9, 2010 11:28:42 PM
Would you support this platform? First of all, describe your political ideology. Second, would you support the following platform? 1) There should be a central government website in which a user can find a list of all candidates on a ballot for any particular office. This... 
Posted March 28, 2010 8:51:42 PM
What do you consider freedom of speech? In your opinion, what is freedom of speech? I'm not asking you to recite what SCOTUS or the founding fathers thought about it. I want your opinion. What is your criteria for determining what counts as freedom of speech? Also, what is the farthest... 
Posted March 24, 2010 5:07:44 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Getting lines in JTextArea Thanks again Angex. 
Posted December 22, 2010 4:41:13 PM
How do I set margins with a border? Thanks. 
Posted December 15, 2010 3:53:38 PM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks Quote:Original post by Sirisian IANAP, but I'm pretty sure accidentally detonating a nuke is nearly impossible. It's not a hand grenade where a pin is your only safety net. Nukes are rather elaborate and require precise explosions. Not to menti... 
Posted December 6, 2010 5:40:21 PM
I don't believe that this is the smartest man in the world... I thought this was going to be a post about Lawrence O'Donnell's interview with Alvin Greene. 
Posted October 14, 2010 11:15:17 PM
Is anybody here a Christian? Quote:Original post by Hodgman It could also be that -- and I'm just speculating here -- Religous christians may tend to be more right-wing (reaganite/thatcherite) where they belive that societial-welfare is the job of the individual/family, not... 
Posted September 17, 2010 12:14:58 PM
Is anybody here a Christian? I went to Catholic school until I was in the 4th grade and living with my dad. After that, I went to a Presbyterian church, but never really paid attention. Now, I consider myself an agnostic atheist - I don't know 100% that a god doesn't exist, but... 
Posted September 16, 2010 4:04:22 AM
New Futurama episodes Not as good as the earlier ones, but I still watch them. One thing that annoyed me was how Farnsworth was against "robosexuals" when a couple episodes earlier he created Robot versions of Fry and Leela for each other. 
Posted August 6, 2010 8:50:29 PM
Was there a practical reason Java wasn't designed this way? Maybe I misunderstand how the Java Virtual Machine works. How I understand it is that it loads its byte code and translates each instruction into an instruction that the machine can understand. I thought it was that translation that causes Java to b... 
Posted July 5, 2010 1:27:42 PM
Best Buy Computer Optimization Service Quote:Original post by HelplessFool Quote:Original post by ManaStone Quote:Original post by HelplessFool Quote:Original post by ManaStone Ok, so on disk management I found a hidden partition called Recovery Partition. I am using Windows 7. D... 
Posted July 3, 2010 11:49:23 AM
Best Buy Computer Optimization Service Quote:Original post by HelplessFool Quote:Original post by ManaStone Ok, so on disk management I found a hidden partition called Recovery Partition. I am using Windows 7. Does anyone know how I can access it or make a back up disk of it? Wh... 
Posted July 3, 2010 5:50:58 AM
View All Replies Made By This User