Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know PaladinOfKaos...  
Full Name  
Nickname PaladinOfKaos 
State/Province, Country OR   United States
GD Gathering City Beaverton, OR, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1023  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/1/2007 5:14:03 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Deferred Renderer - Early development This is a screenshot from a deferred renderer I'm writing. The scene has a total of approximately 30K triangles, with 29 lights - 28 small lights and one large fill light above the camera. With only 8 rows of monkeys/arches/lights, I... 
Posted August 2, 2010 1:47:46 PM
VBO Strategies I've never really bothered to learn VBOs (client-side vertex arrays have been fine for my purposes). But vertex arrays are deprecated in GL3, so it's time to learn VBOs. The general concept is fine, but I'm not really sure the best way to actually... 
Posted December 5, 2008 12:41:55 PM
glGetString returns 0 I've created my context using SDL, and I can use all the OpenGL 1.1 calls that are native in Windows. But for some reason, glGetString() returns 0. I've tried all the values that are valid for that function, and none of them return a valid string. If... 
Posted January 1, 2007 5:26:36 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What build tools do you/your company use? I use Mercurial for source control, although it's in a mostly centralized way - mostly the ability to commit locally then merge & push is why we use it, rather than being able to pull from anyone. Build is CMake, as that makes it fairly simple to... 
Posted October 22, 2010 12:40:13 PM
Possible to Render to a TBO...? TBOs are, I believe, the same sort of generic buffer as VBOs? If so, you can use Transform Feedback to render from your vertex shader into the buffer. The extension specification is at http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/EXT/transform_feedback.tx... 
Posted September 18, 2010 2:56:58 PM
Win32 API Custom Classes GetWindowLong is obsolete: it returns a 32-bit value even on win64. If you're storing pointers, you should use GetWindowLongPtr 
Posted August 29, 2010 7:19:31 PM
VBO / IBO Woes EDIT: just saw that you actually sorted the element buffer offset issue out (I missed that line between everone complaining about your data formatting). I really don't know why it should be crashing based on where you position the padding, unles... 
Posted August 26, 2010 9:15:40 PM
Single-user version control Look at git, mercurial, or some other DVCS system. It keeps the entire VCS tree local to your working copy, so there's no need for a standalone server. There are also plenty of free web services to host your code (especially if you're willing to have... 
Posted August 16, 2010 9:47:03 PM
Open Source Linux Debugger BuGLe isn't as simple as, say, GDebugger - you'll need to get used to configuring filtersets. There's no easy "profile" or "debug" page. But it's very powerful once you get the hang of it :) I've done some research on this myself, and... 
Posted August 4, 2010 2:15:28 AM
Deferred Renderer - Early development Shaders for procedural textures are easily supported in the current system. Just point to the new shader file in the material definition :). Post-effect shaders like glass and heat haze effects will be rendered in a forward-shaded pass, alongside tra... 
Posted August 3, 2010 2:28:22 AM
glGetString returns 0 Well, I officially feel really, really stupid... I had made an adjustment to the config file at the same time I had started adding extension code... It turns out a typo had me trying to create a fullscreen window at a resolution that wasn't possib... 
Posted January 1, 2007 6:36:39 PM
View All Replies Made By This User