Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Geoffrey...  
Full Name Geoffrey White
Nickname Geoffrey 
State/Province, Country Oxfordshire   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.randomstuff.org.uk/~geoffrey/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1073  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/2/2004 11:59:42 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
A Quest Too Far Hi, Yesterday I finished my 7 Day RogueLike, 'A Quest Too Far', for the 2010 7DRL Contest. I'm quite please with the results, but if you enjoy this sort of thing I'd love to know what you think! http://www.randomstuff.org.uk/~geoffrey/roguelik... 
Posted March 14, 2010 12:38:29 PM
homeless guy One morning about six months ago a homeless guy stopped me on the street, and for whatever reason I didn't dismiss him but actually stopped and talked. I've met him twice since, he's now on benefits of some kind and staying in a homeless... 
Posted July 14, 2009 11:40:57 AM
logging running programs Does anyone know if it's possible for a Windows application to detect what other programs are running, and (ideally) how much processor usage each of them is taking? I thought it'd be a good idea for my game to record information like this in it's... 
Posted September 25, 2008 7:41:50 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
My first online game. For testing Can you tell us anything about it before we click the link? 
Posted September 14, 2010 7:20:13 AM
Exp Question Quote:Original post by drseuss <?PHP for($currentLvl=50;$currentLvl<=100;$currentLvl++) { $randMax = $currentLvl*10; $randMin = $currentLvl*5; $randNum = rand($randMin,$randMax); $exp = $currentLvl * $currentLvl + $randNum / 5 * 10; } ?... 
Posted September 6, 2010 4:51:40 AM
Rolling Dice Do you need to control the number the die lands at? 
Posted April 8, 2010 8:16:12 AM
(SOLVED) No. of sides of regular polygon given area and side length? Since 'N' is integer I'd have thought you can solve the problem with something along the lines of: i = 3; while (true) { if (abs(poly_area(i, side) - area) < [small number]) { return i; } i = i [plus] 1; } Obviously thi... 
Posted April 8, 2010 8:11:14 AM
Seeking portfolio and resume critique Looks good, nicely organized with lots of information. You've also got an impressive amount of work experience! 
Posted March 15, 2010 12:28:48 PM
A Quest Too Far Quote:Original post by SriLumpa Just "make" worked ! Excellent. Quote: The decline is quite fast though, and you have to drop items really quickly. I managed to die at level 3 :) You're absolutely right, decline is quite fast - this is b... 
Posted March 14, 2010 6:18:53 PM
A Quest Too Far Quote:Original post by SriLumpa I like roguelikes but unfortunately I am running on Linux. If you download version 1.1, that should work on Linux but you'll have to 'make' it yourself. It comes with source code and a makefile that was... 
Posted March 14, 2010 4:33:05 PM
Calculate normals for a polygon - faces problem Quote:Original post by viewon01 Yes, I have try this :-( And what happened? We aren't going to be able to help you unless you give us a bit more feedback. 
Posted October 16, 2009 11:55:23 AM
Calculate normals for a polygon - faces problem Quote:Original post by viewon01 But, I have an algorithm to update the polygons to be counterclockwise, the vertex winding order is updated when needed. Have you tried disabling this step? 
Posted October 16, 2009 9:37:57 AM
Need Help It looks like a custom build step is calling a program called 'vsa' with the wrong parameters, or none at all. Perhaps you've got a more recent version of this program than the project was intended for? Anyway, you should be able to find what it's... 
Posted October 16, 2009 7:29:51 AM
View All Replies Made By This User