Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Seoushi...  
Full Name  
Nickname Seoushi 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.seoushi.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1025  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/31/2005 6:57:07 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
mmo server architecture [now with new design idea] So I've done 2d and 3d single player games and have been a professional game developer for awhile now but I haven't done any serious networking programming. My goal is to write a basic/working mmo server architecture, it may never be complete however... 
Posted April 29, 2009 4:18:35 AM
vista performance woes So I started work on a terrain engine on OS X and performance was great now I'm compiling and running it on vista and it seems that it's falling back to software mode. Under OS X I would hit v-sync ~60fps and under vista I'm getting 2-... 
Posted November 12, 2008 1:17:42 AM
using ogg streams with multiple sources So I finally have been messing with openal and ogg and I got a simple ogg stream working along with loading a whole file in a buffer. Now I want to be able to play the same stream multiple times (gun shots, walking noises, etc). The problem with stre... 
Posted June 22, 2007 11:56:59 PM
Blending Textures for terrain. So I've been working on an idea for my terrain engine I know how to do everything except texture blending using the fixed pipeline. I rather not use a shader for this even though I know how to do it. Anyways the problem I have is as follows: ... 
Posted December 4, 2006 4:19:55 AM
std::map causes segfaults I can't understand what is going wrong with my program. I can use use map in a test program but in my engine I'm writting I can't get it map to perform any functions without getting a segfault. I declare the map like this: std::map< uint, sTex... 
Posted November 29, 2005 3:30:30 PM
Need some help with my editor (MDX) I've been learning managed direct x off tutorials/blogs etc online so please bear with me. So far I have been making a 3d isometric map editor and I've now become stuck on a few things. The first question is picking (selecting certain ob... 
Posted August 22, 2005 8:06:01 AM
odd string issue, possible bad file loading. So I want to load some config files for my engine that I'm creating, but for some reason I get some odd escape character or an unterminated string or something werid to that effect. Here is the code in question bool loadTileset(string filename) ... 
Posted May 27, 2005 4:27:14 PM
c++ oploaded operators I know this is just a basic c++ thing but I haven't used it in such a long time and I can't find what I'm looking for on google. Here is the relevent code: cMap.cpp //allocate entities entities = (cEntity*)malloc(sizeof(cEntity) * numE... 
Posted May 20, 2005 2:22:41 AM
Programmer looking for a team or to start one. (Updated!) Hey guys, As the title says I'm either looking to join an existing team or to start one up. If I was to join a team I would rather it be somewhat smaller. Also I realitivley new to game development but not a total beginer so keep that in m... 
Posted April 17, 2005 7:04:39 AM
RPG Algorithms I'm creating a 2D RPG engine (like alot of others it seems). Right now I'm working on a way on how to calculate gaining experiance, leveling up, damage done by XXX and things of that nature. I've searched arround and can't seem to find anyt... 
Posted January 31, 2005 7:08:43 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Good Projects to build up a Games Programmer Resume Quote:Original post by Imperio59Would they hire you based on what they were looking for directly? (i.e: games programmer, engine programmer, server programmer, etc...) or would you move around? Would they specifically say it if it was an engine... 
Posted May 21, 2009 2:26:47 AM
Boost.Gil, SDL, and what does 'interleaved view' mean? Quote:Original post by theOcelot whoops, forgot about SDL_gfx. But would it take advanatage of the fact that they only need to be rotated in 90 degree increments? To tell you the truth I don't know. You would have to look at the source code... 
Posted May 21, 2009 2:02:42 AM
designing a programming language for fun and learning From the looks of it you want python but convert it over to static typing and use type inference. I would recommend you look at and or learn other languages before you make your own. Some of the languages I've learned a lot from are scheme, haskell,... 
Posted May 21, 2009 1:55:58 AM
having trouble calling a member function from a data structure I have a hard time recommending a good C++ book as most everything I've seen is C with classes and it's been such a long time since I needed to look for a C++ book. This book seems like your best bet, however I have not read it. It's written by the o... 
Posted May 21, 2009 1:34:18 AM
2D You might try ika, it's basically an engine that uses python as a scripting language and there are a few rpg's that people have written for it, I'm sure you could write an rts with it as well. 
Posted May 20, 2009 11:03:44 PM
having trouble calling a member function from a data structure The error is that your not declaring the method "split_into_words" as a static function. In order to use methods that pertain to a class you must first make the object. Game someGame; someGame.split_into_words; If all you want to accompli... 
Posted May 20, 2009 10:21:42 PM
Boost.Gil, SDL, and what does 'interleaved view' mean? I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly but if you just want to rotate SDL surfaces SDL_gfx would most likely be a better fit (see Rotozoomer). 
Posted May 19, 2009 7:37:41 PM
iPhone Poly Count Question It really depends on how many character you will have on the screen and how close/detailed you want them. As far as I know there is no hard limit on the number of polygons but of course the more you have the slower your game will run.... 
Posted May 15, 2009 7:28:57 PM
Programming Language Confusion, what is right for me? Sounds like you haven't employed a good programmer yet. If I was in your shoes I would look at some of the professional game development companies and look at their requirements on the job postings. Use their requirements as a guide for what you... 
Posted May 15, 2009 2:46:11 AM
Windows C++ High precision timer This older but still relevant blog post might be of interest. I've also heard that sleep doesn't play well with some timer implementations on windows, however I'm not sure of the truth behind that statement. You might consider using "timeGetT... 
Posted May 14, 2009 2:50:28 AM
View All Replies Made By This User