Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dr Jack...  
Full Name Giacomo Mariani
Nickname dr Jack 
State/Province, Country Lombardia   Italy
GD Gathering City Villasanta, Lombardia, Italy
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.fantasyeydor.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Associate Developer - Setting department 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1003  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/29/2010 2:01:15 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent replies made on our forums
Game story with no conflict Quote:Your comment on Story Content vs Player Experience showed me that you do not understand the importance of that distinction to the thread. I am not sure what you want me to explain. I wasn't asking explaination (by the way, yours is intere... 
Posted January 7, 2011 6:24:40 AM
Focusing the Plot I strongly agree with JoeCooper. I can try to add some procedure I use. 1) Cut the unnecessary. If the story can go on without an element, you can cut it. 2) Cut the less entertaining. Let's say you've 10 events. Make a ranking, and start t... 
Posted January 6, 2011 6:40:26 AM
Game story with no conflict Re: sunandshadow We're simply exploring concepts and definitions. Quote:So even in a game with no story, the little story the player imagines about his actions in the game will have conflict. In my opinion, for now, is that a game ALWAYS has a sto... 
Posted January 6, 2011 6:10:58 AM
Game story with no conflict Quote:What makes you choose to use your assumption in case 2 but not in case 1? Mental links I think. Since you said "Turtle reached the end first" I assumed this element matters as it matters in the original race. On the other hand when you fin... 
Posted January 5, 2011 12:55:11 PM
How to Make a Compelling Main Character Quote:In my case, Kotiro is technically the antagonist because she's trying to stop the bad guy from achieving his goals (this is the same setup as James Bond, who is always the good guy/main character/antagonist trying to stop the bad guy/protagonis... 
Posted January 3, 2011 11:41:18 AM
How to Make a Compelling Main Character Some elements for the character: - Compelling passions who leads him (goals): a character needs to push forward the story. - Deep fears: something that the characters don't want to face. - Contrasting values: like love for the family vs love for j... 
Posted January 3, 2011 5:35:39 AM
Game story with no conflict Learning There's always a conflict if there's an action. Yeah, sometimes is so little that is really really easy. Goal: Does the character want to learn or not? He can't don't mind. Maybe he choose inconsciously, but for us don't matters. If he... 
Posted January 3, 2011 5:03:31 AM
Game story with no conflict Learning and discovery have conflict inside. Internal and external. Goal = knowledge? Conflict: you need to find teacher, time, open mind and many other qualities. Internal conflict: old perspective of life against new perspective. You can make thes... 
Posted January 1, 2011 1:18:54 PM
Game story with no conflict Quote:In this aspect, we are similar. When I ask "How to make a story without a conflict", you pull the rug under and say, "But then it won't even be a story." The difference between us, is that when you pull a rug, you are trying to say that it is i... 
Posted January 1, 2011 11:04:22 AM
Does anyone have a relationship diagram maker? I suggest xmind. http://www.xmind.net/ It's free. It's easy, and it can be used to track relationship between objects (Ctrl +d while in the program). Maybe it's not exaclty what you've in mind, but it can be used to track relationship, with... 
Posted December 31, 2010 5:22:34 AM
View All Replies Made By This User