Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know graveyard filla...  
Full Name  
Nickname graveyard filla 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.donkeypunchproductions.net 
ICQ ID 82985827 
AIM ID gfilla69 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Lead Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1321  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/11/2004 5:29:31 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
why does hard-disk space relate to performance? hi, Just wondering why I need to keep my HD 20% free space, otherwise I suffer from performance issues... Can someone explain this to me in a low level way exactly what is going on here?? thanks 
Posted March 10, 2009 6:41:08 PM
refactoring production code - is it worth the risk?? Part philisophical part technical question I guess [grin]... Do you think its worth it to re-factor production code in a large system to 'clean it up'??? I'm talking about a complex back-end server application if you need to be specific... This sy... 
Posted January 8, 2009 9:56:27 AM
whats wrong with my collision reaction I'm trying to get movement to work in a simple 2d tile game using AABB's To factor in time I do iterative collision checks.. for wall collision, i just check each tile passed over throughout the whole movement. for object->object collision, i b... 
Posted November 18, 2008 9:33:41 PM
timestamps - yay or nay?? I was just wondering what the overall thought of using timestamps for synchronization / playability purposes was.. What I'm talking about specifically is having a client tell the server that I did X action at Y time, which the server receives, and... 
Posted October 30, 2008 7:21:29 PM
is C# a good choice for scripting on an MMO server? Just like the title says - is C# a good scripting choice for an MMO server? I am strictly asking performance wise here. I am working on a 2D MMO in C#/XNA and was thinking about how scripting would work - it seems C# is the most logical choic... 
Posted October 20, 2008 7:24:32 PM
why is C++ still being over-used? Just a bit of a rant here... I've been out of the GD thing for a few years now, and (once again) getting the itch to get back into it. So I'm working on porting over (actually completely re building but that just makes me feel better that i didn... 
Posted October 3, 2008 5:50:35 PM
virtual worlds... are they CPU or Bandwith bound? Quick and simple question... In commercial, distributed, high volume games... are these typically CPU bound or bandwith bound? Are you distributing your servers because they are eating up too much CPU cycles, or because they can't put out enough b... 
Posted October 13, 2008 9:30:52 PM
XNA - should I use the Game class? I'm very new to XNA and am working on porting over my C++ 2D MMO. Do you guys see any limitations with using the Game class (for my client)? I've heard mention of people saying thats its limiting, but didnt get much more info then that. As fa... 
Posted October 3, 2008 10:30:15 AM
.NET game, which graphics API to use? I've been out of the game development thing for a while. I would like to start up on a new project using C# - a 2D game, but I want to use a 3d graphics API for performance and other benefits. What should I use for graphics rendering? I'm not th... 
Posted March 31, 2008 11:34:16 AM
Job Hunting / Career advice Well, 2 years ago I came to this same forum and posted my resume, asking for advice. You guys ripped it apart and really taught me how to write a resume. Got a offer on my first interview and never looked back. I've been there 2 years now doing... 
Posted February 28, 2008 11:47:51 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Implementing Code Completion and Parsing? why do you need code completion & intelligence if the language is so simple? keep your requirements smaller & you should be able to bang it out in no time in C# 
Posted March 14, 2009 1:16:14 PM
C# Designer Serialization problem what source control are you using?? any out of the ordinary plugins to Visual Studio you might be using? i've seen stuff like this break Visual Studio before in certain places 
Posted March 3, 2009 9:38:27 AM
First Job Blues.....(long) This thread had a lot of great information... To be honest, I've found that mapping busines objects to SQL Tables to work quite well for my purposes... In certain cases, you have to use common sense. For example, a file parsing routine that pu... 
Posted March 2, 2009 1:44:50 PM
First Job Blues.....(long) Thanks bro. Stuff that I honestly didn't think of... haven't thought much at all about sales & marketing to be honest, right now we just put our legit dev server together, and have a place-holder website up.. wrapping up our code.. My ace in the hole... 
Posted February 26, 2009 7:17:25 PM
First Job Blues.....(long) Quote:Original post by leiavoia stuff btw, this post made me think of you, old buddy... that story of the 'one SQL Table per user, with the user name + password as the name of the table' still sticks with me... like holy crap... [lol] 
Posted February 26, 2009 4:00:52 PM
First Job Blues.....(long) Quote:Original post by aRookie I don't know. I guess it is just very frustrating. We all basically work alone, and get passed down projects that were just written, but we had no say in development. I know that 'just get it done' works for now. But,... 
Posted February 26, 2009 3:44:49 PM
First Job Blues.....(long) Quote:Original post by Telastyn You are partially right. More engineering practices are good. Normalized databases are good. A lot of other things are 'usually good' but a lot of work (read: money, political capitol, grief) to do. While engineers of... 
Posted February 25, 2009 9:51:09 PM
Oh damn, life can be so procedural some times... maybe you just need to go to an occupational hypnotherapist????? 
Posted February 25, 2009 9:33:48 PM
Oh damn, life can be so procedural some times... Quote:Original post by owl I'm kind of missing the days when I didn't knew what was going to happend tomorow... I mean, I have a good job, well paid, and yes I know tomorrow I'll be able to drink my beer and browse my interwebs... ... but whe... 
Posted February 25, 2009 3:34:14 PM
Should I bother to finish my associate's degree? from my experience, hiring managers could give a crap less about your degree, and more about what you know.. i'd like to meet the guy who will interview someone, have them be able to look you in the eyes & answer every question accurately, show thems... 
Posted February 16, 2009 11:53:21 PM
View All Replies Made By This User