Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know olberg...  
Full Name  
Nickname olberg 
State/Province, Country Western Finland   Finland
GD Gathering City Turku, Western Finland, Finland
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.iki.fi/olberg 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/7/2005 4:16:29 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
boost::shared_ptr and stack overflow I converted my program to use boost::shared_ptr instead of normal pointers. I have class with std::vector with shared pointers in it and when I clear the vector I got crash with stack overflow and access violation in the vector. This is my first time... 
Posted August 13, 2007 7:39:14 PM
Disabling mouse cursor in console (Windows API, Visual C++) When I switch console to full screen the mouse arrow changes to a blocky mouse cursor. I don't mean the text cursor (I know I can disable it with SetConsoleCursorInfo function). How can I disable the mouse cursor in full screen console? [Edited by... 
Posted August 9, 2007 2:43:12 PM
Yet Another Map Generator I like to watch these images and today I decided to contribute something. Nothing fancy but I'm satisfied with the results so far. I've been playing with an idea to create a roguelike game with completely randomized world. I decided to start by ma... 
Posted July 23, 2007 9:38:17 AM
PhysFS reads/writes result "access denied" I tried to make little modifications to TinyXML so it could use PhysFS for reading and writing but I all attempts to read/write result error "access denied". Sounds like Linux problem but I have Windows 2000. What am I doing wrong? Edit: Modified... 
Posted September 2, 2005 4:59:09 AM
Problem with DirectX 9 using MinGW I'm trying to use DirectX 9 with MinGW. It worked well until I started using DirectX utilities (libd3dx9.a). First it took long time to find that file (I had some DirectX package with only libd3dx9d.a). But even with that file I got this linker... 
Posted August 7, 2005 4:25:01 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Disabling mouse cursor in console (Windows API, Visual C++) ShowCursor doesn't seem to work in full screen console. 
Posted August 9, 2007 2:52:26 PM
hxRender 3.0 There is some kind of a bug in hxsLoadSurface function. It crashes with some images. I haven't found out what's causing it. Has anyone else noticed it? Edit: I use SDL_image to load images. Could it be something with non-BMP formats? 
Posted February 2, 2007 11:57:17 AM
File Management with SDL Look for functions findfirst and findnext. I'm not sure but I think they are OS-dependant though. Edit: Not SDL functions, but AFAIK SDL doesn't have ways to get directory listing. 
Posted September 3, 2005 6:20:50 AM
PhysFS reads/writes result "access denied" I tried setting write directory to NULL this time. Now I think I have found where the problem is. This part of my code does what it should do: while(PHYSFS_read( file, buf, sizeof(char), 2048 )>0) { data += buf; } (data.c_str() return... 
Posted September 3, 2005 6:10:59 AM
PhysFS reads/writes result "access denied" Now I have set the write dir but still get error from PHYSFS_read. This time "Archive is read-only". Why am I getting this when I am trying to read a file? Edit: Ok, it seems that this error comes from PHYSFS_setWriteDir but I can't still see why.... 
Posted September 2, 2005 5:21:03 AM
Problem with DirectX 9 using MinGW I tried that but for some reason reimping d3dx9.lib doesn't produce libd3dx9.a (there are some other lib files too that can't be reimped). I solved the problem using debug version (libd3dx9d.a) but it would be nice to know if someone had a working ve... 
Posted August 11, 2005 8:01:27 AM
Problem with DirectX 9 using MinGW I checked the DirectX package's text files and it says that libd3dx9.a is only 1% done. Maybe that's why it doesn't work? Is there completely working DirectX 9 package for MinGW? 
Posted August 8, 2005 4:17:36 AM
View All Replies Made By This User