Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Caste...  Moderator
Full Name Carsten Haubold
Nickname Caste 
State/Province, Country Hessen   Germany
GD Gathering City Wehrheim, Hessen, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.chaubold.de/wikiGL/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title student 
Job Description focusing on graphics/OpenGL 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1553  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/2/2006 3:09:01 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/caste/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Merry Christmas Merry ChristmasPosted by: Carsten Haubold at December 24, 2007 1:12:41 PMThe NeHe-team wishes you merry christmas and a happy new year! We’re glad to announce that we’ll be able to update the page soon and we’ll be busy over the... 
Posted December 24, 2007 7:12:41 AM
Maze3DFlyer released! Maze3DFlyer released!Posted by: Carsten Haubold at August 7, 2008 11:24:14 PMLars Huttar sent us a mail that his maze is now ready for release. Check it out, it’s really fun breaking new highscores! Quote:maze3dflyer is: An OpenGL graphic... 
Posted August 7, 2008 5:24:14 PM
Lesson ports to OpenGL ES 1.x Lesson ports to OpenGL ES 1.xPosted by: Carsten Haubold at May 6, 2009 11:46:27 AMMike Gorchak sent us a quick note: Quote:I have ported some of NeHe OpenGL Lessons to OpenGL ES 1.x and SDL 1.3 and continue working on porting the rest lessons. M... 
Posted May 6, 2009 5:46:27 AM
OpenGL 3.1 Specs and NVIDIA drivers released! OpenGL 3.1 Specs and NVIDIA drivers released!Posted by: Carsten Haubold at March 25, 2009 10:41:53 AMJust in time after the release of our book on OpenGL 3.0, Khronos announced that they published the GL 3.1 spec. Now all the features marked... 
Posted March 25, 2009 4:41:53 AM
NeHe SDK Update! NeHe SDK Update!Posted by: Carsten Haubold at December 2, 2008 2:28:36 PMHey all, I’ve just uploaded a new version of the NeHe SDK (which can be found on the right hand side menu, pretty much at the bottom). Thanks to Gregs for still b... 
Posted December 2, 2008 8:28:36 AM
VBO with Element Array Buffer - weird problem Hey all, I guess I'm just overlooking something, but my triangles just does not show up when rendering with my ElementArrayBuffer. I'd be glad if somebody can find the error and point it out to me! VBO setup: void Scene::createVBO() { ... 
Posted February 16, 2009 5:19:37 PM
GL 3.0 basecde Beta for Windws and Linux(GLX) Hey everybody, after a long time with no news (we've been pretty busy with other projects) here's a new basecode! As OpenGL 3.0 drivers for NVidia cards are out for Windows and Linux now I've set something up for you: a sample for setting up an... 
Posted October 27, 2008 4:07:12 PM
GL 3.0 basecde Beta for Windws and Linux(GLX) GL 3.0 basecde Beta for Windws and Linux(GLX)Posted by: Carsten Haubold at October 27, 2008 10:07:38 PMHey everybody, after a long time with no news (we’ve been pretty busy with other projects) here’s a new basecode! As OpenGL 3.0 dri... 
Posted October 27, 2008 4:07:38 PM
FBO with color and depth texture Hey folks, I'm having troubles implementing the water reflection found in the Bonzai tut because my depth map just stays white. I think its a problem with my FBO setup, but I'm not sure: glGenFramebuffersEXT(1, &m_fbo); glGenTextures... 
Posted September 2, 2008 3:03:10 AM
New NeHe Lessons released!! Hey folks, after having talked about releasing new lessons for a pretty long time now, we're glad to present you the first 3 new NeHe lessons! They're starting from the beginning again, but this time using way better code style, making use... 
Posted June 13, 2008 8:52:08 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Lesson 28 Triangle Normal As you said yourself, the last array stores the recently used points. You could fill this array (with Bernstein()) before adding the 3 vertices to your GL triangle strip. Then use the last 3 vertices (let's call them a,b,c) to compute the normal wit... 
Posted December 29, 2010 5:12:22 AM
Cutting a pieces of one texture You would load the texture completely but adjust your texture coordinates to just cover one of the tiles. Next time you ask something, tell a bit more what you want to do and what you already tried or have in mind. 
Posted October 22, 2010 5:03:43 AM
NeHe Tutorials in other language Hey there, sure, translating the NeHe tutorials is no problem as long as you link to the original pages (which you probably want anyway to provide all the downloads..). Cheers EDIT: btw, if you tell us the location of your translations we'll... 
Posted August 4, 2010 3:35:51 AM
Installing OpenGL (and SDL) for Ubuntu Linux Hmm okay, as the OpenGL dev packages (no matter whether mesa or nvidia) only contain the header files, this probably does not matter. However, in my installation I use the nvidia dev driver which ships a pretty complete glext.h. Don't know ho... 
Posted July 2, 2010 4:32:57 AM
Installing OpenGL (and SDL) for Ubuntu Linux Thanks for the howto, but it is pretty much related to your gforth ports and thus should be shipped with these in the README or so. Furthermore, Ubuntu users might want to install all the packages with only one call on the command l... 
Posted July 1, 2010 4:34:26 PM
NeHe Tutorials for gforth Hi there, you reached us, we can either link to your ports if you have your own website or host them on the NeHe site. PM me for that. I never heard of gforth or Forth before, fancy telling me a bit about it? ;-) - Carsten 
Posted July 1, 2010 4:29:06 PM
how to display AVI in Lesson 30 We need to see more of your code to be able to give you proper solutions, but my first guess is that you're clearing the color and depth buffer twice each frame. You only need glClear(..) once at the beginning of DrawGLScene?! 
Posted November 11, 2009 6:40:16 AM
Tao There are ports of NeHe to TAO here: http://www.taoframework.com/gallery/taoopengl/nehe Hope that helps ;) 
Posted November 5, 2009 4:16:32 AM
Beginning OpenGL Game Programming II The updated project files contains the whole data which is stored on the CD, so just grab the newest file Kazade linked in his news post! 
Posted October 14, 2009 5:26:20 AM
its probably a dumb question... Exactly, you need to add either "OpenGL32.lib GLU32.lib" to your linker options in Visual C++, or "-lGL -lGLU" for GCC compilers. But usually the projects should run out of the box.. Can you please tell me which one you downloaded? 
Posted August 21, 2009 4:20:48 AM
View All Replies Made By This User