Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Avatar God...  
Full Name George Graham
Nickname Avatar God 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Richardson, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.gsgraham.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1643  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/22/2003 1:05:19 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
GDNet Comic: The Game! Some of you may have followed the one-week, one-button contest hosted by Ravuya - but if not, you should give the game version of boolean's amazing comic a shot. I present... GDComic: The Game The game includes nearly all of boolea... 
Posted November 22, 2005 4:13:08 PM
[4E6] AG's Unofficial 4E6 Judging AG's Unofficial 4E6 JudgingRequirementsContains 3 of the 4 elements: Ponies, Accountants, Crystals, and Explosions Has some form of manual Not AO rated No obvious IP infringement Working entry I've been very liberal with these: if there's acco... 
Posted August 1, 2008 5:59:40 PM
Filtering Sub-threshold OPs Another strange point with the filter system. Threads created by sub-threshold users show up, but are blank if there are no replies. Okay, but then when replies start showing up, you get this (that isn't the OP at the top there, btw). I'm stil... 
Posted February 21, 2008 9:10:47 PM
Quick Rating Threshold Note Just FYI, with a user threshold on (in my case, solely to block out 0 ratings), you still get stuck reading the 0-rated user-posts on the Post Reply pages. It's a little confusing at times, but mostly I don't see any reason for them to a... 
Posted December 14, 2007 10:06:39 PM
Gamedev = Google? Did someone just forward Gamedev to Google/ncr? Because that was really strange (I had to check that it wasn't April 1st, even). But it seems equally odd that it would only have happened to me. 
Posted September 24, 2007 3:14:57 PM
Proposed changes to rating threshold system The "Can we ban..." thread reminded me of an old issue that was never solved to my liking: the rating threshold. Besides confusing the occasional user, anecdotal evidence suggests that many or most users don't activate this setting - Why? The c... 
Posted October 8, 2007 9:41:53 AM
Tracked Topics I hate to post a whole new thread when I know there's a perfectly good one farther down the page, but I can't load it (not GDev's fault - don't worry). So, besides the naming conventions (see, I can at least link to it), I would love for the... 
Posted October 11, 2007 4:36:11 AM
Writing a (very) short story. Point me in the right direction? Hello, all. I'm looking for advice on writing a short story - I barely know where to start, in many respects. I'd greatly appreciate any fingers pointed at answers that may be sitting around in the internet. To be a little more specific, I... 
Posted September 19, 2007 9:12:22 AM
Australia, New Zealand, (and booleans) Oh My! So, I'm going to be spending the next several weeks in and around Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and no small bit of New Zealand. As it turns out, I'm going to have more free time than I expected, and don't really know what to do. The Great Barrier... 
Posted June 1, 2007 2:34:22 PM
Password Failure Not a big issue, but I just got this message while trying to log in:Quote:NOTE: On February 13 2007 we invalidated all user passwords in response to an attempted attack on the site. You will need to reset your password before you can log in... 
Posted April 26, 2007 12:22:50 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The GameDev.net Daily To be fair, there's a pretty good variety in Mario games, which are a franchise. I mean, Mario Kart innovated compared to Mario Bros, (although it created a new franchise, arguably, one which refuses to deinnovate blue shells) and the like. Gala... 
Posted June 18, 2010 11:20:45 PM
The Daily GameDev.net Quote:Original post by NotTheOnion,Unfortunately He says ominously after noting that he is working with a grandmother who is reportedly addicted to online poker and a granddaughter who is addicted to Facebook, "The poisioned chalice is being ha... 
Posted May 26, 2010 11:25:50 PM
The Daily GameDev.Net All I know is that your freaking Sydney funnelweb spiders can go and throw themselves off a cliff. 
Posted December 23, 2009 9:26:23 AM
GDNet Comic: The Game! Well, yeah, I guess it would be hard to load the site. I'll have to get that back up and running. 
Posted August 16, 2009 11:12:44 AM
The Daily GameDev.Net Argh, I so want to see the old adventure games revamped. And yeah, who the heck thought full cooking instructions were included in GTA IV? It's a just complex enough process to be very boring if someone put the whole thing in a game format, that's... 
Posted June 24, 2009 8:16:48 PM
The Daily GameDev.net Dude! Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle?! That would be so wicked. Incidentally, I hope the new DotT has a device in it where you can play the old DotT which of course has Ed's computer that lets you play Maniac Mansion. 
Posted June 22, 2009 8:16:31 PM
The Daily GameDev.Net My favorite Daily posts are the ones with tons of linked interviews! 
Posted May 12, 2009 8:31:07 PM
The Daily GameDev.net Oh, come on. Now we get DNF footage?! 
Posted May 11, 2009 8:08:37 PM
The Daily GameDev.net Not that I agreed with it totally, but that Edge list was surprisingly spot on for me. Notable exceptions exist. And any 7-year-in-the-making mod for Deus Ex has to be worth at least a little of my time. 
Posted May 5, 2009 12:22:13 AM
Game Development Comic I did have to go back to the first post to see what the last guy was. Token Robot! Now the comic is excellent! [grin] 
Posted December 26, 2008 12:45:46 AM
View All Replies Made By This User