Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know SHilbert...  
Full Name Scott Hilbert
Nickname SHilbert 
State/Province, Country NC   United States
GD Gathering City Raleigh, NC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.shilbert.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1333  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/14/2000 6:52:41 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Sprite Crammer beta release Hey everyone, thought I'd tell you that I made a tool that might help out some people working on 2D games, especially 2D hardware accelerated games. Basically, it is similar to texture atlas building programs, except designed for sprites. Specif... 
Posted May 7, 2008 1:24:48 AM
New GameDev Logo So, in this news post GDNet user noggin pointed out that the GameDev flames logo looks a lot like the Tennessee Titans logo. Now, this is what these logos look like: For those of you without an eye for detail, here's an overlay: The... 
Posted February 27, 2008 6:28:11 PM
LGPL and Anticheat Software I have an interesting issue that I'm not facing myself but wonder about occasionally. I am sure many of you are familiar of the LGPL, which is a somewhat more flexible version fo the GPL, generally used for support libraries and things of that nature... 
Posted May 30, 2004 11:33:55 PM
Word from nes8bit nes8bit, everyone's favorite messiah, managed to send me this image via email, so that it could be spread to the masses in this most sublime fashion: Makes you think, doesn't it? Edited by - SHilbert on September 17, 2001 7:30:46 PM 
Posted September 17, 2001 7:28:19 PM
Cg, CgFX and some other nVidia stuff I was looking at the most recent Cg Toolkit nVidia released, and apparently they're now including a "CgFX" beta runtime. I checked what CgFX is, and (perhaps not suprisingly) it's a format identical to DirectX's Effect Files, much like how Cg is basi... 
Posted July 11, 2003 1:13:53 PM
DEFCON 11 Defcon 11 is gonna be in Las Vegas from August 1 - August 3. It’s a computer security conference that’s basically one of the biggest hacker conventions in the USA. Nes8bit and I are thinking of going, along with a few other people (p... 
Posted June 7, 2003 11:29:54 PM
Rose-Hulman & Washington @ St. Louis Hey, I’m checking out colleges in the Illinois/Indiana area (specifically Rose-Hulman and Washington at St. Louis) this weekend... so if any of you guys happen to go to either of those schools it’d be cool if you could give me your opinio... 
Posted April 16, 2003 9:46:16 PM
Moe is alive! I’ve just received correspondence from our friend Moe who is currently on a missionary trip (and has been for some time). Here’s the email: quote: From: "Joel Bennett" To: shilbert@gdnmail.net Subject: its me (Moe) from... 
Posted April 7, 2003 11:47:05 PM
Programmer_One I agree, don’t you? 
Posted March 10, 2003 9:20:08 PM
ATTN nes8bit: Matrix Countdown Here's your darned counter. Note that it's EST because the server it's on is on the east coast, but we're talking a matter of several days here so who cares.... [edited by - SHilbert on February 14, 2003 6:29:49 PM] 
Posted February 14, 2003 6:29:26 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Pictures of YOU! Quote:Original post by Programmer One From earlier that day. ^ More proof that P1 is nes8bit 
Posted March 8, 2010 2:13:42 AM
Is Universe a Black Hole? Quote:Original post by The Senshi If irony were a cake, you would be fat from rolling around in it while you shove it in your fat face. Oh, of course, the favorite tactic of the doomed orator -- the ad hominem attack. I'll have you know that (unlik... 
Posted February 17, 2010 11:18:03 PM
Is Universe a Black Hole? Quote:Original post by The Senshi Quote:Original post by SHilbert Quote:Original post by The Senshi Quote:Original post by SHilbert Quote:Original post by The Senshi This is ridiculous. Everyone knows the world sits on the back of a giant t... 
Posted February 17, 2010 10:35:57 PM
Is Universe a Black Hole? Quote:Original post by The Senshi Quote:Original post by SHilbert Quote:Original post by The Senshi This is ridiculous. Everyone knows the world sits on the back of a giant turtle, and that turtle stands on another turtle, and it's turtl... 
Posted February 17, 2010 10:02:37 PM
Is Universe a Black Hole? Quote:Original post by The Senshi This is ridiculous. Everyone knows the world sits on the back of a giant turtle, and that turtle stands on another turtle, and it's turtles all the way down. Or can anyone prove the universe ISNT recursive... 
Posted February 17, 2010 9:51:02 PM
Sprite Crammer beta release Quote:Original post by Cygon Looks nice! May I ask what packing algorithm you're using? I have come up with a custom one for a similar problem, except this one needed to perform at runtime where I wanted to display text (the charac... 
Posted May 7, 2008 1:52:16 AM
New GameDev Logo Quote:Original post by Oluseyi The logo was produced as a conference gimmick for GDC, for the awesome-tastic ping-pong balls we distributed as giveaways. We had decided that a booth wasn't really a worthwhile investment for GDNet, so we went with th... 
Posted February 27, 2008 7:17:13 PM
New GameDev Logo Quote:Original post by DukeAtreides076 OMG the Titans stole our new GameDev logo! Well, I can think of only two real explanations: 1. GDNet is now a farm team for the Titans, or 2. GDNet and the Titans got their flame logo off of the same cl... 
Posted February 27, 2008 6:44:18 PM
I shot a man in reno... ok 
Posted January 13, 2008 9:31:39 PM
Anyone have a dedicated windows server or a WINDOWS VPS Quote:Original post by Mushu Also, only 76 people have actually posted in your forums. That's 3700 dead-weight "users" which I doubt exist at all. Percentage of aforementioned almost 4,000 users with certain amounts of posts, provided by the g... 
Posted December 21, 2007 5:07:04 PM
View All Replies Made By This User