Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mozie...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname mozie 
State/Province, Country MN   United States
GD Gathering City Minneapolis, MN, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1061  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/27/2004 8:33:11 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/mozie/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
operator overloads, const, and pointers (C++) I have been working with some user defined classes of my own, and find that operator overloading is very handy and sometimes required. Specifically the use of the std::set class template, since it requires overloads for custom classes to be able to... 
Posted September 13, 2010 11:58:40 PM
Undoing Powers I have been searching google all morning trying to find an answer to my problem. All of the example solutions are too different from my problem, and trying to apply them to my problem results in numbers that are not what I expected. I'm not very ex... 
Posted December 6, 2007 12:01:34 PM
How much to do you pay to avoid DUW? My provider just bumped our download speed to 6 mbit, yay! Free, yay! This got me wondering what others are willing to pay for their high speed connection. I remember in 1996 I started looking into different "hard-wired" solutions, T1 and Frame... 
Posted September 15, 2005 11:43:56 AM
DllImport with unmanaged dll (zlib) in C# Hi, this is my first time ever attempting to access a .DLL resource. I have created and linked to .lib libraries in Linux in the past, quite some time ago actually. To be exact, I want to use a zlib.dll to try and inflate a data block that I suspec... 
Posted September 15, 2005 11:22:03 AM
F.E.A.R. Demo Downloads page. Has anyone been able to install and run this game? I have downloaded, and attempted installation twice. Each time I get a catastrophic error while it is installing the files. At different locations. I am going to attempt the 3... 
Posted August 7, 2005 1:26:43 PM
A good book. Can anyone recommend a good book on ADO.NET, preferbaly with VB.NET. I was considering Pragmatic ADO.NET mostly because of the Microsoft .NET Development Series. Good choice, or any recommendations? Thank you. 
Posted July 22, 2005 2:57:14 PM
Scoring a Blackjack hand I have been working on some classes related to Blackjack. Now I am at the point where I have a Player, who has a Hand, which is made up of Cards. Each card has the expected information, suit and face-value. I am just having a little trouble f... 
Posted April 15, 2005 6:55:33 PM
Steam April Fools Joke For all of thoes who do not have Steam, here is the update news for today. Pretty funny stuff I think. Quote: Friday, April 1 2005 An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam c... 
Posted April 1, 2005 10:31:21 PM
C4244 With templates Still working on learning STL, I started working on a simple midrange function. It works correctly, but I get 2 C4244 warnings when I compile. testie2.cpp(27) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'std::allocator<_Ty>::value_ty... 
Posted March 31, 2005 1:32:16 PM
My first STL + template After reading the STL and newbies I realized I should get on it. So I just got home, and after about 20 mins total I created this: // testie2.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" using name... 
Posted March 29, 2005 8:39:15 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[HTML] Obtain search data from google source code What are you using to view the source? I was able to locate this on line 6 of a standard Google search: <div id=resultStats>About 756,000,000 results<nobr> (0.14 seconds) </nobr> 
Posted October 18, 2010 12:29:52 AM
DirectX Terrain and a dirt path Maybe you could get a path finding algorithm and use it to follow the low points in the height map from two points. Modify the terrain geometry vertices where the path is found to make it more level, like a road - you might be able to 'paint' some a... 
Posted September 14, 2010 12:35:53 AM
C++ counter I'm not exactly sure what you mean. But maybe this is what you are looking for. char first = 'A'; char last = 'Z'; int count = last - first + 1; Since they are already in sequence and a character is represented by a number, then you shou... 
Posted August 24, 2010 6:10:21 PM
Place a circle to cover as many points in a set as possible I thought this was an interesting problem so I gave it some thought. My solution has an assumption that a point on the edge of the circle is considered inside. If it is not considered so, then you would want to use a smaller radius for the dis... 
Posted August 24, 2010 5:37:41 PM
Undoing Powers Awesome! It looks like log(x)*log(10) = -0.33 Perfect! Now I just need to do some research on understanding log(). Thanks Gage64. TheAdmiral- So it looks like I can just use the Log10() function to reduce the code (using C# for... 
Posted December 6, 2007 12:32:08 PM
You may now post code First of all, thank you Jeromy for the challenge. It was a good way to get me back in to coding again after such a long long break. Second thing I would like to mention, is that I did make use of List<> but I treated it like an array at tim... 
Posted August 7, 2007 6:39:26 PM
Colormental Linkified for ease of use. Post refered to in Game Programming. URL given in above thread. And download. :)  
Posted October 3, 2005 7:11:06 PM
DllImport with unmanaged dll (zlib) in C# Thanks, I got the assemblys imported. But I guess I need some information on how to marshal the parameters. I am catching an exception with the message "Can not marshal parameter #2: The type definition of this type has no layout information... 
Posted September 15, 2005 2:56:16 PM
how to find the length of an array in c/c++ ? Here is a little sample of how you could use the vector like SiCrane mentioned. #include<vector> #include<string> int main() { std::vector< std::string > Animals; Animals.push_back("cat"); Animals.push_back("dog"); ... 
Posted September 1, 2005 10:15:19 AM
Getting a location from an IP address! VisualRoute does this, from what I understand they have a DB of IP addresses and the geological locations of thoes router/switch points. I don't think you can acutally determine the physical location of the end point without either interpreting th... 
Posted August 29, 2005 11:42:38 PM
View All Replies Made By This User