Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Deliverance...  
Full Name  
Nickname Deliverance 
State/Province, Country Iasi   Romania
GD Gathering City Iasi, Iasi, Romania
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1132  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/2/2006 8:58:50 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Hoare Logic & arrays I can't seem to find how hoare logic deals with array assignments. Something like this: a[i] = 5; or maybe a[a[i]-5] = a[3-a[a[i]]]; How can someone prove for instance that in the first example, after the assignment, a[i] will... 
Posted November 5, 2010 4:22:05 PM
Voxelization by slicing and geometry instancing I'm trying to figure out if this is possible. I'm doing some voxelization work of water-tight meshes using the simplest algorithms i found out there. It works by rendering to a 3D texture, a slice per frame. The mesh to be voxelized is rendered N ti... 
Posted August 23, 2010 4:42:02 PM
GPU particles collision detection with arbitrary mesh I've been toying around with GPU updated particle systems and i've started thinking how would one go about detecting collisions and respond to them when storing the particles' positions and velocities as textures. I thought to myself that i coul... 
Posted August 14, 2010 6:51:44 AM
Texture Distortion artefacts I'm trying to distort a texture based on normal maps but something goes wrong. I have a texture that contains normals, and also a texture that has to be distorted based on these normals. I update the droplet texture(the one with the... 
Posted August 10, 2010 6:09:37 PM
How to map this opengl blending sequence to photoshop operations I'm trying to map this blending sequence to photoshop operations, such that with the same input i obtain same output from photoshop. Since i'm a total photoshop noob i'm having big difficulties in accomplishing this :). Here's the opengl sequence:... 
Posted August 8, 2010 11:27:28 PM
Colors I've been toying around with shaders lately and aside from all the per pixel crazy stuff like normal mapping, ssao and aside vertex processing for skeletal animation i thought i'd create something simple yet pretty, in about 15-20 minutes and see wha... 
Posted August 4, 2010 10:38:08 PM
What i've been working ON lately.. is here! Enjoy! 
Posted July 25, 2010 5:25:01 PM
Methods to improve fillrate I'm wondering if there are ways to improve fillrate, that i'm not aware of. I'm using texture atlases to minimize state changes, i'm drawing only 2D quads, using VBO's(not if that would really matter, i'm fillrate limited). I'm on an iPad a... 
Posted July 30, 2010 4:31:50 AM
Shader maximum memory(GLSL) How much memory can a shader eat, at maximum? I mean, in regular programming languages declaration means allocation of memory(being it on stack or on heap, different languages treat this different). So does a shader maps the a variable's me... 
Posted July 20, 2010 6:28:06 PM
GPU raytracing with GLSL I've started toying with some (very simple) real time ray tracing on the GPU and i'm having troubles figuring out what space i am in. Let me explain what am i doing. First there is ray generation: i draw a full screen alligned quad with an ort... 
Posted July 18, 2010 11:53:12 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Voxelization by slicing and geometry instancing Quote:Original post by Ashaman73 Try to "unwrap" your 3d volume to a 2d texture by placing the slice on a single texture. Then calculate for each instance a offset which will be used in your vertex shader to shift your model to the according po... 
Posted August 26, 2010 4:55:19 AM
GPU particles collision detection with arbitrary mesh Thanks for the reply. I made some tests with intersecting the particles with triangles and the results were not so good. I'm willing to simulate millions of particles (i have 1 million now), and doing collision analitically does not seem a feasible i... 
Posted August 15, 2010 4:35:08 PM
Rain Effect Well, it's pretty simple. You first have to obtain the normal buffer. I use FBO's for this and ping-pong between 2 of them. The algorithm would be something like this: fbo1->bind(); textureFbo2->bind(); DrawFullScreenAlphaBlendedQuad();... 
Posted August 14, 2010 3:42:06 AM
Rain Effect I recently implemented something similar, and used an alpha channel for the droplet normal map. I then blended based on this alpha value. Here's what i've obtained: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOTxYedzVY4 My normal map looks like this: ... 
Posted August 13, 2010 5:19:34 PM
Texture Distortion artefacts Well, i managed to eliminate the artefacts at the edges of the image(left and bottom) by drawing a 1024x1024 quad, as big as the droplet buffer and framebuffer and not draw it as big as the viewport(800x600). This makes sense because the texture coor... 
Posted August 10, 2010 8:35:15 PM
How to map this opengl blending sequence to photoshop operations Thanks a lot! 
Posted August 9, 2010 12:51:10 PM
Colors Yeah, a zoom would be great, i did experiment with this but i'm waiting to come up with a nice animation, for it! I use quite a few iterations on that movie: only 25! But it works great so far, when zooming i need more and more... :D 
Posted August 5, 2010 12:03:08 AM
What i've been working ON lately.. There's a lite version up, for the iPad! If you do have one, you can check it out and share your thoughts on it! Here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/enchanted-forest-lite/id384670141?mt=8 Enjoy! 
Posted August 4, 2010 11:09:58 PM
Cylinder with a hole You can generate such an object programatically. Here's a quick and dirty opengl program that does just that! (it uses SDL) #ifdef _WIN32 #include <windows.h> #endif #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <string&... 
Posted August 3, 2010 2:13:00 PM
Methods to improve fillrate I must say that tight fitting the sprites by increasing the triangle count, but reducing the pixels handled, boosted the fps in a big way. I'm pretty happy with the current performance but if there are any other improvements i can throw at the applic... 
Posted August 2, 2010 12:17:40 AM
View All Replies Made By This User