Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know donjonson...  
Full Name Mark 
Nickname donjonson 
State/Province, Country FL   United States
GD Gathering City Tampa, FL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID horriblemarvin 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1114  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/15/2005 4:31:51 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Question about web games. could you explain to me the difference between C++ and C++.net? does the .net have some libraries for networking or something? thanks. 
Posted August 4, 2006 7:36:04 AM
how do I deal with libraries conflicting with other libraries? I tried making my own simple test lib and it comlies fine. but when I try to use it I get a bunch of linker errors. I believe it has to do with libraries conflcting with other libs. for example MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private:... 
Posted March 28, 2006 9:13:15 PM
I need help creating a static lib I am going thought this tutorial http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235627.aspx I am using VC++ 2005 express I get to the point where I try to build the whole solution and I get the following linker errors. [SOURCE]mathfuncslib.lib(M... 
Posted March 28, 2006 6:47:50 PM
I have a runtime error that i cant figure out (SOLVED) the runtime error I get is Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'chChount' was corrupted. I cant see anything wrong with what I am doing here can you? here is my code #include <iostream> #include <string> #i... 
Posted March 25, 2006 11:16:31 AM
iomanip setbase(2) question I am trying to show numbers in binary by using the iomanip::setbase() function in the stream. But its not working. here is what I do. cout<<setbase(2)<<5<<endl; the output is: 5 it should be 101 what am i d... 
Posted March 23, 2006 10:55:17 PM
I am very interested in learning to create something like this. I am comfortable with C++ and know the very basics of directX. I very much want to learn to create the visual effects seen in these screen shots. Whare do I start? thanks 
Posted March 1, 2006 8:53:30 AM
how to read in data from a file one bit at a time. how do I do it in C++? 
Posted February 24, 2006 6:38:10 PM
string questions (C++) is there a size limit for a C++ string? 
Posted February 19, 2006 9:33:39 AM
trying to pass a vector as a function parameter hello I am using C++ I define a 2D array of string vectors as follows vector<string> wordList[26][26]; later I initialize it. I am trying to create a function that will accept that as an arguement parameter. here is the function... 
Posted February 13, 2006 8:17:12 PM
is there a free or cheap palm os ide and compiler? I have some great ideas for some palm programs but I cant seem to find a free IDE's or even compilers? anyone have more info? 
Posted February 6, 2006 8:31:46 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Writing a new RPG game Hey fdominek I pm'd you. 
Posted April 6, 2006 10:08:30 AM
I need help creating a static lib actually I have done none of those things. The only functions I had in there were named add, sub, mult, div. It had something to do with using debug libs for a release build. I had to ignore the problem libs in the linker options and that fix... 
Posted March 28, 2006 10:24:11 PM
how do I deal with libraries conflicting with other libraries? thanks that helped me alot!! prettymuch I ignored every lib that was causing a linker error. That allowed it to compile and it runs ok but will that always be the case if I just ignore every "squeaky" lib? 
Posted March 28, 2006 9:40:45 PM
I need help creating a static lib nobody has any clue? 
Posted March 28, 2006 8:16:00 PM
Info How exactly have you tried to learn? I suggest getting a good C++ book and just go through it. That is a good way to learn. You will definetly get some C++ training wherever you go for game developement so I wouldn't worrie 
Posted March 25, 2006 3:08:35 PM
I have a runtime error that i cant figure out (SOLVED) my mistake sorry :) 
Posted March 25, 2006 2:28:58 PM
I have a runtime error that i cant figure out (SOLVED) Quote:Original post by Dave Hey bud, At first guess i would say that it is because you have a char array of length 256 but are only setting the first element, upon initialisation. Dave actually the following does initialize every eleme... 
Posted March 25, 2006 2:22:57 PM
I have a runtime error that i cant figure out (SOLVED) Thaks for all your help. and yes I am trying to count the characters in the file. and it works perfectly. The error doesn't come until the program reaches literally the end. In debug it breaks after the closing perenthasis of main(). I think... 
Posted March 25, 2006 2:18:49 PM
iomanip setbase(2) question is there something in the iomanip library that does do binary? 
Posted March 23, 2006 11:23:07 PM
building a computer better than buying one? I have always built my own rigs because of the advantage in quality of components and price. But homebuilt custom rigs are getting more and more common which is leading the manufacturers to increase the retail price of individual components. 3 year... 
Posted March 3, 2006 7:17:35 AM
View All Replies Made By This User