Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Omega147...  
Full Name Chase Dickerson
Nickname Omega147 
State/Province, Country UT   United States
GD Gathering City Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.eng.utah.edu/~dickerso/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Java Programmer/Student 
Job Description English and Computer Science major at the University of Utah. 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1288  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/23/2001 11:02:30 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Urban Space Squirrels - Stage Editor The Stage Editor is a level editing tool that I coded in C# for Urban Space Squirrels. It has the following features: In-place simulation (i.e. maps can be fed on the fly into the game engine for testing)Tile type and trigger assignment (e.g. "... 
Posted June 28, 2010 11:41:29 AM
Urban Space Squirrels Press Release Salt Lake City, Utah, June 06, 2010 - DTA Entertainment presents Urban Space Squirrels, a puzzle platformer involving an incredibly armed and playful squirrel codenamed Agent 1337. Primary gameplay in Urban Space Squirrels surroun... 
Posted June 11, 2010 1:20:04 PM
Urban Space Squirrels Press Release Salt Lake City, Utah, June 06, 2010 - DTA Entertainment presents Urban Space Squirrels, a puzzle platformer involving an incredibly armed and playful squirrel codenamed Agent 1337. Primary gameplay in Urban Space Squirrels surroun... 
Posted June 10, 2010 11:24:44 AM
2D MapMaker A small map-maker tool I've been working on for fun. Once it's complete, I plan to use it to make a very small and simple 2D RPG with graphics similar to that of Shining Force or Lunar. Eventually, with all the desired features listed below,... 
Posted May 21, 2006 1:49:13 PM
TreeView Control Not Showing Posted about this problem a while ago in this post. Basically, I have a program that makes use of a tree view control, and everything runs fine until the application is run on another computer. Sometimes, what will happen is that the tree vie... 
Posted May 30, 2006 12:04:34 AM
[Solved] MSVC++ 2005 Manifest-o! From all the MSDN/Microsoft garb I've read, it says that distributing a release build of an application built with MSVC++ 2005 requires a manifest file to accompany the executable, either embedded in the binary code or within the local directory some... 
Posted May 21, 2006 8:02:31 PM
Intellectual Property License Looking to acquire a limited license for intellectual property. What I need help with involves the actual request for that license; is there a sort of form or guideline I can follow to do this (i.e. an example request form)? This request will be deli... 
Posted May 4, 2006 4:11:05 PM
More Keyboard Keys Am I crazy, or wouldn't it be nice to have a second tab key over by the numpad? Often times I find myself having to enter a bunch of numbers into text fields, which hitting tab will switch between, but if there was a tab key by the numpad, I could ju... 
Posted March 23, 2006 8:15:03 PM
Program works on build computer, but not others. Here's the situation: I have a release build of my application, and when I run it on my computer (the computer it was compiled on), it works as intended; however, when I transfer the executable along with all required DLL's to another compu... 
Posted March 6, 2006 9:03:43 PM
What is plot? ----------------------------- "What is plot?" PART ONE ----------------------------- Okay, where to begin...? Plot is typically defined as the following: The pattern of events or main story in a narrative or drama. And then I say,... 
Posted March 5, 2006 3:36:29 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
DirectX Textures Too Dark Could it be something as simple as the gamma levels on the computers you're testing on? Are you performing any in-game gamma correction? 
Posted August 8, 2010 10:00:16 PM
Algorithm to find whether 2 objects on a 2D Plane will collide Quote:Original post by triqer I'm trying to implement what you said, but it seems like a LOT of checking stuff, and it seems like there should be a simpler way to do this. Well, predictive collision is harder to do than actual collision. Can you ex... 
Posted August 2, 2010 2:30:03 AM
Algorithm to find whether 2 objects on a 2D Plane will collide Do you only need to know if they will collide, or are you interested in when they will collide as well? Do all objects have the same shape or size? Are there any other forces at work, such as friction, gravity, etc.? Can the objects change direc... 
Posted August 1, 2010 9:32:43 PM
What's wrong with my collision? Quote:Original post by Yelnats Also, what do you mean strange happening to my variables? I mean when debugging, are you watching your variables? Have you stepped through your code line-by-line during execution to follow the variable assignments and... 
Posted July 31, 2010 10:26:23 AM
Strange lag problem Quote:Original post by cnr So, the games that I've made seem to run at 50fps, but then when I open something like Google Chrome, or .. any other 3D accelerated application, the framerate jumps up to over 2000. When you open Chrome, does your applic... 
Posted July 30, 2010 11:01:50 PM
What's wrong with my collision? Quote:Original post by Yelnats This still doesn't solve my previous errors. Can you provide more detail? What happens when you reach each of the map edges? Can you reproduce the stopping error? What coordinates does the program report for each tile... 
Posted July 30, 2010 10:52:00 PM
Separate engines in separate threads? Quote:Original post by caecilius If I instantiate a separate Engine on each thread, will I have any problem executing scripts, or is there some kind of global state that is used even between Engines? It depends on the engine you're using.... 
Posted July 30, 2010 9:55:55 PM
What's wrong with my collision? In what increments do you move your sprite? Unless the sprite is moving at 20 pixel increments, then wherever you have a -- or ++ in your collision, you run the risk of triggering an out of bounds exception. In your "cleft" method, for example, if le... 
Posted July 30, 2010 9:46:04 PM
Breaking down a very large game project into manageable sections braindigitalis: Do you have a game design document? 
Posted July 30, 2010 9:21:17 PM
Best way to track all story paths? I recommend Chat Mapper. You may also be interested in Ren'py or ChoiceScript. 
Posted July 30, 2010 9:01:45 PM
View All Replies Made By This User