Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know VanKurt...  
Full Name Boris 
Nickname VanKurt 
State/Province, Country Nordrhein-Westfalen   Germany
GD Gathering City Aachen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.vankurt.de 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1022  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/25/2001 9:14:49 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
GIT - How does this work? Hi there! Today I tried to use the GIT version control system. But I'm having problems with the basic understanding... My Szenario is the following: I have a PC, a Notebook and a home server. I created a GIT Repo and copied it to all three de... 
Posted November 7, 2010 7:54:45 AM
AUtomatic XML generation Hi guys! I'm having a simple problem and am sure that you can easily point me in the right direction. What I'd like to do: I'd like to create some game content in form of a database/excel sheet/whatever. For example unit names, their hitpoints,... 
Posted February 12, 2010 5:51:52 AM
GalaxyHopper - OpenGL Game for WindowsMobile Hi guys! I'd like to introduce my latest game "GalaxyHopper" for Windows Mobile to you. Links: The game's homepage Direct Download About the game: It is a puzzle game, based on a very old principle. You have an UFO and some asteroids &... 
Posted December 18, 2009 2:48:41 AM
Simple 2d billard physics: when 2 balls collide Hi guys! I'm stuck on a very simple problem which makes me quite angry ;-) Imagine a 2D world with two colliding balls, like in the billards game. These balls are given as: Vector2 position; Vecttor2 velocity; Now after detecting a coll... 
Posted December 5, 2009 3:38:34 AM
Risk Clone - Can I do that? Just a quick question: Could one create a commercial Risk-Clone? Maybe with changed name, World map etc.? Thanks for your advice! 
Posted December 4, 2009 3:18:08 AM
Easiest way to simulate cubes Hi folks! I'm looking for a way to simulate the following scene: Theres a big box (consisting of 6 planes) and a number (e.g. 5) of cubes inside the box. Then the box can be shaken, and the cubes should bounce around properly. (That means collis... 
Posted November 12, 2009 6:15:55 AM
Should be simple: Air hockey AI Hi guys! The game: The game I'm working on is nothing special: just another air-hockey game ;-) The world is very simple: 2 players (each moving a bat) and a puk on a rectangular playing field (yeah, just like pong). What should the... 
Posted October 23, 2009 2:29:56 AM
Moorhuhn - What can I do? Hey guys! Just a quick law-noob question: I was planning on writing a commercial Moorhuhn-clone-game. What I'm not sure about is how close to the original I can get. What about: - the name "Moorhuhn" - the graphics style (like the... 
Posted October 12, 2009 7:18:30 AM
Automating Payment / Serial code generation Hi there! I've been selling small self made games in my little online shop for quite some time now. But since a few weeks I'm selling more games than before (yay!) which leads to a huge problem: For every order/payment I get (via PayPal) I h... 
Posted September 6, 2009 8:03:59 AM
Jumba Hi guys! After a long time of abstinence I finally started developing games again. Since I didn't have to much spare time on my hands I decided for something small and simple: a mobile game! I also chose to make this project commercial to hel... 
Posted August 26, 2009 8:42:23 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
GIT - How does this work? Huh, ok. Thanks :-) Now I've got a repository on my local PC and my network storage. But how can I update the remote-repository? I tried the push command (passed 192.168.1.100/GitFolder as an argument), but git won't access my network sto... 
Posted November 7, 2010 2:29:43 PM
Smart Artificial Intelligence Game So if your question is not AI related: Why not post it in the "help wanted" section? 
Posted April 15, 2010 2:57:49 AM
SolarADVANCED released for IPHONE Some screenshots would be nice :-) 
Posted December 18, 2009 2:39:26 AM
windows mobile & C# There's no engine/framework I could recommend. But using OpenGL ES is pretty easy and gives good results (for 2d as well as 3d). If you want to keep it simpler just use GDI. 
Posted December 14, 2009 3:51:25 AM
Simple 2d billard physics: when 2 balls collide Great, thanks for your patience. With your help I got it working now. Awesome! :-D  
Posted December 13, 2009 9:31:15 AM
Simple 2d billard physics: when 2 balls collide I took that idea from this page: http://www.billardgl.de/technik_physik-de.html (It's in German, but has lots of images) It describes a billard game, so I thought it would be physically correct... This is driving me SOOO nuts. I just spent anot... 
Posted December 10, 2009 1:35:26 PM
windows mobile & C# Well, I've been in WM game development for quite some time and think that C# is very well suited for mobile dev. Of course C++ is a little more efficient, but not that much. And the comfort gain when using C# is priceless :-) 
Posted December 10, 2009 6:22:40 AM
Simple 2d billard physics: when 2 balls collide Hi guys! I'm still working on this problem... here's what I got so far: Vector2 batToPuk = puk.pos - bat.pos; // Vector from bat to puk Vector2 batToPukN = new Vector2(batToPuk); // Normalized vector from bat to puk batToPukN.Norm... 
Posted December 9, 2009 1:10:31 PM
Simple 2d billard physics: when 2 balls collide Hi Antzy, thanks a lot. Your approach works fine :-) But now I have another question (if I may?): What, if one of the balls is moved by hand, while the other one is rolling around on his own? Let's say during collision the ball in... 
Posted December 6, 2009 1:59:42 AM
Risk Clone - Can I do that? OK, thanks :-) I think this answers my question with YES: "5. What if the only thing I want to borrow is the gameplay - say, the idea of jumping on things and collecting coins? Fine. Don't worry about it. " 
Posted December 4, 2009 3:47:48 AM
View All Replies Made By This User