Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Mussi...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname Mussi 
State/Province, Country Noord-Holland   Netherlands
GD Gathering City Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1047  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/12/2004 5:36:40 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/mussi/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Intel finalist fantasy RPG needs artists. Click for larger size image. Project name: Unleashed: The Revolution Brief description: A fast action RPG set in a dark medieval time, which will make use of physics and quick pace gameplay to deliver a more action packed gameplay styl... 
Posted August 31, 2010 10:23:25 PM
Recreating device fails in fullscreen mode. Hey guys, I'm having some troubles changing device settings in fullscreen mode. After altering graphic settings, I release all the DirectX objects and then the device. I try to recreate the device with the new settings but it returns an invalid call... 
Posted September 20, 2010 8:46:04 PM
Unleashed: The Revolution This game is currently a finalist for the Intel Level Up 2010 contest. Brief description: A fast action RPG set in a dark medieval time, which will make use of physics and quick pace gameplay to deliver a more action packed gameplay style t... 
Posted September 1, 2010 10:59:04 PM
Pathing with variable unit radius. Hi there, I've implemented A* path finding for my units and all my units block nodes within their radii. The nodes are not specifically grid aligned and are positioned in 3D and contain pointers to adjacent nodes. The problem arises when a unit pa... 
Posted July 2, 2010 9:20:56 AM
Vector elements corrupted after push_back. Hi there, My vector elements get corrupted after I call push_back() to another vector. The following code shows the problem: { vector<Waypoint*> vecWaypoints; for(UINT j = 0; j < vecPaths.at(i).vecWaypoints.size(); j++) { Wayp... 
Posted June 23, 2010 11:47:59 AM
Multiple animation instances with independent animations with one frame root. Hi there, Some time ago I implemented the skinned mesh example in my game for animated meshes and all was good. Now I want multiple instances of a mesh to use the same mesh data so I create only one frame root and clone the animation con... 
Posted May 1, 2010 3:56:45 PM
Growing number of threads exiting. Hi there, When I start debugging in visual studio 2008 the number of threads exiting grows each time I resize my window. Not resizing my window and exiting it gives me the following output: The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1734) has exited with cod... 
Posted April 26, 2010 12:14:06 PM
List iterator not incrementable Hi, I have a little problem in my game which randomly pops up, so it seems. I get a Debug Assertion Failed error claiming that my list iterator is not incrementable. The call stack brings me to a simple piece of code: std::list<Buff*>::itera... 
Posted March 30, 2010 4:48:43 PM
Library dependency problem. Hiya, I have this probelm with including libraries. I've got two DLLs that need each other, so DLL1 includes DLL2's .lib file, but DLL2 also needs DLL1 so DLL2 includes DLL1's .lib file. now the probelm is they both need each others .lib file but... 
Posted February 10, 2005 8:59:51 AM
Problems with D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH. Okey, So I have this very strange problem, when I call the D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH function I get these compile errors: d3dx9.lib(cpudetect.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie d3dx9.lib(ssefasttable.obj) : error... 
Posted November 3, 2004 12:17:36 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What type of Plane does this example code use? Quote:The equation of a plane with nonzero normal vector n=(a,b,c) through the point x_0=(x_0,y_0,z_0) is... Point x_0 represents an arbitrary point on the plane. I'm not sure the "trough the point" part is the correct thing to say, but the quo... 
Posted January 5, 2011 8:37:07 PM
C++'s floats not very good? Quote:Isn't fabs implemented as a FPU instruction? In which case the compiler can probably convert your abs function to a single FPU instruction instead of having to do a bunch of moves to and from floating point and general purpose registers. Int... 
Posted December 16, 2010 7:35:18 AM
C++'s floats not very good? Quote:They differ in mechanism to actually compare the two floats - everyone else's methods rely on a range-test between two floats while mine relies on the absolute value of the difference - depending on how abs is implemented, I woul... 
Posted December 15, 2010 10:46:02 AM
Picking points on a 5 pointed start uniformly at random Construct 10 line vectors that form the star shape. For each of the 10 lines on the star roll a fixed or random amount of numbers between 0 and the length of the line and use the line vectors to calculate destination points for the sparks. You c... 
Posted December 10, 2010 9:17:17 PM
A portrayal of heroism Quote:How would you go about designing such a game? I'd say looking into how you can achieve point H6 with the goal G1 for an audience A1 is a good start. Shooters generally involve violence, combining H6, G1 and A1 is quite a challenge. An exa... 
Posted December 8, 2010 8:52:45 AM
[Win32 API] Question about Window Creation Quote:I thought about creating a new window and destroying the old window when prozessing the button,but well...didnt work out:P Why not? Alternatively you could change the text of your question and answers. 
Posted December 5, 2010 6:13:29 PM
[D3D9,HLSL] Problem when using vertex Declaration You could test it using a simple shader, don't know if that could cause such problems but I guess it's worth a try. Here's a very basic one from Nvidia: float4x4 WorldViewProj; float4 Color; struct a2v { float4 Position : POSITION; /... 
Posted November 10, 2010 6:22:19 PM
Storing Matrix and Vectors You can overload the constructor like any other function: class Mat2 { public: Mat2(); Mat2(float* array); Mat2(float m0, float m1, float m2, float m3); Mat2(Vec2 r0, Vec2 r1); };  
Posted November 10, 2010 3:48:18 PM
[D3D9,HLSL] Problem when using vertex Declaration I'm new to this so I'm not sure about this, but shouldn't these be float4 instead? vector position : POSITION0; vector Color : COLOR0; Output output = (Output)0; seems suspicious as well. 
Posted November 10, 2010 10:31:43 AM
Storing Matrix and Vectors Quote:I suspect since I used two separate floats as my x and y values I cannot access them in such a fashion. You can. Rows[n] is a member of type Vec2, the Vec2 class has an overloaded operator that allows you to get the protected x and y values. R... 
Posted November 10, 2010 10:22:47 AM
View All Replies Made By This User