Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know daveodonoghue...  GDNet+
Full Name David O'Donoghue
Nickname daveodonoghue 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description Designing & Developing Odd Games 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 882  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/18/2010 1:17:48 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net//journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Advertising your game for next to nothing Hi All, I'd like to talk about advertising your iPhone game. I've read so many posts such as "27 ways to advertise your game" and "Make your game sell by doing this" but they always tend to be generalised ideas rather than specific tasks you ne... 
Posted January 4, 2011 1:51:44 AM
Monster Truck Destruction - iPhone Game This is Monster Truck Destruction, our unreleased iPhone game. We'll be looking to release sometime January. Your fans are waiting for you... they are willing you to destroy everything in sight and cause ultimate destruction! Drive your truck to i... 
Posted December 16, 2010 12:34:08 PM
ODD Games - Monster Truck Destruction - In Development This is Monster Truck Destruction, our unreleased iPhone game. We'll be looking to release sometime January. Your fans are waiting for you... they are willing you to destroy everything in sight and cause ultimate destruction! Drive your truck... 
Posted November 24, 2010 9:57:54 PM
Determining bouyancy of a custom built boat Ok, I'm trying to add boat building to my fps game. I've built the functionality to actually build the boat using materials but now I need a way to make it float based on it's components. It doesn't need to be realistic just fun. Here's how I... 
Posted December 9, 2010 11:49:04 PM
Low poly, low textures, Do I cartoonify or try realistic textures? Here's some background before the question: I'm developing a game that is action-puzzle orientated but it uses a real-life theme (destruction derby). The game is not a destruction derby game, it's more of a novelty game involving the player trying... 
Posted October 25, 2010 1:29:50 AM
Un-named iPhone Game Truck racing game in early development. Currently supports damage and breakaway parts. Game runs at 25-40 fps at all times with 3 ai vehicles and the player. Still yet to add sprite effects. [Edited by - Ravuya on October 8, 2010 9:01:15 AM] 
Posted October 8, 2010 10:01:21 AM
Crowd Expectation Model... or something I have no idea what to call this so if you know what it is called please tell me. I'm working on a scoring system for my arena-type game and I want the scoring system to be dependent on the crowds expectations. For example: I have... 
Posted May 18, 2010 12:44:15 AM
Game Design for the Blind My grandfather is recently blind and I've been reactively developing a voice recognition "media center" for the last few months and suddenly realised that I should put some games into it for him. He's pretty content with the idea of giving him voi... 
Posted May 2, 2010 11:12:33 PM
Project "Hillbilly" Howdy yall' Here's an image from our current web/iphone project... Let me know what you think... more details to come... probably in the distant future. Games take so long to make when you are working :( 
Posted April 12, 2010 11:37:07 PM
Can we have a MMO Fail forum? Can we have a place where we move all the 'I need help with my MMO' threads? I'd really like to read all of these but I don't have enough lunch time to find them all. They make my day, everyday. 
Posted January 26, 2010 8:31:42 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Indie developer needs your help :) Game looks great. Did you blow the budget or were you expecting it to be 200k+? I almost bought straight away but then I remembered I'm on MacOSX.. I'll try the demo virtualised... if it works, I'll buy ;) 
Posted January 7, 2011 12:50:33 AM
Are my goals realistic? 1) No such thing as a realistic timeframe when it comes to passion. Just keep doing it until it's done. 2) Since you have no experience I'd highly recommend not going into the deep end, you'll lose interest quick smart. I started my programming da... 
Posted January 4, 2011 7:59:47 PM
Advertising your game for next to nothing Quote:1&3) Forum posts and IRC are a BAD idea. You specifically said "I'm not sure it's ehtical ... just a short little spam message". Doing it on IRC is a quick and easy way to get your site under a DDoS. Forums tend to delete your posts, ban/s... 
Posted January 4, 2011 6:29:59 PM
Monster Truck Destruction - iPhone Game Yeah, the caravan's have a weird collision setup that I've changed in the last couple of days, the pieces that fall off become rigid so it gets rid alot the intersecting poly's. I think I interpreted your post wrong and it gave me a great idea for... 
Posted December 23, 2010 8:53:29 PM
ODD Games - Monster Truck Destruction - In Development Updated post with new video, screenshot and description. 
Posted December 23, 2010 12:04:12 AM
Monster Truck Destruction - iPhone Game Forgot to add our development video showing our mesh deformation and splitting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1AEXUlmya0 YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/oddgamesdevelopment [Edited by - daveodonoghue on December 22, 2010 9:11:56 P... 
Posted December 19, 2010 11:11:21 PM
Monster Truck Destruction - iPhone Game Thanks for the encouragement, we are releasing in January but you can subscribe to youtube.com/oddgamesdevelopment just in case you miss the release post in the forums.  
Posted December 19, 2010 10:27:39 PM
GameBiz 3 - videogame company simulator (released) Lol, downloading... Will review soon. 
Posted October 20, 2010 7:32:09 PM
Absolutely FREE Sound Library Definately recommend BASS, I use the BASS.NET wrapper in my blind computer interface software, it's extremely easy to use. Never tried it for games though (always use a game engine).  
Posted October 20, 2010 12:47:57 AM
Un-named iPhone Game Lol, it wont be called aftermath, that's just one of the trucks. 
Posted October 11, 2010 8:22:20 PM
View All Replies Made By This User