Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know TheKrust...  
Full Name  
Nickname TheKrust 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 735  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/9/2007 2:29:29 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Nevermind, tired of asking for help I think I'll just use DevMaster from now on [Edited by - TheKrust on December 24, 2007 11:04:14 AM] 
Posted December 24, 2007 11:32:25 AM
wtf.... (nvlddmkm stopped responding) I'm just sure I'm not the only one in existance this is happening to. I have everything set up in my engine with shaders, no compile errors, no runtime errors. However, it seems whenever I render more than around 200 meshes on scree... 
Posted December 21, 2007 7:54:20 PM
Dell = Devil? ummmm, maybe this is a dumb question, but why do gamers hate Dell so much? 
Posted December 19, 2007 10:32:06 PM
How to sort by what I'm trying to make my engine have different options for how it sorts things. One by texture, another by Z value, and one by shader effect. So, from most to least efficient, what do you think is the action best taken by default? I plan... 
Posted December 16, 2007 2:39:25 AM
CreateRenderTarget So I do the CreateRenderTarget method, it doesn't return and error and everything peachy. Nice... but how exatly do I get this wonderful new surface into a displayable texture? I typically use D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET and the GetSurfaceLevel method,... 
Posted December 16, 2007 7:26:58 PM
Destroying Quality to improve Quality Guess I'm not entirley sure if this is a design issue or more technical but... If a screen has perfect clarity to it, it actually tends to make polygons more visible. If there are things like visual noise, which I kind of consider to be bloom and... 
Posted December 12, 2007 8:00:56 PM
Realeasing a program in VS 2005 I know I should have addressed this earlier, but how do I output a program (using directX 9) that will work on someone elses computer besides my own? 
Posted December 12, 2007 11:24:54 AM
Fullscreen vs Windowed on FPS I'm sure this is a fairly common issue people see. I guess it must depend on the graphics card you have seeing as how so many people get mixed results. I can't help but notice that games in fullscreen have massive framerates compared to o... 
Posted December 12, 2007 3:14:51 AM
Noise in HLSL Can anyone give me a straight forward answer if it's possible to use the noise() function in HLSL, at least in 3.0. I'm getting mixed answers everywhere, none of them saying yes or no. I'm trying to do something as simple as this: float me1 = n... 
Posted December 11, 2007 7:42:18 PM
Realtime caustics with normal maps I came upon an idea today that would let me preform fast caustics on tranparent objects using their surface normals relative to the light (and a few other tricks up my sleeve for visual quality). I'm just wondering if this has already been done... 
Posted December 8, 2007 2:51:32 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Nevermind, tired of asking for help why do people get so shitty on christmas [Edited by - TheKrust on December 24, 2007 11:03:07 AM] 
Posted December 24, 2007 12:03:00 PM
wtf.... (nvlddmkm stopped responding) **UPDATE** Odd new discovery. I can;t be at all sure if you were right, but it seems as though if the program is drawing at the beginning of the program, it crashes. BUT, if I activate the drawing manually while the program is running (pressing a... 
Posted December 21, 2007 9:18:05 PM
wtf.... (nvlddmkm stopped responding) Quote:Original post by Sc4Freak It's possible that your shaders are taking too long to run. Never heard of it before. Anything I can do to fix it and/or read up on it?  
Posted December 21, 2007 9:13:23 PM
Volumetric clouds Guess I'm not sure how much this would help you with clouds, but in general volumetric effects, you may want to invest in the use of soft particles. I guess I'm not sure why most people think soft particles are just a marketing term for DX10 (beca... 
Posted December 18, 2007 3:04:53 AM
How to sort by what Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers For the most part the order will not change on a frame-to-frame basis and even then a very small proportion of the renderable items will change significantly between two frames. Good point. So I guess if I... 
Posted December 17, 2007 2:02:01 PM
CreateRenderTarget Ah, ok I'll give it a shot. I've always seemed to think StretchRect was a slow operation though. How does it measure to speed against direct rendering on a texture? 
Posted December 16, 2007 11:22:48 PM
Prison Game as for the first idea, it's not bad. But I don't think realism is the way to go on that. I would say have some story going on already. Something sinister that's happening there. That's where you get your plot from. A realistic prison game w... 
Posted December 16, 2007 2:44:10 AM
Destroying Quality to improve Quality I'm fully aware of AA, but that's not what I'm talking about. AA makes lines smoother, but that doesn't ever cover the fact thet they're still polygons, infact it sometimes makes it worse. What I'm taking about is much different than AA, and yes,... 
Posted December 14, 2007 11:57:26 AM
Fullscreen vs Windowed on FPS got the PM, thanks 
Posted December 12, 2007 11:36:48 AM
Fullscreen vs Windowed on FPS well, alright, but whether I'm supposed to be or not I am. When running HL2 or portal, I am getting up to 50 fps increases in fullscreen compared to in windowed mode, and i am running vista. Windowed - 20-25 fps Fullscreen - 50-70 fps I didn'... 
Posted December 12, 2007 11:22:42 AM
View All Replies Made By This User