Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know pernyblom...  
Full Name Per Nyblom
Nickname pernyblom 
State/Province, Country Ostergotlands Lan   Sweden
GD Gathering City Linkoping, Ostergotlands Lan, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.springworldchallenge.com/wordpress 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1017  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/19/2009 11:40:35 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Reactive music demonstration Hello, I just wanted to demonstrate my latest reactive/generative music creation tool: Reactive/Generative Music Tool Descriptions of all the parameters are currently missing but will probably arrive next week. Enjoy! 
Posted October 1, 2010 10:10:08 AM
Try my generative music system I have created an online demo of my generative music system (and a lot more). If you are interested you can try the Applet here. Just click the right mouse button and select Presets/Music 1 in the popup menu. The node at the bottom is the... 
Posted August 5, 2010 6:40:23 PM
Procedural Content Gen. Node System I have created a demo of my node system that can be used for procedural content generation. Video: Youtube Video Try it here: Node System Demo Applet Right-click to open the menu. Then you can view some of the presets or add your own n... 
Posted August 6, 2010 5:03:56 PM
Marching Cubes result to indexed mesh issue ("Solved") Hello! I have just implemented the "vanilla" Marching Cubes algorithm and now I want to make a nice indexed triangle mesh from the result. The algorithm that I implemented just outputs all the triangles separated without any point sharing and I re... 
Posted July 14, 2010 2:06:13 AM
Color theory question Hello! I am trying to understand color theory to be able to select good color schemes (complementary, triads, split-complementary etc.) and have read a few online tutorials about this subject. In all the examples about color schemes, the "... 
Posted May 22, 2010 3:50:20 AM
Wanted: Skeletal animation theory and practice book recommendations Hello! I want to program my own skeletal animation system and I plan to buy some books about this topic. I want to learn about different mesh modification strategies, inverse kinematics and efficient implementation (+ all that you think is necess... 
Posted May 14, 2010 2:47:30 PM
My Latest Generative Music Video Hello! I posted here a long time ago about this topic in a now retired thread. Here is my latest video that demonstrates my generative/reactive music player: Latest Generative Music Video There are still bugs left to fix but I think that it... 
Posted April 15, 2010 10:35:47 AM
Generative Music Experiement Hi, I am currently developing a generative music tool to be used within games to make the music more responsive and dynamic. Here are some links to youtube videos that shows some dynamic generative music in action: Latest Video Node System... 
Posted October 5, 2009 4:57:14 AM
Found some free online audio books and other publications I recently found Julius Orion Smith III's webpage who has published a lot of online material about sound. Index of all publications Physical Audio Book DFT Book Digital Filter Book It seems to be high quality stuff and much more i... 
Posted August 6, 2009 11:54:46 PM
Music theory reference recommendations I am looking for music theory books and/or webpages. I have been using the Ricci Adams music theory webpage (which is very, very good) for some time but now I would like to move on and dig deeper :) Any recommendations?  
Posted July 14, 2009 3:20:14 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Books ? A good book when you are starting out is "Music Theory for Computer musicians". I can also recommend Complete Idiot's Guide to Music Theory. The website MusicTheory.net is full of useful stuff like lessons, theory exercises and ear training.  
Posted August 31, 2010 5:53:18 PM
Try my generative music system Thank you for your kind words XeonXT! I would really like to know more about your work. I own one of David Cope's books and it is interesting to read the discussions about machine creativity and the methods he use to create music.  
Posted August 26, 2010 7:16:29 AM
Try my generative music system Quote:Original post by ManuelMarino A software will never be creative or intuitive. And, while you can teach a PC any kind of music grammar and harmonic progression, it will never create music that moves the heart. That sounds very reasonable. ... 
Posted August 25, 2010 5:43:50 PM
Procedural Content Gen. Node System Quote:Original post by Kasya Good Job!! BTW The music reminds me of Sims :P Thanks! The goal for the music is to make it more reactive and use graphs inside games. I made a video a while back where I interface to a more complicated (and cha... 
Posted August 9, 2010 8:39:08 AM
Procedural Content Gen. Node System Quote:Original post by unbird Some suggestions, though: - For long calculations a progress feedback (global and per node) might prove handy - Can you do a "mouse-centered" zoom. This makes navigation with the mouse only easier. - I would... 
Posted August 8, 2010 6:27:53 AM
Procedural Content Gen. Node System Quote:Original post by unbird Wow, very impressive. I like the instant preview logic in every node. This makes it really handy to work with. With this you probably could go for some commercial tool-chain (or part of it). To your questions: Sound... 
Posted August 7, 2010 8:27:49 PM
Procedural Content Gen. Node System Added a video for those who are unable/unwilling to run the demo: Youtube Video That extremely nice and polished music you hear in the background is actually derived from the music preset in the demo ;) 
Posted August 7, 2010 3:41:51 PM
Procedural Content Gen. Node System Quote:Original post by skyfire360 Ha, the GUI doesn't suck :) Where were all these awesome graph-making libraries when I had to write one a few years ago? Did you use an open-source library to make the scene graph, or did you roll your... 
Posted August 7, 2010 1:53:26 PM
Procedural Content Gen. Node System Quote:Original post by programering Is it like UML? No, but you could probably do some UML modeling in it if you add that type of nodes to it. 
Posted August 7, 2010 8:23:53 AM
Marching Cubes result to indexed mesh issue ("Solved") I went for solution 1 and preprocessed the triangles with a KD tree for checking duplicates/close points. It seems to scale up reasonably well but an index scheme would be much better. Anyway, this issue can probably be considered solved. At least... 
Posted July 14, 2010 3:22:14 AM
View All Replies Made By This User