Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Kalibr...  
Full Name Tyler Johnson
Nickname Kalibr 
State/Province, Country Queensland   Australia
GD Gathering City Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/8/2006 4:22:18 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Got SDK now what? Hey everyone: I downloaded an SDK for Deus Ex from Fileshack, but the Zip says I need a multiplayer patch to get it working. My main problem is that the multiplayer patch on fileshack (version 1112f) is for Mac only. I don't have a Mac. Any... 
Posted April 20, 2006 5:28:06 AM
Game mods Hey all. I joined a while ago, and have not used my profile for a while, and consequently, forgotten all I have learnt. Over the past few days though, I came across my old plans for a game, and also my password. My main problem is this: I have a fant... 
Posted April 18, 2006 5:19:31 AM
Perfect entry? When asking about which language to start off with and what to first do, I have recieved many different ideas. Some say to start with C, some with BASIC, also, some people advise to start by modding games, while others say "just start!" What do I... 
Posted January 28, 2006 1:40:47 AM
More than one document. Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to programming (recently learned about the switch and goto) and have been looking at other people's source code. What I see is that there are different code files (I think that's what they are), where you get the mai... 
Posted January 13, 2006 4:55:03 AM
What do all these things do??? At the start of the holidays I decided to get into programming. I bought a book on C++ from Herbert Schildt. I also used the bloodshed Dev-C++ (www.bloodshed.net)programming as a compiler and editor. The problem I have is that I have absolutely... 
Posted January 8, 2006 5:54:11 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Game mods I see, and will check out that site you posted. Thanks for all your help. 
Posted April 19, 2006 5:41:57 PM
Game mods Well, I read that most of the information is held in .INI files. How easy are those to edit? Also how does one edit these random things. I'll add in a screenshot of the files if you guys wish, because I sure don't know how to work them. I have... 
Posted April 19, 2006 1:59:25 AM
Game mods Quote:Original post by DigiDude Of course, you have to buy HL2 to get the source code. lol, even if I had enough money to buy that, it wouldn't work on my pc :P But even then, I've had difficulty finding any broad modding tips. Most search... 
Posted April 18, 2006 5:30:32 PM
Perfect entry? Thanks for the info everyone, and I will take this into consideration. And I have to choose now which language to learn exactly :( But I'll have to watch out for those BASIC habit Spoonbender mentioned. I've also decided to *not mod* until I can do m... 
Posted January 29, 2006 3:47:52 AM
More than one document. none that I can think of, thanks. 
Posted January 13, 2006 7:51:53 PM
Bad Jokes A blonde, a redhead, and a brunette get marooned on an island. After setting up a camp, they unearth a magic lamp. A genie came out and said that he would grant them each a single wish. The Brunette said: "I wish I was back home, and that I had... 
Posted January 12, 2006 7:23:29 PM
total newbie Quote:Original post by Raduprv You might want to start learning a scripting language and doing mods for the games you like. This will teach you some programming and give you experience on various other areas of game development, such as how to... 
Posted January 12, 2006 6:31:36 PM
Would like input I like the code there, much more complex than my first (in fact all) programs. And while I can't exactly help you here, I can say that it was fun! Good work! 
Posted January 10, 2006 5:04:56 AM
BOOKS (again) I bought a book called "C++ a beginner's guide" 2nd ed. by Herbert Schildt. It helps, but I also get lost on the topic, as I'm a complete noob as well. I just think that the authors get carried away and become technical too quickly... I'm sor... 
Posted January 9, 2006 9:26:38 PM
What do all these things do??? Thanks for all your input people. If no-one else has anything to say on this topic, then I bid you all happy coding! 
Posted January 9, 2006 6:24:17 PM
View All Replies Made By This User