Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Stephen_T...  
Full Name Stephen Thompson
Nickname Stephen_T 
State/Province, Country West Sussex   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Crawley, West Sussex, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.solarflare.org.uk/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1038  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/14/2009 5:11:41 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Knights Knights is a free 2D multiplayer game in which players must explore randomly generated dungeons and complete various quests. Each game revolves around a quest - for example, you might have to find some items and carry them back to your starting po... 
Posted February 7, 2010 6:47:25 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
in-game GUI? I am using Guichan which works quite well. There is also CEGui which you may find interesting. Qt is not designed specifically for games, and is a bit heavy for what you want, in my opinion. 
Posted July 5, 2010 3:33:28 PM
Knights Thanks to everyone who replied. It's good to know there are people around here who remember the original game... Quote: Really well done graphics for that time and cool that you kept them without changes. I agree that the graphics are very n... 
Posted February 9, 2010 2:55:11 PM
Spline math Quote:Original post by chronozphere What do k1, k2, k3 and k4 mean? They aren't present in the formula's. I didn't read the article but that looks like RK4 to me. 
Posted January 27, 2010 2:46:08 PM
Gravitational simulation Quote:Original post by taby Yep, a good source of info on the various methods is Galactic Dynamics. Thanks for this. I actually have a copy of that from my undergraduate days although I never actually read very much of it at the time :) Wi... 
Posted January 25, 2010 3:14:01 PM
Gravitational simulation Quote:Original post by taby On the other hand, if you're not looking for total realism, you could also try playing around with some different potential (V) functions. Just picking up on this one point (and putting relativity to o... 
Posted January 24, 2010 5:13:24 AM
Gravitational simulation What you are seeing is instability -- the system gains energy over time. To solve this you can use a smaller timestep, although you might need very small timesteps if r is close to 0. Another (perhaps better) way is to use a different integration... 
Posted January 23, 2010 6:29:42 AM
friction of the tires Tire friction depends on the slip angle (the angle between the direction the tire is pointing, and the car's velocity vector), and the slip ratio (which is basically (wheel spin speed) / (car speed) - 1). There is something called the "Pacej... 
Posted January 17, 2010 6:44:08 AM
Physics Simulate/Update You are correct that you shouldn't be multiplying by time twice. However I think you have another mistake in Simulate: float speedIncrease = (Math::Vec3Magnitude(&vAcceleration) * Math::Vec3DotProduct(&pCurr->m_vDirection, &vAcceleration)); ... 
Posted January 17, 2010 6:38:40 AM
Degree of freedom (DOF) for 3D transforms? A rotation about a particular axis (say the x-axis) will be specified in terms of sin and cos of some angle theta, so yes, there is one DOF in that case. But a general rotation will be a combination of three rotations (one about each axis) so th... 
Posted October 25, 2009 5:03:26 PM
Degree of freedom (DOF) for 3D transforms? There are only three DOFs from rotation, not four. The simplest way to see this is that a rotation can be completely specified by a 3-dimensional vector, where the direction of the vector gives the rotation axis, and the length gives the angle o... 
Posted October 25, 2009 1:56:04 PM
View All Replies Made By This User