Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Gamester3333...  
Full Name  
Nickname Gamester3333 
State/Province, Country KS   United States
GD Gathering City Gardner, KS, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1012  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/9/2005 6:11:58 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
How to load in bitmaps using a text file as a reference? Hey guys, it's been a while... but I need help once again. I wrote some code earlier, and it doesn't work, but I can't figure out why for the life of me... I want to write a class that loads in individual, uncompressed bitmaps by reading in the... 
Posted December 9, 2008 3:39:38 PM
Text input in allegro I am making an OGG player, but OGG isn't the problem. My problem is, getline(); doesn't seem to agree with allegro, presumably because there is no console, but I still need a way for the user to type in the song name to play it. If you have a way t... 
Posted August 23, 2006 9:23:30 PM
String not working??? Okay, I have a simple program in allegro that reads and plays an ogg vorbis file that is specified by the user. (allegro is not the problem) For some reason, this doesn't work: #define ALOGG_DLL #include <alogg.h> #include <allegro... 
Posted August 22, 2006 11:21:10 PM
Locating non-set numbers of files Ok, I am creating an OGG player, and I need to read all of the files in a folder so that the user will have a playlist. Either that, or have a way for them to choose the song. All the OGG stuff is taken care of, but how can I list off all the file... 
Posted August 22, 2006 10:59:03 AM
Allegro sound files (ogg to be specific) How do I build a DLL in dev? I mean, the alogg dll. I can't figure out the vague directions... 
Posted August 21, 2006 10:15:09 PM
Health bars and such I have an RPG that will have a health bar along with a readout of how much health you have out of the maximum. I am using allegro. My code for drawing this bar is as follows: healthpercent = playermaxhealth / playerhealth; ... 
Posted June 30, 2006 11:49:30 PM
For loop Question Ok, I have a tile-based battle system for my game, and it is quite large, 22 x 9 to be exact, and I want to use the for loop to create solid-tile arenas. I am using a 2d vector for this, and my code looks like this: //Note the extra space b... 
Posted June 24, 2006 3:52:54 AM
Allegro Timing I know that allegro has interrupt handlers, but I do not entirely understand them. I know that I can use these to slow down my program, but I do not know how to implement this. I know that I need to put one before my rendering code to stop... 
Posted June 21, 2006 1:44:27 AM
Allegro interrupt handlers I know that I sound like a n00b, but how can I use these to slow down my game? So far, I understand that I need to put one before my rendering code to stop the program at that point, and calculate the framerate, but what I should actually put t... 
Posted June 20, 2006 10:34:29 PM
Another Time Question... Ok, I think I understand the separation of game code and draw code, but my game still runs funny... Basically, what I want to do is stall the processor until a certain amount of time has passed, then run the whole game cycle, stall, run cycle, sta... 
Posted February 27, 2006 11:25:45 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How to load in bitmaps using a text file as a reference? Sorry, I guess I was a little vague. I want the class to load in a text file, read in each line, which is the complete filename of a bitmap, load them and store them in an easy to access vector. What happens when I try to load them is that the call f... 
Posted December 12, 2008 2:56:58 PM
How to load in bitmaps using a text file as a reference? Sorry, I forgot to mention that i'm using allegro 4.2. I don't know why it wouldn't load in the bitmaps. I noticed that when I go to print the string, allegro leaves the newline in, so I chop it off in the loading function, but it still doesn't wo... 
Posted December 9, 2008 6:52:29 PM
Procedural planet textures You should check out Ad Astra at www.a-astra.com, this is probably what you'll be using the planet generator for, eh? 
Posted December 6, 2006 10:53:46 PM
Programing Questionduh! I don't know what you mean by that. My second game that I'm working on now is a large 2.5D RPG, and I've only been coding for about 6 months. Go ahead and try to make your MMO, but be aware that there are other costs involved (like the se... 
Posted September 1, 2006 10:14:52 AM
Text input in allegro It took some manual reading, but I figured out that when I call install_keyboard(); it stops all OS keyboard functions. So all I need to do is not call it until the music starts!!! EDIT: Ok, that still doesn't want to work... Can someone at l... 
Posted August 23, 2006 9:56:50 PM
[SDL] Class inheritance problems Isn't this the "diamond dillemma"??? 
Posted August 23, 2006 9:27:46 PM
String not working??? Allegro has it's own window, and doesn't run in the console. Could that be the problem? getline(); crashes for some reason... 
Posted August 23, 2006 9:29:26 AM
String not working??? That didn't help at all... I have no idea why it won't take in the input from the keyboard and store it in "song". Something isn't clicking right... 
Posted August 22, 2006 11:32:22 PM
Allegro sound files (ogg to be specific) Whoops, turned out I had it right, wrong out put folder, silly me. 
Posted August 21, 2006 10:17:50 PM
Health bars and such Awesome! It works, plus I learned more about C++! 
Posted July 1, 2006 4:00:13 AM
View All Replies Made By This User