Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Pinback...  
Full Name  
Nickname Pinback 
State/Province, Country Melbourne
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.moesaverage.com/zion 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1017  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/24/2008 12:52:45 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Primordia This has been in production for some time now, I thought it was about time to formally announce it. After my first attempt at making a proper adventure game (Homunculi) failed miserably due to a lack of planning (And my utter suckage at writing), I... 
Posted September 24, 2010 5:42:34 PM
Homunculi (Warning contains strong horror themes) Homunculi A horror survival adventure In short, Homunculi is psychedelic horror adventure. The story revolves around a guy who finds himself within the bowels of a hellish nighmare. Not sure who to trust and accosted... 
Posted November 26, 2009 10:44:07 PM
Cyberpunk Tactical/RPG Hey all, I'm currently working on a cyberpunk Tactical/RPG indie game called ZION, it has isometric 2d graphics, and I thought I needed some outside criticism. This is my first attempt at isometric 2d graphics so havi... 
Posted August 11, 2009 4:14:56 AM
ZION a Cyberpunk Strategy/RPG These are graphics tests created by me, for a small indie game being made by my homies and I over at Moesaverage Studios. It's a squad based tactical RPG, set in a dystopia in the far future. 
Posted August 12, 2009 10:46:18 AM
Independant Cyberpunk Strategy/RPG game project (non-pay) Team name: Zion team. Project name: Zion Brief description: Zion is a strategy/rpg Cyberpunk game. The game code is itself is coming along nicely, and we are currently producing some great music, models, and concept art. Target aim: ... 
Posted September 24, 2008 1:30:36 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Homunculi (Warning contains strong horror themes) Here my latest update, a trimmed version of the openining cuscene on YouTube.  
Posted December 14, 2009 11:33:55 AM
Homunculi (Warning contains strong horror themes) Quote:Original post by jackolantern1 Wow, I can't wait for it to be done either. I love psychedelic horror, and it is not a genre you hear mention of every day lol. Out of curiousity, what did you use for the art? It looks amazingly like the fam... 
Posted December 7, 2009 9:38:25 PM
Homunculi (Warning contains strong horror themes) Thanks for the comments guys, 1)Release date isn't set, but it's looking like mid march 2010 atm. A demo trailer will be done around NYE. 2)Homunculi will be a freeware release. 3)I haven't had time to set up a dedicated site for it yet, bu... 
Posted December 5, 2009 11:01:24 PM
Cyberpunk Tactical/RPG Thanks for the link, lmelior. I think we should be able to do reasonably nice animations in the more realistic style. Not what you'd see in pre-3d rendered sprites, but then I want this game to look original, so as long as they dont look com... 
Posted August 25, 2009 2:39:28 PM
Cyberpunk Tactical/RPG The environment sprites and the realistic(ish) sprites were all done using the following method I developed myself for lack of knowing any better really. Of course you can do sprites old-school, but for this game I need to produce lots of sprites re... 
Posted August 23, 2009 1:52:34 PM
Cyberpunk Tactical/RPG Hi again, I've been working on changing the character sprites for Zion to a more realistic style, I think they look way better than the chibi anime ones (Top of page). Wish I'd thought to do these first. Anyway, I thought some outs... 
Posted August 20, 2009 9:42:17 AM
ZION a Cyberpunk Strategy/RPG Thanks everyone for your kind words, I guess I'm doing something right. I'll be sure to post a demo vid and some more screenies real soon:D 
Posted August 15, 2009 3:43:53 AM
ZION a Cyberpunk Strategy/RPG Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. ZION uses the 2d SFML library as a foundation for the game engine.  
Posted August 12, 2009 12:22:38 PM
Cyberpunk Tactical/RPG Quote:Original post by LorenzoGatti The tiles and sprites are brilliant: natural looking but with easy to see square cells, well drawn, coherent, detailed, very cyberpunk. I'm a bit more perplexed by the HUD and by the background. The HUD is als... 
Posted August 12, 2009 9:46:05 AM
Cyberpunk Tactical/RPG Thanks Omega, it's really good to hear that. I really want the graphics in ZION to look very unique, I'm kind of fed up with the uniformity of todays blockbuster games, almost everything sci-fi is sleek and black. I wanted to get as far away from t... 
Posted August 11, 2009 9:49:04 AM
View All Replies Made By This User