Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Sanctux...  
Full Name Jack Chou
Nickname Sanctux 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City San Diego, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1040  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/8/2007 1:44:14 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Earthquake! Just felt the effects of 6.9 Baja California earthquake here in San Diego. Amazing how fast information goes about the world with today's technology. Anyone else feel or hear about it? 
Posted April 4, 2010 7:07:51 PM
Google Chrome Extensions It's official. Google Chrome has me defecating brix, especially with the long-awaited arrival of extensions. It seems to me every product Google creates has some special quality to it that draws me in. What's there not to like about Google prod... 
Posted January 29, 2010 3:21:31 AM
Proofreading and linguistics I was just wondering: is proofreading a feasible profession? I often find myself scrutinizing the often-overlooked nuances of English grammar, punctuation, and conventional style in whatever it is I may be reading, whether it be an entry in a... 
Posted January 27, 2010 2:57:56 AM
Fun tactical shooters Lately, I've been having some unusual cravings for tactical shooter games, particularly ones that focus primarily on team tactics rather than spraying or heroism, and preferably ones with some sort of command chain system. Anyone know... 
Posted January 15, 2010 9:50:53 PM
Collision detection and information I have a Game, which has a PlayState, which has Players, which have Turrets, which have TurretAttachments, which have Missiles. If I understand correctly, the Missiles should take care of their own movement, collision detection, and destruction, r... 
Posted January 9, 2010 4:39:12 PM
TinyXML and the heap I wasn't sure whether to post this in General Programming or in Alternative Game Libraries, so I apologize beforehand in case this is the incorrect section. I'm having a bit of trouble with TinyXML, in that during its call to LoadFile, it calls th... 
Posted December 30, 2009 10:33:31 PM
Inheritance, Composition, and Aggregation Hello. If I understand correctly, I can use inheritance to create new classes by deriving from super classes, allowing me to make use of polymorphism, and eventually creating a hierarchy of classes. I can use composition when I want to "compose" an c... 
Posted December 30, 2009 5:43:14 AM
Circular menu Hi, I was wondering how you guys would approach this problem. Say I wanted to write a circular menu like so, assuming this menu had 6 items: Menu Item 5 [Menu Item 6] Menu Item 1 And when I press the right arrow: Menu Item 6 [Menu It... 
Posted December 24, 2009 5:54:32 PM
[SOLVED] Assigning Iterator to Iterator I'm getting a debug assertion "vector iterators incompatible" so I traced it down. I discovered that when I step over in this line activeItem = menuItems.begin(); // where activeItem is a vector iterator and a member variable of Menu and menuItem... 
Posted December 23, 2009 10:00:41 PM
Two Instances of a Class I have a Player class, representing a paddle for a Pong clone. This class has an Update(float dt) function, which updates its position, size, and other attributes. However, since there will only ever be two paddles, how do I go about writing thi... 
Posted October 6, 2009 1:34:00 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Say, where's good to visit in the USA? I'm quite biased here, but you have to check out San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego in California. 
Posted May 1, 2010 9:46:16 PM
The joy of being managed & immunized... Quote:Original post by Toolmaker 3 years ago when they had to remove 4 premolars and 1 wisdom tooth I got EIGHT injections stabbed into my mouth, gum and palate. Getting 4 shots in your arm is nothing. All in one sitting? Damn. 
Posted February 6, 2010 1:28:01 PM
Are you ready for this? ( worst website you'll ever see) MY EYES. WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN. 
Posted February 5, 2010 1:52:20 AM
Apple iPad The iPad released? But it's not even April yet... impossible... 
Posted January 28, 2010 2:58:00 AM
Craziest/most far out book you ever read? Twilight. Okay, so I've never read it, but I've read some lines in it, and I must say I am appalled. 
Posted January 28, 2010 2:44:13 AM
designing a two player game Quote:Original post by nitesh I am not able to understand how to make both the players move simultaneously. Most electronic entities don't actually do something simultaneously. Your screen, for example, doesn't actually color all the pixels o... 
Posted January 28, 2010 2:41:50 AM
Proofreading and linguistics I'm still rather young, and I've had several spur-of-the-moment-type "passions," until I realized they were more like interests than passions. Perhaps one day I'll find out what my true passion is. Thanks, Tom. 
Posted January 28, 2010 1:22:45 AM
Proofreading and linguistics Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper Quote:Original post by Sanctux Are you saying game companies do not have copy editors or proofreaders as specific professions? You have accurately deduced my meaning. Was I being too subtle? How would you (as a co... 
Posted January 28, 2010 12:12:38 AM
Proofreading and linguistics Thanks for the replies, guys and gal. Quote:Original post by Tom Sloper Quote:Original post by Sanctux 1. I was just wondering: is proofreading a feasible profession? 1. Yes -- at a company whose business is book publishing, or translation, or... 
Posted January 27, 2010 10:46:18 PM
How to get the length of enum in C++? IIRC, SFML uses: // Only works in certain circumstances. // Use at own peril. :) // Refer to Codeka's post. enum Foo { Bar, Foobar, Fubar, COUNT }; or something similar. 
Posted January 27, 2010 10:37:23 PM
View All Replies Made By This User