Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Roquqkie...  
Full Name Mikkel Hempel
Nickname Roquqkie 
State/Province, Country Kobenhavn   Denmark
GD Gathering City Hellerup, Kobenhavn, Denmark
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.student.dtu.dk/~s021877/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 933  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/11/2001 6:36:15 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Terrain w. water and physics This is just an old project for my VR-course at uni... :) 
Posted November 1, 2005 12:58:58 AM
TBN-space "rotated" I have a really weird "bug"... I have a mesh and my mesh have tangents, bitangents and normals for each vertex, which I computed using Mesh.ComputeTangentFrame (a managed directx helper-function)... when I want to move my light-vector into my TBN-... 
Posted September 12, 2006 4:05:49 PM
TBN-space "rotated" I have a really weird "bug"... I have a mesh and my mesh have tangents, bitangents and normals for each vertex, which I computed using Mesh.ComputeTangentFrame (a directx helper-function)... when I want to move my light-vector into my TBN-space it... 
Posted September 12, 2006 2:16:36 PM
Real-time marker recognition and tracking (with screenshots and clips) Hi, I'm currently developing a Augmented Reality detection and tracking-system. Check out my current work: First movie Second movie The movies are compressed with DivX. Don't mind the flickering in the first movie. This is due to my s... 
Posted January 17, 2006 6:51:10 PM
Raytracer + Photonmapping This is an old raytracer I wrote. The raytracer features: - Textures - Normalmaps (just for fun) - Anti-aliasing - Photon mapping (caustics etc.) - Arealights (creates softshadows) - Overlight blooming Best regards Roquqkie  
Posted November 3, 2005 10:22:11 AM
Hierarchical Occlusion Maps - Projection test Hi ! I'm in the process of implementing hierarchical occlusion maps. I have my Z-hierarchi and I now need to test wether an object is occluded or not. This should be done by projecting the objects bounding box into the Z-hierarchi, but from here... 
Posted June 12, 2005 4:20:13 AM
Radix-sort for floating-points? Hi ! Can anyone give me a hint on how to implement the radix-sorting algorithm for floating-points? I need it to sort some alpha-blended polygons :( Best regards, Roquqkie 
Posted June 8, 2005 3:58:25 PM
Image recognition Hi there :) This summer I will have to implement real-time image-recognition. My application should be able to recognize simple patterns on flat surfaces, i.e. a pattern made of black and white lego-blocks. I was hoping that some of you h... 
Posted May 27, 2005 5:39:33 AM
Finding the best occluder(s) Hi :) I'm currently working on my Hierarchical Occlusion Map, HOM, implementation. Now I'm wondering if anyone of you bright minds have an idea on how to find the best occluder(s) (from a polygon-soup in whatever spacial relationship yo... 
Posted March 10, 2005 2:33:37 PM
HOMs like Yann L Hi! After reading about HOMs in RTR 2nd. ed. and in the forums here at GameDev.net, I decided to implement it myself. I've then written a software-renderer, that renders my occluders to a Z-buffer. Now I have a few questions: What is the mo... 
Posted March 14, 2005 5:50:14 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Salary Stay in your field :) Many of my friends (all informatic civil-engineers) earn between 7k and 14k us$ per month. I'll graduate in less than an year! :D 
Posted November 10, 2006 10:57:06 AM
TBN-space "rotated" Sorry to bump the post, but I'm in lack of time ;) 
Posted September 14, 2006 1:15:50 PM
TBN-space "rotated" sirob: Thanks. Flipping my texture-coordinates y-axis removed the need for -T, but I still need to swap T and B, so it's TBN-matrix = (B,T,N); Did Microsoft make a mistake here and thought that T was derived from the partial derivative of V and n... 
Posted September 13, 2006 12:51:53 PM
TBN-space "rotated" S1CA: Thank you for your help :) I'm rendering a screen-aligned quad in the xy-plane. the vertices are (0,0,0), (1,0,0), (1,1,0), (0,1,0) and the lower-left texture-coordinate is (0,0), lower-right (1,0), upper-right (1,1) and upper-left (0,1).... 
Posted September 13, 2006 1:12:34 AM
Newest demo, boats Looks okay, but you seriously need to look into "Fresnel" to calculate the ratio between reflection and refraction =) 
Posted May 30, 2006 10:34:52 AM
AP Computer Science AB Free Response Hi, Buy and read first part of "Introduction to algorithms 2nd. ed." by Thomas H. Cormen: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0262531968/sr=8-2/qid=1145288320/ref=pd_bbs_2/104-6338573-5799912?%5Fencoding=UTF8 Good luck with your test! Best rega... 
Posted April 17, 2006 11:37:55 AM
Haddd v2.0 C# MDX shaders 2.0 engine It looks okay, nothing extraordinary tho' Best regards, Roquqkie 
Posted March 10, 2006 12:31:40 PM
MaxScript very basic exporter MacroScript ExportMesh category:"HowTo" ( fn GetGeometry o = ( Superclassof o == Geometryclass and classof o != TargetObject ) obj = pickobject filter:GetGeometry if isValidNode obj then ( tmesh = snapshotAsMesh obj ... 
Posted February 7, 2006 3:34:04 PM
MaxScript very basic exporter Hi! Hehe, click on help->Maxscript... Then you click "How to's"... Then click "How to write an exporter part 2"... There you have it :) A exporter written in MaxScript that does excactly what you need! :) Best regards, Roquqkie 
Posted February 7, 2006 3:17:50 PM
Real-time marker recognition and tracking (with screenshots and clips) Thanks! :D I will keep you updated! My goal is to implement a full Augmented Reality system that can recognize and track planar fiducials (markers) and give an approximation to its 3d-orientation. Best regards, Roquqkie 
Posted January 18, 2006 4:19:27 PM
View All Replies Made By This User